Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Tubby Ogston's Awa'

I remember him well, he was the goalie for the first 4 or 5 years of my Pittodrie experience.  Big unit for those days but very capable and threw himself around a bit.  I played in goal at primary school and he was a bit of a hero along with Ernie (see above) Winchester.  Liverpool bought him as cover for Tommy Lawrence IIRC.  Tubby had a massive boot up the park from hand and from the goal kick spot.  I seem to recall anecdotal tales from some of my Huntly family of him kicking the ball straight out of the park over the opposite goals at Christie Park: also that he played Highland league before and after his Dons/Liverpool/Doncaster career.  Buckie Thistle or Peterheid?  Anyone clarify?

I remember him well, he was the goalie for the first 4 or 5 years of my Pittodrie experience.  Big unit for those days but very capable and threw himself around a bit.  I played in goal at primary school and he was a bit of a hero along with Ernie (see above) Winchester.  Liverpool bought him as cover for Tommy Lawrence IIRC.  Tubby had a massive boot up the park from hand and from the goal kick spot.  I seem to recall anecdotal tales from some of my Huntly family of him kicking the ball straight out of the park over the opposite goals at Christie Park: also that he played Highland league before and after his Dons/Liverpool/Doncaster career.  Buckie Thistle or Peterheid?  Anyone clarify?

Banks O' Dee according to wikipaedia

Before my time too, first one I remember playing was also Bobby Clark, but I was at school in the same class from P4 upwards as Ernie McGarr's younger daughter...

What a dame she was. A one girl wrecking machine. Her old man could sink a pint or two ana..