Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Stone Roses Debate

SeeBass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can't decide which of these two songs is thee greatest bit of music that will ever be recorded.  Their Live performance of second choice at Blackpool in 1989 still said only display anybody should need view.

One does think Fool's Gold will always be my favourite but do believe I Am The Resurrection by far the better composition.

Don't know how we got Ian, John, Mani and Reni into our book acknowledgement either!!!!

Ok just my opinion.

The first stone roses album was excellent (as is I am the resurrection and fools gold).

It was great timing , mixing funky guitar riffs with rock and a cool 60s electronics experimental vibe.

The tunes were really catchy and the youth embraced it in the club scene.

However, after that, I believe they were over rated average musicians.

It's extremely trendy for some reason to love the stone roses when really they were a one album pony IMO.

Many of those 90s bands could be similarly described. Churning out some great tunes.

The SRs deserve their accolades but really for just THAT album.

there's far better musicians around who have done way more for the world of music but they're not as cool I guess.

Each to our own.carry n.

:surprised:

• 2 years later...