Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Tangoman

Aye, shame like. Loved his time at the dons, so fair play to him. Some good nights under his tenure. Some horrendous too, but that's what makes fitba good.

Thing is Rico, I think a large element of our support genuinely forget the good times we had under JC and only remember the shite like QotS.

Him and the lads gave me two of the best nights of my life when we played FC Copenhagen and Bayern Munich UEFA Cup 2007-08 campaign so wish Tango Man all the very best.  Having a brain injury from birth myself I recently spoke with our Neurologist Dr Connor and discussed whether possessing our disability would make me more prone to stuff like Alzheimer's Disease. 

Thing is Rico, I think a large element of our support genuinely forget the good times we had under JC and only remember the shite like QotS.

I'll never forget that, nor the Queens Park game, but then i'll never forget us randomly beating celtic 4-2 at Pittodrie, qualifying for Europe, 2-2 with Bayern and a few others .  Such highs and such lows.

Right, I've had my say about the arsehole.

Horrible horrible disease though.

What do you think is causing it?

I know people are living longer, I know that old people could go what we used to call dottled.

It's more than that though.

My money is on them putting fluoride in the water.

The timing would be about right and I've never really been into forced mass medication.

What's your thoughts lads?

Right, I've had my say about the arsehole.

Horrible horrible disease though.

What do you think is causing it?

I know people are living longer, I know that old people could go what we used to call dottled.

It's more than that though.

I was a charge nurse in the NHS before a back injury fucked me permanent. I trained in the mid eighties, at that point average life expectancy was around 74  for men and 76 for women. Since then, this has increased significantly for a variety of reasons....cancer treatments have improved, people eat healthier, drink less and smoking has become very much a minority pursuit. However the most significant medical treatment that has improved in this period is that of treating high blood pressure effectively (not to mention cheaply). This cut down mortality from heart attacks, strokes and kidney disease dramatically and right now adult males in the UK can expect to live till they are 80 and females 83. This will actually increase to nearly 85 for men and 90 for women over the next 15-20 years...

However.....downside is of course that not all of these extra years of life expectancy will be entirely healthy ones. It is a fact that if you could keep every woman alive indefinitely (until what I'm about to reveal) then 100% would develop breast cancer. By the same token 100% of men would develop prostate cancer under the same conditions.

Dementia would also happen to 100% of all humans. However the extra 6 or 7 years life expectancy we have gained since the 80s has seen numbers of sufferers rise exponentially. And during this time we saw swathes of dedicated care of the elderly wards within the NHS shut down and focus turned over to the private sector. The governmnent were well warned that life expectancy was rising quickly and private nursing home bed numbers were not anywhere near sufficient to meet future demand, hence for the last 15 years or so the NHS has been gripped by a bed crisis as people with dementia needing care end up blocking acute beds as there is nowhere else to put these unfortunate souls.

Medical science has many virtues, but sometimes it creates an unintended monster despite good intentions. I really hope by the time I'm in my 70s that the Uk will have embraced voluntary euthanasia. I'd hate to ever be in the same position as the poor buggers I nursed with their dignity stripped away completely in their final years.

Sorry for the rant but it's a personal bee in my bunnet..

My money is on them putting fluoride in the water.

The timing would be about right and I've never really been into forced mass medication.

What's your thoughts lads?

How I felt about JC and his tenure is irrelevant, horrible disease and i wish him a swift end when it comes.  Personally If i ever got that diagnosis I would be giving a family member power of attorney to take me to Switzerland once it got bad enough. 

Wanker of the highest order.

Didn't wish this on him so it's nae my fault.

He can fuck off though.

That made me laff.

Like you, I didn't wish it on him either but he's fucked. There's no coming back.

Fluoride is a good shout but it's definitely something environmental that's causing it, and Parkinson's.

My guess is processed food or aspartame or something in the food chain. Obesity is becoming ridiculously epidemic but instances of neurological degeneration are happening too often too.

Blue peel. That's exactly fit my ma said. Wonder why blue? Must have been in an old film or documentary.