Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

The January window

Well, now that the management situation has settled, hoping to see some action when the window opens.

GK - solid

Defense - would love to see us get a left back. No idea who...

Midfield - major issues - I’m pretty sure we’re stuck with Tansey and O’Connor but we need a holding mid to partner Shinnie. We also need pace and width, wouldn’t be surprised or disappointed to see McGinn back, and he can play #10 too. Would like to see us swap McLean for O’Hollaran but pretty certain that won’t happen now. With Christie, Stewart, and Ross capable of playing attacking mid McLean can go sooner rather than later.

Forward - so far May hasn’t been great but I put that on the team and the lack of service plus tactics that don’t suit him. Would like to see us offer Rooney and cash for Moult. Crazy talk but a front two of May and Moult would be tasty.

Realistically, a left back and a holding mid must be acquired in January. Unrealistically, add Moult and O’Hollaran and those four would suit me nicely. With Stewart and Christie gone in the summer picking up McGinn too works for me!

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we need a right back to give Logan some competition. He has been woeful this season and it might just give him the kick up the arse he needs. We need to get a couple of wingers in, out play is horrifically marrow and when it doesn’t work out for christie, it rarely works out for us. We do also need a left back

I'd say the squad needs major surgery, but don't think it will be in January.

Another centre back with good experience for me IF Arnason and McInnes have fallen out, or whatever is happening, we need somebody reliable and composed in beside McKenna. How we gave Reynolds a new deal is beyond me, but anyway.

If we see Shinnie as a midfielder we need a new LB, we know it makes sense, only Del seems to think differently. (Is it OK to have a pop a DM for footballing matters now, or too soon?)

Midfield is a big priority, doubts over Tansey, but I do believe his fitness was the big problem, I remember a certain Mr Hayes being pish for us in his first season, albeit played out of position and heard many a fan have a go at him at Pittodrie and claiming he wasn't good enough, not saying Tansey would ever be as good as Hayes was, but don't think we saw the real him so far.

Not convinced we are getting 100% from McLean and would look to get rid in January.

A proper wide player with some pace would be great too as well as another quality striker and punt Maynard, not really worked out for the guy and probably best he leaves.

We also need to start giving proper runs to our young players and not fuck about with them like we currently do. Aye they may have bad games, but plenty of our first picks have had many a mare.

I don't think we have enough about us at the moment to get us that second position if I am being honest and it will be an interesting window and I don't think we can afford not to try and recruit during this upcoming window.

Right back is the priority for me. Followed closely by a right winger and physically intimidating centre forward.

Possibly Cammy Kerr from Dundee for right back, Cadden from 'Well for right wing and ( holding a gun to Cormack's head to personally fund however much it takes) Moult for cf.....

If McGinn is available we need to get him in. Not a chance we get Moult. That boat has sailed. He will get an offer from England on precontract that will far out strip anything we can pay. Would ship Ball and Maynard out if better quality replacements can be found.

January is not the time for rebuilding squad however it is when the ground work for the summer should be done.

I would ship Ball and Maynard even if we didn't get in any replacements at all.

Doesn't look like the Hun do parting with cash so we may well be stuck with McLean for the rest of the season.

Heard him skirling like a girlie last night when he was tackled.

Fuckin embarrassment of a player.

Right back is the priority for me. Followed closely by a right winger and physically intimidating centre forward.

Possibly Cammy Kerr from Dundee for right back, Cadden from 'Well for right wing and ( holding a gun to Cormack's head to personally fund however much it takes) Moult for cf.....

A priority for you but no way a priority when you look at the team surely. Logan is off form but excellent on his day. Can’t say that about Considine, McLean, O’Connor, Tansey to date, and GMS, Stewart, and May have yet to play a great game. Surely other positions take priority before we sign another right back??

I definitely agree in regard to a central defender as mentioned, someone to pair with McKenna. Something up with Arnie plus he’s 35 anyway. While I’d prefer experience the boy Jack Hendry sees to be rated??

I would ship Ball and Maynard even if we didn't get in any replacements at all.

