Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Well - dons - sun

Not looking forward to this one at all. The team and management team need to have a long hard look at themselves as the midweek performance was coming, we could all see it a mile off. A solid back four that are allowed to gel is what we need. Need to get back to basics. We have more than enough to beat them, need to give ourselves the best chance of doing so and believing we can.

Out

Home

Home

Home

2-0 them, no dons scorer

P.s. No Reynolds please.

surely to god Thursday has be our rock bottom, the only way is up from there. Arnason to start, Reynolds not on the bench, Tansey to start (but get him in for his op early next week), GMS to be dropped off at the Time Capsule in Coatbridge on the way down to join their adult swimming lessons class, give the young left back a debut.

3-1 us...

After Thursday I think I will give this a miss tomorrow and just watch on TV. Would like to think we will start with Arnason at the back as he at least challenged Moult when he came on. I would be tempted to go with the back 4 Willie Miller suggested on the radio of Logan Arnason Considine and Shinnie. No idea who will be in the midfield as they were all shite on Thursday but Ball has to be returned to the bench or ideally Rotherham. Still think we need to go with 2 up front of Rooney and May. They need time to form an understanding but once they do they will score goals. This is where McInnes needs to show his worth and get a reaction from the team.

Oot just now but may change my mind yet

Flat or Train

Flat or away end

Flat or train back to Capital.

Could be another defeat 2-0 Well.

After Thursday I think I will give this a miss tomorrow and just watch on TV. Would like to think we will start with Arnason at the back as he at least challenged Moult when he came on. I would be tempted to go with the back 4 Willie Miller suggested on the radio of Logan Arnason Considine and Shinnie. No idea who will be in the midfield as they were all shite on Thursday but Ball has to be returned to the bench or ideally Rotherham. Still think we need to go with 2 up front of Rooney and May. They need time to form an understanding but once they do they will score goals. This is where McInnes needs to show his worth and get a reaction from the team.

Oot just now but may change my mind yet

Flat or Train

Flat or away end

Flat or train back to Capital.

Could be another defeat 2-0 Well.

I was listening to Willie on the Radio as well on Thursday and you could sense how how annoyed he was with our defensive performance.  FUck, how I wish we had a Miller or McLeish in that defense at the moment, the others just would be allowed to play as badly as they did on Thursday.

Was supposed to be heading down, but other shit has come up so will be listening to the radio and hoping that McInnes just gets us back to basics and keeps it simple.

I suspect a very different Aberdeen team to turn up tomorrow and put Thursday night behind us.

2-1 Shinnie and May

COYR

I'm heading through expecting a win. Not really sure why, maybe as Ten Caat says Thursday has to be our rock bottom.

I think it's going to be interesting to see how this group of players react; is there strength of character there? Does the manager have the ability to see his mistakes and rectify them against the same opposition?

Hope Wright plays, gives us a great outball, stick to the touchline, terrorise their full back and get the ball in the box for Rooney/May to attack. He'll be inconsistent, as all youngsters will be, but we need to show faith in him.

If they've got Hammell in the side we have to get at him, get him turning towards his own goal.

Shinnie to Left Back, kept that Cadden quiet when he moved there. Arnason & O'Connor as the CB pairing. Drop Considine & Reynolds.

Bit of a dilemma in the holding role now though, has to be Tansey and maybe Ball, who wasn't too bad vs Hearts.

May up front but need to get more involved around him, he was also gash Thursday night, but had zero support.

I predict a more spirited performance, but ultimately a defeat.

2-1 Motherwell. 

Shinnie to Left Back, kept that Cadden quiet when he moved there. Arnason & O'Connor as the CB pairing. Drop Considine & Reynolds.

Bit of a dilemma in the holding role now though, has to be Tansey and maybe Ball, who wasn't too bad vs Hearts.

May up front but need to get more involved around him, he was also gash Thursday night, but had zero support.

I predict a more spirited performance, but ultimately a defeat.

2-1 Motherwell.

A definite no, we need Shinnie in center mid, that's the area we need to command and put Motherwell on the back foot. Really like to see Stewart central, he doesn't have the pace to do both attacking and defensive duties from wide, Christie does plus I actually think Christie is more effective from wide areas with more space.

Disagree on the May comment, you can't do well if you don't get the ball. He was either chasing lost causes or competing for high balls, what else could he have done? We were shite around him, you can't say he was shit because his teammates gave him fuck all.

Please please please drop McLean. Doesn't defend, can't win a tackle, and rarely scores/assists.

Lewis

Logan-Connor-Arneson-Considine

Tansey-Shinnie

Wright-Stewart-Christie

May

2-1 us, May and Shinnie

I actually feel better about this now that I did walking back to the car on Thursday night.

A settled team for the next few games is a necessity

We may to put up with a few frustrating performances until we get a balance that works - most of us wouldn't have started with the players that McInnes put out but also we need to support the team when the heads go down - we didn't add anything as fans to the atmosphere on Thursday by haranguing them pretty much from kickoff

Yes it was frustrating as fuck to watch and it is absolutely dire to be out of the cup but a win today and we're tucked in just 2 points off 1st place

COYR  :AFC2:

Unfathomable starting XI. McKenna must obviously be showing well in training to get his start - and we will never complain about giving youth a chance (even though he's nearly 21) - but to throw him in to this match, into an experimental formation (yet again) is hardly doing him nor the team any favours.

I hope this is a genius masterstroke rather than desperate tombola management but I suspect the latter.

HT

Still think our midfield are second to every 50/50. Christie and McLean have been poor and May has been totally isolated up front. I'd be taking McLean off, Wright on and telling Christie to get up in support of May.

If we can get a goal theyd be forced to open up rather than crowding midfield.

SOunds as though we are playing to ensure we don't lose. Young McKenna has had a good 45 minutes, why he has taken so long to get a chance, considering we aren't exactly blessed with good defenders is beyond me.

Happy we are not getting beat, but we should be trying to win this game, hopefully we will open up more in the 2nd half...