Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Online dating

Madbadteacher

Last resort of the desperate? Maybe?

Well it's been over 4 years since Mrs MBT#3 died and I'm fed up being a lonely auld sod so I signed up.

No, I ken i'm nae the bonniest loon ever, but do some of these women ever stop to think what there pictures actually look like?  :doh:

I want to see a picture of your face at least, nae yer dug/cat/floo'ers/some fb-pish-type homily

And dinna get me started on the wimmin that seem to need to have "frames" or photos that have them with cartoon flowery headbands/dog faces/ wings.......... :cardred: :cardred: These are supposedly mature women in their 40s to 50s get to fuck with that shite :twisted:

So, apart from the rant above, any suggestions from anyone who's been successful in this type of endeavor?

They’re women in their 40’s/50’s on an online dating site, they’re probably feeling extremely self-conscious about showing their faces. Especially if they’re widowers/divorcees who haven’t dated for 20-odd years and are worried about the outdated perception that online dating is for desperate losers.

Just put up some pictures of some ripped 20 something lad then when you meet up and they say “your not the person in your pictures” reply “Aye well, far abouts is the dog? I only came to play with the dog”

Talk about ice breaker...

Alternatively swipe left or right, whichever direction means you think that they’re a pig, on the profiles that offend you.

My wife's brother met his now wife through an online dating agency. He's only 7 or 8 years younger than me but apparently the stigma attached to using them has disappeared during that age gap as he assures me it's perfectly normal these days.

Then again he would say that since he couldn't get a bird any other way  :rofl:

In all seriousness, so much of our lives are lived online these days that it's understandable that "romance" has gone that way too. It probably does make it easier for people to be a bit economic with certain truths but as a way of making intros it surely can't do too much harm.

It has it's place, it always has.

Of course a wee bit of chatting up online is inevitable but it's a sad day indeed when the young are convinced it's better than actually going out looking for a trap.

I mean, the lies that will be being told.......................

Aye, cos the truths you got back in the day at 2am in Ritzys brought matches made in heaven  :laughing:

(only went to Ritzys once, thought it was pish)

They’re women in their 40’s/50’s on an online dating site, they’re probably feeling extremely self-conscious about showing their faces. Especially if they’re widowers/divorcees who haven’t dated for 20-odd years and are worried about the outdated perception that online dating is for desperate losers.

I can kind of appreciate this point of view, except why be online dating if you don't want your prospective date to have a clue what you look like?

You're in the states aren't you MBT?

Fuck, the photos should be cheesy as fuck.

Loads of feather boa's

It's nae just that, it's the "cartoonified" pics that get me. You're 50ish, FFS GROW-FUCKING-UP!

I'm dying to see what a cartoonified picture is.

It was the Palace in my day Garlogie  min.

Only went about half a dozen times when I was 16 and had just started work.

It's just not my scene man.

A' right if you wanted a fight mind, the Hayloft before it was mental.

Aye, was never a disco mannie masel either. Affa places  :frown::gonk:

It's like a "selfie" but with added carton dog ears and nose, or floo'ers, or cat's lugs. Usually something I associate with my teenage stepdaughter.

In my day it was Gabriel's (IIRC) or more often the Students Union or Hillhead Sunday night "discos"  :rofl:

The discerning gentleman was to be found in the Belmont from Sat lunchtime onwards.

Ritzy was indeed shite,but it didnt stop us traipsing there afterwards to listen to Robin Galloway and his cravate.... ::)

Canna help with the online dating thing,never tried it,and wouldnt be in a hurry to if was in the market..

Good luck to you! Online dating is very common in the USA, did it for the best part of 6 years! Got divorced at 33 after a 10 year relationship and couldn’t be arsed picking up chicks in bars, didn’t have the time and had been in bars since 15. Met my current fiancée online, all going well and she’s the mother of my 18 month old son.

I’m a shallow fuck so online worked for me. Plus i lived in Orlando then LA so had good choices. I hit on every what I’d consider stunner with big cans and it worked for me.  I know what I like and went for it. My advice is hit on all the hot chicks that you find remotely interesting, have stuff in a profile that suggests common interests, and go on as many dates as possible. You’ll have some shit dates, did a runner a couple of times when saying I was going to the bathroom, met 50year olds who claimed they were 30, but also bedded a few gorgeous women. Given I was single in LA got some pretty amazing online dating stories and memories. I made the most of it despite the stigma and had a lot of fun doing it. It is what it is but go in open minded and make it fun. I don’t know how old you are but make this as enjoyable and exciting as possible, be brave, and take risks.

Been with the fiancée for almost 4 years and it all started with a swipe and email. Enjoy yourself!