Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad

No Shinnie or Christie???

Wtf Strachan.

I agree we should keep the same team who should've beaten England but bringing in Whittaker and excluding them?

Nuts

Only surprise in there for me is that Judas Jack isn't straight into the squad.

Anyway as I've said before I lost any real interest in the national team many many years ago.

1st September and the midweek after, against Lithuania and Malta. Nae real surprise regarding the squad. Shinnie should be ahead of McGinn, but not really too bad otherwise. Nae Rhodes unsurprisingly, nae Burke either.

Seeing as that inconsiderate fucker Nips didn't provide a link whilst angrily starting a thread, here it is....  :thumbsup:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40999223

1st September and the midweek after, against Lithuania and Malta. Nae real surprise regarding the squad. Shinnie should be ahead of McGinn, but not really too bad otherwise. Nae Rhodes unsurprisingly, nae Burke either.

Seeing as that inconsiderate fucker Nips didn't provide a link whilst angrily starting a thread, here it is....  :thumbsup:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40999223

Well the ironing won't do itself.

Jeez

Squad is pretty much as expected with Strachen still picking players who are either off form or not playing from the start/at all with their club sides. Something he said he would not do when he started. Not bothering with either of these games as I have been to Lithuania a number of times before and heading to Glasgow on a Monday night to watch us play Malta is about as appealing as sticking bamboo splinters under my finger nails.

Well I still give a fuck about Scotland results.

Many here may do so too but don't want to admit in front of Aberdeen fans as it seems to be the in thing to not give 2 fucks.almost cool.

Strachan is by no means likeable or the best man for the job , but he ISNT Scotland.

He just picks the players, mostly badly of course.

I hated Levein as manager, he was clueless and should stand trial as far as I'm concerned the fuckwit.

BUT, I'll still try watch both games and think we will win both.

The last 10 minutes of the England game were incredible.

Both free kicks from Griffiths should be been on every sporting part of the news globally IMO.

If it were Messi or Ronaldo or Rooney I'm sure the goals would've been shown.

It was magical and then so hard to take when they equalised with the last kick of the ball practically.

How any football fan couldn't be excited by that is beyond me.whether it's Scotland or any team, international or club level.

It was a fantastic end to a huge contest.

Piss off Strachan and the shite he picks but Come on Scotland.

I don't think it's cool or the in thing to not give a fuck and it's certainly not exclusive to AFC fans.

More likely to be a defence mechanism. Having been let down so often over every decade in all our lifetimes, and having to endure ongoing mismanagement on industrial scales from Ernie Walker through Farry and now the guffy cunt, it's hard to show passion for a predictably lost cause.

But you're right. We are Scottish. And as Chris Eubank spoke of about McGregor and the fact that he's Irish, we have fight in our souls. The game v. England was amazing and unfortunately, the same old so close but no cigar outcome. It had me screaming at the telly in a packed pub 100 miles from home so deep down many of us do care but we can't show support to shit management who are destined to fail.

We're just dormant, not dead.

I found myself getting excited when Thumb scored his two free kicks against England. Deep down I'll always support Scotland even if the players on the park are generally cretins that are embarrassed to be Scottish and managed by an even bigger cretin whose bitterness is obvious. Rocket's right. It's a defence mechanism.

I was as fired up watching us go 2-1 up against England as I have been for a Scotland game in a long time (even if my only option was watching it on a Spanish language TV channel)

But as others have said, I feel no connection to a squad that seems to be picked according to whether their face/club fits with a management duo that's, frankly, taking the piss. It's not "cool" for me not to religiously follow the national side these days, it's apathy because of the squads chosen, the management, the SFA in general and the fact I'm unlikely to be able to watch any of the games live (especially if they don't play on Saturdays, I mean WTFF!)

If it's anything like the last Lithuania game then I think you should just stay in bed, safe in the knowledge that the score will still be the same in the morning. Your dreams should consist of: "Scotland win 4-0 as Strachan and McGhee are hit by bus en route to the game".

Right ...come on scotland

Want 2 wins out of 2 here.

We are loads better than when we played Lithuania last time.

2-0 griffiths Robertson

I still think we can get to the World Cup.

Our defence was always a massive problem and finally after picking the wrong players, i think stubborn Strachan has got it nearly right with the back 4.

Hope Snodgrass gets some time and shows what he's actually capable of.

We have some superb young talent in Scotland.

Lets build a team with them in it.

Am sorry nips, but I just can't get excited about the team anymore. The whole setup is what is wrong with Scottish football, from top to bottom.  It's a bit of a pain interrupting our good start to the domestic season! No team with the likes of Whittaker in it deserves support.  Regardless, I hope it's a good game for you and it's not a waste of loss of sleep!