Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen vs Celtic

Is this too soon? Actually quite pumped for this one, lot of talk that Tims haven't been any great shakes this season, and whilst we are level on points with them, the same could be said of us. No question it's the best 2 teams in the country though.

To win this game and go 3 points ahead of them would be undeniably an outstanding achievement. And worst case scenario after the first round of fixtures is we would still be joint top should we lose the following week ( but one game at a time )

In terms of lineup, going to be a huge loss being unable to play Christie, but for me, I would just put McLean up there and put Tansey in where McLean would have been. Considine to remain out of the starting 11 too, we have been fairly solid and there is no real requirement to change it. GMS should be fairly confident given his performance against Hibs and maybe would like to show Tims what they are missing? Rooney & May can cause problems for their makeshift defence, I definitely believe we will score, just need to remain as solid at the back as we have been recently.

And I am getting this out of the way, if that cock loving prick Rogers plays Hayes, when he's had fuck all of a sniff, and he scores, I will genuinely be fucking gutted. I have no doubt he'll be in their squad due to their fixture schedule, but that would be too hard to swallow. You're a Dandy Jonny, and I have a feeling you'll be one again in the not to distant future  :o

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be amazed if Tansey gets anything other than a place on the bench, if indeed he is even fit for that. I expect Stewart will come in as a straight replacement for Christie. However I stated at the start of the season that I really do not rate Stewart at all. And to date he has been even worse than I expected. For this one game only I would be tempted to push Kari into midfield alongside AOC, putting Consi alongside McKenna and try to bombard them with our aerial advantage. Agricultural I admit but in the words of Corporal Jones.....they do not like it up 'em.

Hayes I have no problem with and I expect him to play at least some part of the game. However although I concur that his time at the dhims will probably be short ( I expect him to be punted out in the summer) I don't think we should be looking to take him back. At 30 I think we saw his best years and despite his enthusiasm his pace will soon be on the wane.

Hoping for a win but a draw would be a decent result.

I think it would be crazy to mess with the defence after how secure we've been there lately. Although, I wouldn't be surprised to see DM bring Consi back into left back and Shinzaa into midfield again, but to me that'd be ridiculous.

Not a big fan of Stewart but i'd bring him in to replace Christie, if he can't get motivated for this game then we might as well send him packing at Xmas. Failing that i'd bring in Ball alongside AO'C and really try and keep them out.

Think we have to move Shinnie back to midfield assuming Tansey isn't fit. We have to go to a 4-2-3-1 as Rooney drifting out wide isn't going to work against the Tim. I'd have May up front on his own as his movement is much better than Rooney's. Shinnie into midfield alongside O'Connor with McLean in front. That's quite a solid midfield. Shinnie at left back would be my preference, but Considine replacing Shinnie there is a lot less of an evil than either Ball or Stewart in midfield. O'Connor and Shinnie holding is solid, O'Connor and Ball is ridiculously slow and we'll get overrun. Stewart hasn't cut it and doesn't deserve to start.

I expect McInnes to do some weird back 5 shite though with Reynolds joining McKenna and Arneson.

One thing's for certain, McKenna has to be trusted for this one given his previous few games.

I stupidly agreed to go to Manchester this week totally forgetting about the midweek game against the victims.  :(  First home game missed in a few seasons now and what a game to be missing. The season tickets have been taken though and the spleen will be vented by proxy.

I just hope we don't show them to much respect and play a defensive game as they will murder us. Agree we should drop Rooney for this one and put May up front on his own, just because he offers more in the role, but I am more concerned Deek has his tombola out and tinkers with our team unnecessarly.

I think it will be a good game and I would love it (Keegan style) if we fucked up their winning streak.

Would have missed this one if it had been this w/e  8).

In or Oot -  In

Furryboots - Mainer

Pre/Post - Driving

Prediction - Not sure what formations for the best.Be a shame to change the defence,would hope we could jig things in midfield/attack instead.Will take a draw,looking for more. 2 - 2 (May x2).

Am i allowing a couple of positive midweek results against the dhims to make me think that 'we always do well against the mhinks at Pittodrie in midweek games'? I just canna see us losing this!

Nips & Tatties... fook sake min, i know it's Monday morning but i'm thinking you'd be best staying away from sharp objects just now.  ::)

Yes I am generally the upbeat positive man around here and was in the other dons forum.

You Aberdonians being so miserable have bled my positivity from me unfortunately (only on here thank fuck) :rofl:

Come back to the real world guys.

We have name chance and I accept it.

It's the other fuckers I would hope we can finish above come the end of the league year.

Stewart played the Christie role for the development team against Hearts last week so would think he is the one ear marked to replace him for this game. As someone has already said think it would be madness to change the current back 4 as we have looked solid the last few games. In fact would be tempted to make Stewart for Christie the only change. Fully expect the defenders of racists and kiddie fiddlers to be well up for this game as they know we are their main challengers and will be desperate to put us in our place. Have a horrible feeling Hayes will score winner for them.

