Author Topic: Scotland squad  (Read 18900 times)

Offline Jute

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 19
Re: Scotland squad
« Reply #580 on: June 03, 2018, 07:59:54 AM »
Great to hear McKenna captaining the team. Good on him. How did he and shinnie play? Presume shinnie won’t play left back very often  for obvious reason.

Thought McKenna had another solid game. Shinnie has a quiet first half when Scotland played with a back 4 but when went to a back 3 and Shinnie moved to the left of midfield he came into the game much more and looked pretty good.

Offline scotfree

• Administrator
  • Rating: 26
« Reply #581 on: June 03, 2018, 08:22:11 AM »
What a fucking year that McKenna has had.  ;D
“Why do you want to sign Zidane when we have Tim Sherwood?”

Offline SeeBass

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 358
« Reply #582 on: June 03, 2018, 04:20:40 PM »
Does anybody agree that we shouldn't really be handing out caps for friendlies??   

Offline dons8321

• Under 21's
  • Rating: -11
« Reply #583 on: June 03, 2018, 06:47:36 PM »
Does anybody agree that we shouldn't really be handing out caps for friendlies??

Sadly if that was the case we'd have even more cry-offs that we already do.

Offline BobbyBiscuit

• Manager
  • Rating: 54
« Reply #584 on: June 03, 2018, 06:54:23 PM »

I think we should take a cap off all those who called off.

Don't see why the guys who actually wanted to play for their country should be penalised. Look at what it meant to both McKenna and Shinnie.
It's not about escaping. It's about getting out with a bit of dignity.
If you're in it, don't fucking moan about it, make it yours and leave a mark

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 75
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #585 on: June 04, 2018, 02:11:06 AM »

Don't see why the guys who actually wanted to play for their country should be penalised. Look at what it meant to both McKenna and Shinnie.

Spot on

Online RicoS321

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 65
« Reply #586 on: June 04, 2018, 08:15:25 AM »

Fit's this? Are you saying that those who were picked for the squad get a cap even though they don't turn up (I've nae idea like, I'm not being critical)? I'm not sure who's being penalised here? Do the replacements nae get a cap anyway?

Caps should go to those who play minutes in a friendly. It does them a bit of good, gives them a bit of confidence and something to put on their CV. Huns should not get caps.

Offline BobbyBiscuit

• Manager
« Reply #587 on: June 04, 2018, 08:42:27 AM »
Fit's this? Are you saying that those who were picked for the squad get a cap even though they don't turn up (I've nae idea like, I'm not being critical)? I'm not sure who's being penalised here? Do the replacements nae get a cap anyway?

Caps should go to those who play minutes in a friendly. It does them a bit of good, gives them a bit of confidence and something to put on their CV. Huns should not get caps.

No, I'm absolutely not saying that.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #588 on: June 04, 2018, 08:48:09 AM »

The way I understood it, and correct me if I’m wrong B.B was that those who’ve played previously but choose to sit out on friendlies should lose a cap per game they miss. Then they shouldn’t also automatically get picked and go straight into the first team for the proper games. Hence why shinnie shouldn’t get dropped because others are suddenly “available” after choosing not to be previously.

Offline BobbyBiscuit

• Manager
« Reply #589 on: June 04, 2018, 08:57:00 AM »
The way I understood it, and correct me if I’m wrong B.B was that those who’ve played previously but choose to sit out on friendlies should lose a cap per game they miss. Then they shouldn’t also automatically get picked and go straight into the first team for the proper games. Hence why shinnie shouldn’t get dropped because others are suddenly “available” after choosing not to be previously.

Yes, that was pretty much it.  Tongue was partly in cheek, but was a nod to the number of players who called off this time due to tiredness etc, I bet they wouldn't have been tired if it was a World Cup they were going to.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #590 on: June 04, 2018, 09:01:44 AM »
I thought so, Just liked the idea of it . Would set the cat amongst the pigeons ;D

Online RicoS321

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 65
« Reply #591 on: June 04, 2018, 12:16:24 PM »
Ahh, understood. That makes sense. That means that Scott Brown has never actually played for Scotland and the rest of the Tims are on negative caps apart from James Forrest who is the only one who actually regularly turns up to the squads without actually turning up on the pitch on match day.

Offline kiriakovisthenewstrachan

• First Team
  • Rating: 10
« Reply #592 on: June 05, 2018, 11:45:40 AM »
It will be interesting to see how this Nations Cup thing goes.

Hopefully will make the non-qualifying international games a bit more meaningful for us since we need every route possible to make a finals these days.  Might convince some of the no-showers to turn up for duty.