Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Soup

MálagaSheep

Hola Amigos

Cana beat a bowl o hamemade soup, so ive been experimenting a bit with the soup pan lately

sypdms.jpg

Chorizo, Tomato and roasted peppers with croutons and zest orange

2uoqpa1.jpg

Tom Kha Gai

1zybgh2.jpg

French onion

f1wmkp.jpg

Thai sweet potato, chicken and basil

344a91y.jpg

Sweet potato, carrot, coriander and orange

Just a little winter warmer for you lads in the Sna

They look pretty phenomenal. I'm a bit lazy with my soups, leaving them a bit lacklustre at times.

Div you use actual stock? I find this makes a big difference, but I don't eat a lot of meat, so I never have bones often enough. I struggle to make a really good veg stock too.

They look pretty phenomenal. I'm a bit lazy with my soups, leaving them a bit lacklustre at times.

Div you use actual stock? I find this makes a big difference, but I don't eat a lot of meat, so I never have bones often enough. I struggle to make a really good veg stock too.

I sometimes make ma own stock, depending on what we had the night before. Most o the times i buy cartons o stock from the local supermarket, easy and no hassle and tastes as good

Hola min,they look superb.Am always making soup,but they dinna look nothing like that, Usually just random veg chucked in with a bit of stock,crusty bit o bread and cheese.

Doing a starter for a Xmas gathering.Will look into one of your recipes...

Cullen skink, always a winner  ;)

• 1 year later...

I woke up this morning and there was a very strong, almost overwhelming smell of soup.

It wasn't an offensive odour, it was quite fine actually but given that there is a fair distance between the kitchen and our bedroom and no cooking facilities (that I'm aware of) either in or adjacent to where we sleep, I couldn't understand where it might be coming from. I checked with a touch test and the wife was sleeping so it must've been a daughter up unfeasibly early and unlikelyly cooking.

The smell of the soup was changing, sometimes stronger, sometimes with strong spices, sometimes more traditional broth, sometimes classic lentil and ham and I had to double check that I was actually awake and not dreaming this weirdness. After 118.6 units of alcohol (my drink tracker App informs me) in 7 days before my first alcohol-free day yesterday since the 21st, I now conclude that the side effect of this sudden abstinence is that my nostrils decided to trip out. They've settled now and the smell of soup has gone but what a bizarre and interesting start to the day. Think I'll get blootered in the pub this afternoon to get things back to normal.

• 2 weeks later...

Since this thread is up,made a soup starter for Xmas day  -  Butternut squash,sweet potato and ginger soup

2 x medium Butternut squash,skinned and chopped

2 x large sweet potato,peeled and chopped

3 x red onion,peeled and chopped

1 peeled stem of ginger

teaspoon of Turmeric

teaspoon of Cumin

2 cubes of  chicken stock in about a pint of hot water

coconut milk

Heat/fry the onions in the soup pan with butter til soft.Add the veg and chicken stock.Heat for around 30 mins til soft.Add Turmeric and Cumin,and blend.Taste,and add coconut milk and/or water according to how sweet you want it and for thickness of soup

This was supposed to do 6 on Xmas day,but also did 11 on boxing day  :thumbsup:

Since this thread is up,made a soup starter for Xmas day  -  Butternut squash,sweet potato and ginger soup

2 x medium Butternut squash,skinned and chopped

2 x large sweet potato,peeled and chopped

3 x red onion,peeled and chopped

1 peeled stem of ginger

teaspoon of Turmeric

teaspoon of Cumin

2 cubes of  chicken stock in about a pint of hot water

coconut milk

Heat/fry the onions in the soup pan with butter til soft.Add the veg and chicken stock.Heat for around 30 mins til soft.Add Turmeric and Cumin,and blend.Taste,and add coconut milk and/or water according to how sweet you want it and for thickness of soup

This was supposed to do 6 on Xmas day,but also did 11 on boxing day  :thumbsup:

How big a pot did you need to make soup for that many folk?!