Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Tims vs Dons

Allocation for this is now sold out, i know a few DT'ers are going, potential to be an awesome one  :thumbsup:

As I said on the other thread, hopefully they get their frustrations with losing out on Partick midweek. Wouldn't want to play them after they've been pumped.  I just wish we'd been the ones to give the pumping!

Would love to see us play with the same ambition, desire and intensity as we did against hibs. We've actually nothing to lose as our record against them is pathetic.  Do we start with the same line up as the weekend? I'd be tempted to shunt AOC out for Arnason, assuming he'll be back post birth.  AOC always has a shitter against them and far too slow.

Out

Sleeping

Sleeping

Probably still sleeping

2-0 them

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is pretty much nothing to suggest we’ll do well in this game. DMs tactics against Celtic are awful, too defensive and generally shite, sit back and let them play, only to get a beating. The only time I’ve been impressed with a Celtic game in recent memory was the cup final. Our efforts over the last couple of years have been awful, why would it be any different? It kills me seeing our tactics against the old firm, Rangers are wank and a number of teams have exposed that, plus Celtic have dropped points in 6 games so far this season, they aren’t that great. If we had a go we are capable.

I’ll go for 3-1 them, McLean with the goal.

Celtic have really only played well for 90 minutes twice this season. Anderlecht away and against us in October. 3rd game will be Saturday. They know we are the only real threat (and a minuscule one at that) to them winning the league and will look to put us back in our place. To have any chance we need to go after them from the off and give them no peace when they are on the ball very much what we did on Saturday. As LA Don said not sure that will happen though.

In - if my tickets turn up. Anybody else got there's yet?

Train then pubs in the weeg.

Away end

Mores pubs in weeg then train to the capital.

Heart - 2-3 May McLean and Shinnie

Head 3-0 no dons scorer.

Thistles not the worst team the Tims could be facing in our case.Capable of a shock result on their day.Anything that puts doubt in Timmys mind....

Our best results against the bigger teams have been when weve taken the game to them(Eh Derek?) - Hearts,Huns away last season,Tims SC Cup final.Hoping Saturday was a sign the front guys are getting their act  together.

Timmy 2 AFC 5  May x3,Flipper x2

I actually hope the Tims beat Thistle. Purely on the grounds that it is highly unlikely with a squad as large as they have that they would lose 3 games on the bounce to Scottish opposition.

The Fartz result was a freak tbh. The end of their run had to come and when they lost the second goal they were forced to chase the game which suited the Jambo's to a T.

I still think it is highly unlikely we will take anything from the game........defeatist attitude perhaps  but Ive seen us play well in the lead up to previous dhims games in the past then freeze on the day. I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong though.

I think it’s better for us that the Patrick game is Celtic’s bounce back game. However, our game is all about our manager, our tactics, and our preparation. The players need to believe they can win and need the tactics to win. We know what to do, plenty of teams have shown Celtic’s weakness, especially hearts and anderlect recently. The cup final performance showed were capable, and we’re a better team than most, if not all teams who have taken points off Celtic this season in the league.

"I think we've always said that if we're going to rein in Celtic, we need four or five other clubs that are part of that, keeping the pressure on them right through to the end of the season."

Don’t disagree with what Milne has said here at all, however it’s been us that has been failing the rest. Our form against them has been abysmal to say the least. I truly hope that they’ve had the team watching dvds of how they’ve dropped points this season and using it as a blue print to beat them. If I ask for anything, it’s for positive McInnes to remain. Last weekends intensity is what is required.

Don’t disagree with what Milne has said here at all, however it’s been us that has been failing the rest. Our form against them has been abysmal to say the least. I truly hope that they’ve had the team watching dvds of how they’ve dropped points this season and using it as a blue print to beat them. If I ask for anything, it’s for positive McInnes to remain. Last weekends intensity is what is required.

Us that's letting the rest down? Bit harsh. They've beaten everyone this season at least once, with the exception of Hibs, so we've done no better or wose than 10 other teams so it's maybe a bit over critical to suggest we're letting the rest of the league down. Unless you mean by not winning more games and therefore not being top of the league?

The quote from Milne is pretty accurate, when one team is winning almost all of their games it's almost impossible for anyone to keep up with them unless they've got a similar squad/financial advantage over everyone else, a-la the old Huns. It needs four or five teams to be capable ofgetting results from them regularly, and actually doing it, before any of the other teams can expect to keep up over the course of the season. I hope that's what he means when he says we need a strong *Rangers, although I wouldn't bet on it.

Ach partick will do them 3-1 then we will exact our revenge for THAT game.