In

Heading up the road and hopefully a pint in town

Y

Heading back to the capital

1-2 Tims with May scoring for Dons

Stewart played the Christie role for the development team against Hearts last week so would think he is the one ear marked to replace him for this game. As someone has already said think it would be madness to change the current back 4 as we have looked solid the last few games. In fact would be tempted to make Stewart for Christie the only change. Fully expect the defenders for racists and kiddie fiddlers to be well up for this game as they know we are their main challengers and will be desperate to put us in our place. Have a horrible feeling Hayes will score winner for them.

Nail on the head for me, really hope McInnes doesnt try to be clever and change anything else.

Regarding Hayes, can only hope if he does get game time that he's severely rusty  :-\

I'm with Jute and ED on this one.

Only one enforced change with Christie being unavailable.

Keep it simple Derek, no necessity to overly think matters here.

Go out and play the system that has served well in last few games,

Hope the team don't leave anything in the dressing room and have a good go at them as believe they are vulnerable and we have a chance to lay down a marker with a victory here. Saw a suggested bet elsewhere of 2-1 us and Logan to score at anytime. In true Keegan style I would just fucking love that :thumbsup:

Out

Work

BT

Bed

2-1 us (May & Logan)

Lets do these fuckers

COYR

At least someone has some optimism Al.  They aint all that at the moment, particularly at the back. Christie is a loss but it's all about our very settled looking defence tomorrow eve.  A clean sheet will bring 3 points as I'm very confident of scoring. 

Too much time on my hands it'd seem! I'd be very tempted to go with his, not too dissimilar to what we've been playing, only really Christie in the 10 role, but this makes us very compact, hard to break down, whilst still having enough of a threat to trouble them. ( No idea if the link will work, quite a useful wee tool if it has though ) 

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/59ee4cb38dd5dd25d4d25ad3

I'd be amazed if Tansey gets anything other than a place on the bench, if indeed he is even fit for that. I expect Stewart will come in as a straight replacement for Christie. However I stated at the start of the season that I really do not rate Stewart at all. And to date he has been even worse than I expected. For this one game only I would be tempted to push Kari into midfield alongside AOC, putting Consi alongside McKenna and try to bombard them with our aerial advantage. Agricultural I admit but in the words of Corporal Jones.....they do not like it up 'em.

Hayes I have no problem with and I expect him to play at least some part of the game. However although I concur that his time at the dhims will probably be short ( I expect him to be punted out in the summer) I don't think we should be looking to take him back. At 30 I think we saw his best years and despite his enthusiasm his pace will soon be on the wane.

Hoping for a win but a draw would be a decent result.

Surely get at least an hour from him? McInnes said on RedTV that it was good timing to get him his operation as he's had plenty recovery and is back in full training. I feel like him & McLean could make a strong central pairing, allowing Shinnie back into LB or LWB, he was great vs St.Johnstone, getting up & down the wing and linking up play.

Considine, as much as I love him and his constant improvement and determination to better himself, hasn't been missed if we are honest. He usually fairs pretty miserably against Celtic also, or any direct winger for that matter, not his fault as a natural Centre Half though. I think we'd be mad putting him back in.

Surely get at least an hour from him? McInnes said on RedTV that it was good timing to get him his operation as he's had plenty recovery and is back in full training. I feel like him & McLean could make a strong central pairing, allowing Shinnie back into LB or LWB, he was great vs St.Johnstone, getting up & down the wing and linking up play.

Considine, as much as I love him and his constant improvement and determination to better himself, hasn't been missed if we are honest. He usually fairs pretty miserably against Celtic also, or any direct winger for that matter, not his fault as a natural Centre Half though. I think we'd be mad putting him back in.

Shinnie had an absolute shocker last time he played left back against the tim. Got moved into midfield and Considine was brought on in his place and played well. Problems usually occur when we dick about too much and try play Considine left of a three or some such or fuck about with it during the game. If he can play fullback and get very close to the winger, they often struggle because he's reasonably physical. The problem occurs when we drag him away from the winger and let him get run at all day, so if he does play then he has to stay planted on the winger and bully him.

I'd definitely keep Shinnie at left back though if Tansey is able to play. I'm not convinced he'll make it, probably another sneaky comment by McInnes to keep the tims guessing.

I'm sticking to my guns and saying at best Tansey will get a 10-15 minute run out, but in all probability won't even make the bench.

Am also sticking to my prediction that Stewart (meh) will be a straight replacement for Christie. I don't think DM will go with my suggestion of putting Kari alongside AOC and bringing in Consi alongside McKenna. I really think he will put Ball (double meh) in there and bench Rooney.

God forbid Reynolds (meh x 10) gets brought in.....

These suggestions are giving me the fear about what McInnes might play.

Lewis

Logan Arnason McKenna Shinnie

O'Connor McLean

Stewart May Mackay-Steven

Rooney

I really fear he will do some nonsense with Ball playing and Rooney wide.