Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Paper Talk......Joe Lewis Spies

I see The Sun are saying Aston Villa are tracking Joe Lewis.  So would he go if a bid came in and was accepted??  I've got a funny feeling one might stay.  A bit like Sunderland being rejected by Deek I'm not sure aforementioned club are as big as they once were. 

If indeed there is any truth in this rumour, then I suspect if the water is rested in January window that money would talk and if Lewis wanted to go then he would be offski.

Disappointing, but much as Lewis says he is enjoying life with us, he is likely to harbour a desire to go back south and further raise his profile.

Looking over on the Hat a figure of 4 million has been suggested as a starting point for negotiations. I have no doubt if he was at an EFL 1 club a figure of that amount would indeed be realistic but up here it just wouldn't happen. I'm certain that Villa will indeed bid for him in January, offering around 1 million. Which should be instantly rejected. However we have to be fair to Joe....at 30 it willo likely be his last big chance of earning seriously funny money so if we could get the bidding up to around 2.5 million I think we should allow him the chance to move on.

If McInnes was given 1.5 million of that to source a replacement I'm sure he could find a hidden gem somewhere in Europe..