Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Without thinking too hard what Aberdeen memory first springs to mind??

If somebody was to ask you this question right now what would you say??

I'd have to say Barry Nicholson drawing one level deep into stoppage time at Tynecastle to basically see us qualified for Europe during season 2006-07.  I attended this match and I've not felt a celebration so crazy that afternoon in ages.  Craig Brewster's ball across goal literally felt as if took an Iron Age to find Bazza!! Still today feels very much 'slow motion' like when watching it on TV!!     

getting taken to match for first time, we were in the stand can't remember who we were playing or any of the game. Just remember some guy running down the stairs at half time and then getting grabbed by the police, I never saw him do it but it turns out he threw a pie at one of the players    happy days

This...

getting taken to match for first time, we were in the stand can't remember who we were playing or any of the game. Just remember some guy running down the stairs at half time and then getting grabbed by the police, I never saw him do it but it turns out he threw a pie at one of the players    happy days

That wasn't from the Merkland and it hit Hugh Dallas at a corner (might have been against the huns) and he went down like it was a small building had fell on him?

Lee Richardson's goal against Torino was first thing that popped into my head on reading the question. No idea why.

That was my second thought. Was because I was sitting right behind it. That should be seabass's next thread: which goals were you perfectly positioned to see? Mine wid be Rico's v Torino, Zero's vs St Mirren and Maddison v the huns. Right in line with the top corner of the goals on all of them. Sort of.

Anyway, I have the amazing ability to think of many at the same time. First wid be thon diving cunt McCoist and his diving though. Second wid be the 6-2 game against Hertz. Also the one you mention and fourthly - for some weird reason - Shug Robertson's two identical screamers within a few wiks of one another (hertz and Falkirk maybe? Or Dundee?). 

Edit: I realise this post makes no sense. It's cool. I'm aware.

The sheer noise a few minutes after Hewitt’s winner against Bayern.

Obviously it was bedlam in the immediate aftermath......”Pittodrie goes berserk” as Jock Brown put it

But my abiding memory is the racket that built up over the next few minutes. Initially different sections were singing different songs , but gradually onee song built up louder and louder with the different sections joining in until the whole stadium was belting out “Here we go !” Here we go !”. Even the likes o my old man .

I’ve never heard anything like that before or since. The atmosphere literally , and I mean literally , crackled . Like a thunderclap or a sonic boom

The hairs on the back of my neck are standing up even now as I think about it

If somebody was to ask you this question right now what would you say??

I'd have to say Barry Nicholson drawing one level deep into stoppage time at Tynecastle to basically see us qualified for Europe during season 2006-07.  I attended this match and I've not felt a celebration so crazy that afternoon in ages.  Craig Brewster's ball across goal literally felt as if took an Iron Age to find Bazza!! Still today feels very much 'slow motion' like when watching it on TV!!   

Beating the deid club 6-1 in '61 (made up for my first ever game when we lost to the same oppo 5-0 the previous season)

Impossible question to answer as I immediately think too hard.

I've no memory of my "1st game" as I always went to Pittodrie.

My father took me to all the reserve games from the age of three ( or whatever) and I honestly don't remember when that changed to every week.

I must have been young though because I do remember all the whisky drams being lined up on the bar at the back of the main stand.

I've been lucky enough to witness most of the great times but sometimes it's the sheer cameradity of being a Dons fan that stands out.

I'm going to go for a defeat at Easter Road.

Getting dark, superb atmosphere.

The match when Snelders got sent off, I think they are still waiting for that ball to return to earth.

Irvine saved the penalty if I remember correctly.

Impossible question to answer as I immediately think too hard.

Doubt it.

;D

I've no memory of my "1st game" as I always went to Pittodrie.

Like me you didn't read the question correctly. He didn't ask about our first game. He asked about which memory first springs to mind. And "always went to Pittodrie" doesn't disqualify you from answering the question we thought we read ye neep. Sober up ye cunt  :wave:

Doubt it.

;D

Like me you didn't read the question correctly. He didn't ask about our first game. He asked about which memory first springs to mind. And "always went to Pittodrie" doesn't disqualify you from answering the question we thought we read ye neep. Sober up ye cunt  :wave:

Aye get a grip DD for fucks sake :laughing:

Snelders save from Rogan in 1990.  The noise from our support at that moment was louder than when Irvine got the winner. Will remember it forever.

Snelders didn’t save it. He never touched it. Rogan’s pen missed the target. I only know this cos we got a new Olympus camera the week before and I took the perfect picture from the hun end to illustrate the ball missing the target.