Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

sevco v Dons

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, it'll be on the Red TV I expect, but I don't think it's televised.

Should be a good one. We played well at the weekend, but there were some glaring deficiencies in O'Connor and Reynolds at the back. Hopefully we'll see McKenna slotted straight back in at least (hopefully Arnason too) and we retain the formation. I'd probably take in McGinn for Stewart and leave the rest the same (maybe May for Rooney perhaps). If we're ditching McLean, then do it after Wednesday as we haven't got an adequate replacement in the squad at present. Hopefully the chunt fae Nigeria will hae his work permit sorted in time, but I suspect that some hun at the Queen's customs has been given the masonic signal to hud it up until Thursday.

Aye, it'll be on the Red TV I expect, but I don't think it's televised.

I'd probably take in McGinn for Stewart and leave the rest the same (maybe May for Rooney perhaps).

Tricky one that, I'm really warming to Stewart. I'd ditch AoC from that holding midfield role in front of the defence and play a more attacking line up, but who to drop from McGinn, Stewart, Christie, Shinnie, McLean, GMS

Tricky one that, I'm really warming to Stewart. I'd ditch AoC from that holding midfield role in front of the defence and play a more attacking line up, but who to drop from McGinn, Stewart, Christie, Shinnie, McLean, GMS

AoC played centre half on Saturday, with McLean, Shinnie and Christie in midfield as ayrshire mentions. Do you mean AoC's role in the last hun game? If so, totally agree, we need to drop that shite right now.

Stewart, aye, I like him too. I think him and Niall are similar but I've decided that McGinn hates the huns more. Yer right though, either would be fine and I'm not sure McGinn will yet be 100% fit.

McKenna and Kari if fit replacing Reynolds and O'Connor would be only changes I would make as suspect this game is coming just to early for McGinn to start. Hopefully we have learned from the two games at the start of December and go after them from the off on Wednesday. Need to win and get a comfortable gap between us and the rest.

Oot

Work

Flat

Flat

1-1 McLean

We cannot have AOC and Reynolds anywhere near the starting line up for this one. Revert to the two proven centre halves and have a more attacking formation (not that DM does that very often). It can only be an improvement on that shite we saw late last year.

Out

Bed

Work (might try sneak the red TV commentary on)

Work

1-1, Shinnnie

Absolutely agree AOC and Reynolds should be nowhere near this game tomorrow, preferably not even on the bench.

Going forward AOC should be no more than a squad player filling in for injuries/suspensions but absolutely not against either of the Old Firm.

Reynolds' role going forward should be selling pies in the RDS concourse.....

This game'll be the first marker for DM imo. Those two games against the hunnery early December are hopefully write off's due to the speculation.  We need to play with the vigor and tenacity we did last season and we'll be fine.  As others have said, we are good attack wise, albeit, need to take any chances we create.

Surprising article (excuse the source):

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derek-mcinnes-wont-fazed-rangers-11897154

Ok this cud be near impissible but i remember the last v huns game i went to was at ibrox and we were below the main stand under the indoor glassed area.

It started kickin off and the huns were throwin things at us if i remember and making gestures behind the glass.

Sometime in mid 90s upwards....i think we won but im fucked if i remember.

Terrible memory.

I remember thinkin we were at the mercy of the scum but the dandies went beserk

Ok this cud be near impissible but i remember the last v huns game i went to was at ibrox and we were below the main stand under the indoor glassed area.

It started kickin off and the huns were throwin things at us if i remember and making gestures behind the glass.

Sometime in mid 90s upwards....i think we won but im fucked if i remember.

Terrible memory.

I remember thinkin we were at the mercy of the scum but the dandies went beserk

Couldn't have been mid 90s if we won, last won there in 91 before winning there in May last year.  Don't think we were in any part of the main stand after the late 80s, not that I can remember anyway.

Have to start Shinnie in the middle here, despite Consi having a mare last time out - partly due to being hung out to dry by the gaffer - and it's in all our interests that Shinnie doesn't get an early booking and is hamstrung for the rest of the game.

I also hope Del doesn't overthink it. We have good players, set them out how we normally set them out and we're more than capable of beating these cunts. Not the game to try and shoehorn both Rooney and May in, or to play 3 at the back etc.

I also hope Del doesn't overthink it. We have good players, set them out how we normally set them out and we're more than capable of beating these cunts. Not the game to try and shoehorn both Rooney and May in, or to play 3 at the back etc.

But, if going by previous experience, it is exactly what he will do.  I am going there with absolutely no expectation of a result for the exact reasons you outline.

Fingers crossed he's finally learned his lesson.

I was speaking to a pal of mine last night who's a follower of the tribute act.  He's a good guy actually despite his hunnish flaw.  After the usual bluster from both sides we both agreed that this is a really interesting game given all the context let alone the actual teams themeselves.  We look back in business going forward but the defence is shaky and their side is a big unknown.  Depressingly they have done some canny business this window and I think Jimmy Nicholl will prove a very astute appointment also.  In short it is not outwith the realms of possibility this could be as poor a night for us as it could be good because sadly the tribute act are looking not so bad roster wise now. 

Fuck knows how DM is going to approach this given the lack of knowledge of the hun team but having McKenna back is a biggie. You would have to hope Arnason too as it's the best pairing so far, It's a little immobile but as solid as we have got.  Shinnie and Maclean are key tonight and if they play as they have been we have a hell of a chance to win comfortably.  I would love Maclean to get a goal,  he's gone about his transfer the right way and he would leave with hero status if he knocked in the winner at Mordor. 

This is how I saw tonight: -

9qyah3.png

EVERY great team has a triangle rock at the back. That's what SAF believed anyway i.e. Leighton Miller McLeish, Schmeichel Bruce Pallister. I wanted Lewis Kari and McKenna in there.

The spot right of the triangle is Shay. The triangle ahead of him are Stewart, Christie and McGinn.

The triangle on the left was Shinnie as an attacking LB with GMS and McLean, the three of them interchanging and covering each other (same as right triangle), Rooney being the spot up top.

Edot: Sometimes pics are better than words to describe stuff like this. That's how I saw our set-up tonight anyway, the triangle on the right being more fluid than the one of the left, Shinnie being the back of it but McGinn, GS and Ryan working together to run riot and fluid as hell.