Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Can Men And Women Just Be Friends??

SeeBass

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As well as being man and wife, we were best friends.

From that point of view then yes it is possible.

I have a few female friends, who I consider to be friends, with no feelings on my part for anything other than friendship.

In my younger days, it may have been more difficult to have those sorts of friendships, probably because there was some sort of unwritten social stigma about going for a coffee or drink with a woman that wasn't your wife.

I think that this may still be the case.

Imagine going home and telling your wife, you are going for a drink with another woman?

Tell your wife you are going for a drink with a male friend,  no problem.

Social stigma around the whole thing if you ask me.

I don't agree that it's social stigma. I think it's genetic.

My wife and I are coming up for 32 years and I love her company, her attitude, her wisdom and her progressive thinking, although I've no doubt I've had an influence on her over the years. But I still love fucking her too. I couldn't possibly be as close to her if we hadn't had such a history of mutually rewarding orgasms. It is physical attraction in the first place that creates the possibility.

Couples grow together. I could never be friends with a woman. I would want to fuck her, as I always do with women I find attractive. I just don't believe in monogamy and the lie that we have been sold by the Christian tradition.

I don't agree that it's social stigma. I think it's genetic.

My wife and I are coming up for 32 years and I love her company, her attitude, her wisdom and her progressive thinking, although I've no doubt I've had an influence on her over the years. But I still love fucking her too. I couldn't possibly be as close to her if we hadn't had such a history of mutually rewarding orgasms. It is physical attraction in the first place that creates the possibility.

Couples grow together. I could never be friends with a woman. I would want to fuck her, as I always do with women I find attractive. I just don't believe in monogamy and the lie that we have been sold by the Christian tradition.

Go on Rocket ye big spunk monkey  :thumbsup:

3989b78.jpg

My wife and I are best friends, however we fuck and that (I assume) is not what the question is about.

I used to believe you could, and have been in several friendships with various women in my time but am comfortable enough to admit that some I entered into knowing I fancied them, others knowing they fancied me and a couple knowing we both fancied each other, where circumstances and/or social norms meant we could not or should not allow things to develop sexually. Was even mates with a lad who told my now wife that he reckoned he could "turn" me.

All have one thing in common, we're no longer friends.

To me true friendship is being able to pick up the phone or turn up on their door step and vice versa and expect to give or receive help no questions asked. Difficult to achieve if one or more wants more out of the relationship (sexually) that the other, given the obvious resultant power imbalance.

I'm trying to figure out whether a girl who is married and has two children was ever my true friend in the first place as she's not been around for just over a year now.  She got quite nasty with yours truly for sharing good news that DWP had decided to give me an extra £45 a week to look after myself based on losing one's Mam's practical help being disabled from birth like I am.  Thought I was rubbing things in her face!!  I'd travelled thirty miles on a bus to see her.  Said my piece at the time which was at her work in a betting shop.  Reported us to her boss.  I kinda got told off by him but ain't seen or spoken with her since.  We were SO CLOSE after my Mam died as a result of the secondary Brain cancer and she more than anybody helped me through our heartache.  So conflicted because doesn't even answer a text message at Christmas or on her Birthday now. 

We had words over her husband coming to a shopping trip to Metro Centre the day before we were going as she'd not even mentioned it.  Point was I'd waited EIGHT MONTHS for this day out as never really got chance to spend any quality time with her in bookies as it was.  Stupidly in a text told her I loved the lass but people say silly things at the wrong time and only probably spouted above declaration as wanted her attention to the problem we were going through at time.  Seemed to get over this after she lost a baby five months through gestation period but again find ourselves gone over a year without contact hence don't know what to make of it all anymore.  We bought her a couple of paranormal romance books and Map Scarves of Rome and Paris (two places she'd like to go before dying) as a way of repaying the favour she did when Mam passed.  She wrote me a wee note on some old newspaper thanking one for the presents and here was something in return but wasn't to open it until I got home. She'd bought me a No Fear rucksack. 

I had folk that went into bookies tell me she was only doing what she was doing when my Mam died to make herself look good in front of other people.  I'd be gutted if there was any truth to this theory.  She would send me text messages at half past two in the morning telling SeeBass she was going to get a glass of water from the kitchen and was for a ten month timespan sending us postcards through letterbox but claiming I had a stalker and she knew nothing of what I was talking about.  Some of the messages were quite deep in our opinion.  17th Century Poetry on me losing four and a half grand at the bookies on two year anniversary of Mam's death.  Even took over texting me at Aberdeen matches from my Mam.  You know had I got there OK, what was the game like, what was I having for dinner at the hotel that sort of thing.  Really miss all that small stuff with her.  I adored this girl like you'll never believe but would be heartbroken if it had been fake all along.  I thought she would provide me with an alternative relationship to the one I had with Mam.  Different but one that would sustain me and I could relish in for life.