9-0 Dons.

The theme music from the 6th sense at 6-0

The magnificent 7 of course at 7-0

Figure of 8 by wings at 8-0

Then lastly

99 red balloons by Nena as 99 balloons are indeed set off in the stadium with the number 9 on each balloon.

:greengrin:

Your prediction against the dhims last time was spot on.... here's hoping you've got it right again!  :spaz:

I don't know if any of you listened to Levein's interview after the last game when he was asked if they'd done anything special in their preparation for that game, he replied that they had analysed the dhims home game against Anderlecht and came to the conclusion that they would approach their game with the same level of intensity.

We're all saying it... the dhims don't like it when you run at them, their defence is pretty poor really, they just need to be forced into the mistakes.

That last home game against them still rankles. Didn't even threaten them in their own half then let them pick their passes once they got to the half way line.

If DM approaches this weekends game in anything other than all out attack mode he'd better be prepared for some serious flak!

Your prediction against the dhims last time was spot on.... here's hoping you've got it right again!  :spaz:

I don't know if any of you listened to Levein's interview after the last game when he was asked if they'd done anything special in their preparation for that game, he replied that they had analysed the dhims home game against Anderlecht and came to the conclusion that they would approach their game with the same level of intensity.

We're all saying it... the dhims don't like it when you run at them, their defence is pretty poor really, they just need to be forced into the mistakes.

That last home game against them still rankles. Didn't even threaten them in their own half then let them pick their passes once they got to the half way line.

If DM approaches this weekends game in anything other than all out attack mode he'd better be prepared for some serious flak!

This has been the case for the last 2-3 years. Pressure them high up the park, limit time and space, and they’re vulnerable. It’s no secret and Levein is no genius. Celtic have dropped points in 6 of 18 premier games, they are there for taking advantage of.

However, DM pretty much always within the last 2-3 years, with the exception of the Scottish cup final, goes with the opposite approach and it fails every time. We give them time and space and try to absorb pressure. Again, no genius, it doesn’t work.

However, we did exactly the opposite for the hibs game and it worked a treat. We allowed them possession in their own half and then picked them off. We maintained our shape and didn't get dragged toward the ball. The problem we have with pressuring the ball high up the park is Rooney. If we're playing that game - and I think we should - then Rooney has no place on the park. His effort is unquestionable, but he clearly is nowhere near quick enough for that game. If we had Christie we might get away with it as he'd do the running for two and cover the gaps, but we don't. I'd play the same team as the weekend but with Stewart in for Rooney. Not a slight on Rooney, just he's not suited to this fixture.

However, we did exactly the opposite for the hibs game and it worked a treat. We allowed them possession in their own half and then picked them off. We maintained our shape and didn't get dragged toward the ball. The problem we have with pressuring the ball high up the park is Rooney. If we're playing that game - and I think we should - then Rooney has no place on the park. His effort is unquestionable, but he clearly is nowhere near quick enough for that game. If we had Christie we might get away with it as he'd do the running for two and cover the gaps, but we don't. I'd play the same team as the weekend but with Stewart in for Rooney. Not a slight on Rooney, just he's not suited to this fixture.

I don't agree regarding Rooney but you do have a point about personnel. In my eyes, the way to press high is to get the two wide guys to push up and press the full backs forcing the ball centrally - GMS and Wright have the pace to do that, as does Stevie May. The midfield is tight marking and closing space, McLean and Shinnie can, but O'Connor is limited. Our defense has to push up too and not sit too deep, and then Considine could get exposed for his lack of pace.

If you are asking Rooney to press the entire back 4 he doesn't have the pace for that but who does? He's capable of playing this system if his job is to be responsible for the two central defenders. I'd say we're vulnerable if Considine plays, but if you move Shinnie to left back to compensate then we're definitely weak in central mid, especially with Christie unavailable and Tansey injured.

Based on this, I'd go with -

Lewis

Logan-Arnie-McKenna-Considine

McLean-Shinnie

Wright-May-GMS

Rooney

Considine is clearly the weak link but you have Shinnie and GMS to help. I think this is a game we must have Shinnie in midfield. Never seen May in that role but his pace, effort and aggression would help there.

Us that's letting the rest down? Bit harsh. They've beaten everyone this season at least once, with the exception of Hibs, so we've done no better or wose than 10 other teams so it's maybe a bit over critical to suggest we're letting the rest of the league down. Unless you mean by not winning more games and therefore not being top of the league?