Doesn't look like the Hun do parting with cash so we may well be stuck with McLean for the rest of the season.

Heard him skirling like a girlie last night when he was tackled.

Fuckin embarrassment of a player.

This is one thing that drives me nuts about DM. No way Ball or Maynard should see the field, their spots should be given to youth. Punt them and sign a needed player! Don’t know what the fuck happened to Craig Storie but since he’s still at the club it suggests we see something in him so play him before Ball. Maynard is gash, he’s done nothing, no clue how people defend him. We’ve got Frank and Seb Ross, as well as Scott Wright who can definitely play as badly as him, if not better!

Difficult to punt an on loan player if the parent club doesnt want them back unless there is a specific clause in the loan agreement allowing for early termination. So could be stuck with Ball.

Maynard might be amenable to leaving if he can fix himself up with a club down south and we need to have a replacement insitu before he leaves....

As regards Logan....he has been honking all season. He is too comfortable as he knows there is no real back up....AOC at a push but its not a risk I'd take voluntarily. All his commuting down south I think has taken its toll. Some proper competition for his place may help him improve performance to previous levels....or indeed we may find the replacement is actually better anyway!

We need to see at least an experienced, strong centre midfielder come in, but how many of them are available at our level/budget?

January's always a tough time for getting players in; would rather get one good solid player in than faff about with shite like Maynard, Ball, Tate, Collin, Parker, Driver etc.

I see mcginn was a guest of hibs at their game on the weekend. Wonder what the chances are, hopefully Rooney is getting on the texts!

To say what. Sign for The HIVS as I'll be going there as well in January, punted to make room for the arrival of Moult ;)

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Priority for me has got to be a wide man or even two. The team is just not creating enough chances and needs better quality into the box. Would also hopefully help to give the full backs some protection if we had players who actually stayed wide rather than coming inside each time.

Haha I very much doubt Rooney will be moved on. I see according to the beeb Preston are going to sign moult. Oh well. Typical.

It was blatantly obvious that he'd not be available in January. Too many clubs can afford the 600-700K that will be required to sign him. It was a one time only option to sign him really.

It was blatantly obvious that he'd not be available in January. Too many clubs can afford the 600-700K that will be required to sign him. It was a one time only option to sign him really.

No disagreements from me on that one. Sadly.

Wonder if we’ll open or have opened talks with Kari about an extension to his deal? Clear as day him playing alongside McKenna has helped develop him.

Would have been a great signing, can’t help but wonder if it was a case of him or may though. We only made our interest known in moult when the deal for may collapsed, didn’t we then cool our interest as may looked to become available?

It could be a case of mcinnes getting his preferred target of the two?

The word down here in deepest south Lanarkshire is that Moult's wife wants to move back nearer home, hence the Preston move is seen as ideal.

However I hope we don't just give up on it. DM staying surely has strengthened his position with the board. To land Moult would probably mean us paying record wages but if we got him on a 4 year contract I think we could easily get 1.5 -2 million for him after 2 or 3 years.

Well the last few days were a bit disappointing (in terms of Moult).  He was confirmed as joining Preston on Friday, which I find all a bit amusing given the links we had to him in the summer and ending up with buying May from them.  Disappointing, I think we all know what could have been but hopefully the management have their transfer targets in sight.

Our chance of Moult went when we were knocked back from Motherwell in the summer. I'm not even sure if Moult wanted to come here.

Not sure how this window will go. Before all this shite with the huns coming in for Deek, I would have said we would be lucky to get one player in on loan. But, I would like to think that he might have been promised some mula with him staying. Fingers crossed.

I heard Wiggy on Northsound today saying something along the lines of he's going to be backing DM in the transfer market during the window. Obviously there was no details given but was wondering where he'd be aiming to strengthen? Thoughts?

Also, notice the dhims are to offer 300k for some lad called Morgan at St Mirren. I don't know anything about him but wondering if he's a midfielder? I wouldn't imagine that would fill Christie with optimism if he was?! Still don't think Christie would sign full time with us anyway.