The quote from Milne is pretty accurate, when one team is winning almost all of their games it's almost impossible for anyone to keep up with them unless they've got a similar squad/financial advantage over everyone else, a-la the old Huns. It needs four or five teams to be capable ofgetting results from them regularly, and actually doing it, before any of the other teams can expect to keep up over the course of the season. I hope that's what he means when he says we need a strong *Rangers, although I wouldn't bet on it.

It was meant from the perspective that others manage results or a performance  against them and we do not. Our form (cup final aside) against them has been absolutely pathetic. We’ve generally done the business against the rest which what has been the most frustrating thing about it all. Don’t get me  wrong, I’m not expecting us to win the league, far from it, but just want a consistent positive performance from us against them. One where we try.

I don't agree regarding Rooney but you do have a point about personnel. In my eyes, the way to press high is to get the two wide guys to push up and press the full backs forcing the ball centrally - GMS and Wright have the pace to do that, as does Stevie May. The midfield is tight marking and closing space, McLean and Shinnie can, but O'Connor is limited. Our defense has to push up too and not sit too deep, and then Considine could get exposed for his lack of pace.

If you are asking Rooney to press the entire back 4 he doesn't have the pace for that but who does? He's capable of playing this system if his job is to be responsible for the two central defenders. I'd say we're vulnerable if Considine plays, but if you move Shinnie to left back to compensate then we're definitely weak in central mid, especially with Christie unavailable and Tansey injured.

Based on this, I'd go with -

Lewis

Logan-Arnie-McKenna-Considine

McLean-Shinnie

Wright-May-GMS

Rooney

Considine is clearly the weak link but you have Shinnie and GMS to help. I think this is a game we must have Shinnie in midfield. Never seen May in that role but his pace, effort and aggression would help there.

Considine was excellent last season, and again against Hibs. It's no coincidence that when we play to his strengths, it works. His attributes as a left back are obvious. He gets very close to a more slight player and bullies them with his strength and in the air. Leave a gap there by playing a back five or him at the left of a three and we're screwed. Pretty simple really, not sure why McInnes doesn't see it. He dominated Boyle(?) at the weekend and his pace didn't come into the equation as he was never given the space to run at him, ably assisted by a winger for the first time.

That's why the 4-2-3-1 is important, as is another good performance from GMS. In response to yer question, May has the pace to press the back 4, and the willingness. He was poor on the ball at the weekend a lot of the time, but the number of times he pressed the back four and - more usefully - stole the ball off the holding midfielder never giving them a minute's peace was excellent. I don't think he does that from behind the striker as well, as they see him coming and he struggles to understand positioning (when to press, when to stay) in that role behind Rooney. So I'd go the same as you, but switch Stewart for Rooney and push May on one.

I think McInnes will pick your team with Stewart in for Wright though. I just think we need to maximise the pace at the top end and I don't think that Rooney offers that. Too often a midfielder will press, but Rooney is not there to cut off the easy pass to the other centre back because he's been stretched wide previously and not had the pace to get back. I'd be concerned about Wright, as he's been inconsistent, but I think throwing him in at the deep end might do him some good.

I still like Jack Ross.

He has great skill and would harass that defence.

I'd also rather see Maynard on than Rooney.

I still dont think he's as pish as everyone thinks.

Gonna be tough without Christie.

I think Stewart will have to play a blinder.

Thought you agreed the other day he was pish? He isn’t fit to lace Rooney’s boots

Haha oops

Typing on my phone is bad news.

Don't know where the Jack came from.predictive text for young I think.

And Manc I know but I still think he has pace and skill.

I'm not giving up on Maynard yet ( being his only supporter)

He comes on for 10 minutes and nearly does something (which I agree isn't helping)

Rooney can be on for 80 and do less a lot of times and gets absolutely no stick because he has scored so many goals for us...2 years ago.

I'm using the old cliche...'he just needs a goal'

;)

And Manc I know but I still think he has pace and skill.

I'm not giving up on Maynard yet ( being his only supporter)

He comes on for 10 minutes and nearly does something (which I agree isn't helping)

Rooney can be on for 80 and do less a lot of times and gets absolutely no stick because he has scored so many goals for us...2 years ago.

I'm using the old cliche...'he just needs a goal'

;)

Did you see Maynard against Hibs? He took Josh Parker to whole new levels. Fucking awful player that I think may have just played himself out of even the token last ten sub appearance.

I don't know.

He's scored some important important goals for west ham and I see him getting into some good positions.

I do think he's a little lazy maybe but I still feel he has something to offer.

He BADLY needs a goal!

His confidence must be shot and he's had a few injuries in his career.

Get a goal Nicky...prove me right ffs.

Haha.