Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

climbing Aberdeen Football Stadium

just watched a video on Youtube (sorry don't know how to post the link) of two halfwits climbing the floodlights. next to Ryhun they must be the biggest idiots to come out of Aberdeen. they climb over the wall, climb the floodlights, walk right down the length of pitch then climb up the beachend in broad daylight and no-one sees them. is Stevie Wonder in charge of security ? the stadium is falling to bits as it is without some tit falling through the roof

This was news that came out two weeks ago. Anyway, to enlighten.

The guys that do things like this do it for a hobby and a passion if you like,  they are not neds they do this as it's the passion that drives them on.

The guy did the Pittodrie Floodlight is Latvian not sure, he was wearing Dons top.

Mustang Wanted is a very famous one who has done lots of buildings, chimney stacks dangling via finger tips.  He is Ukrainian.  His clips on YouTube have millions hits and has climbed Gold Gate Brige etc etc

It's urban climbing - a hobby.  These guys are skilled at it, they are very strong and thrill seekers.

Always strikes me its ok for posh middle-class gits to climb up cliff faces and Ben Nevis or mountain faces, Old Man of Hoy or go hill walking in treacherous areas and be regularly killed and be tagged doing 'what they love'

Urban climbers get titled neds.

These guys climbed up Pittodrie flood light as there is a ladder that leads to the top on the floodlights.  Contrary to what Sun, EE or Police Scotland say they were not a threat to others or would damage the floodlight only a danger to themselves i.e. if they fell they would hit ground near floodlight where no one else is or was.

Also there seems to be the soundbite of 'trespassing' peddled by Police and AFC.  Well if you go down to Golf Road near SS next to RDS there is a gate that seems to be open regularly and allows you to more or less walk into Pittodrie and take photos (these guys scaled the wall)

The club has a funny way of stopping people getting in.  No one died, someone made a video put it on youtube. They should not be doing it and taking own life into huge risks but they know the risks and know they are doing wrong - if they cause damage they would have to pay for it.

This was news that came out two weeks ago. Anyway, to enlighten.

The guys that do things like this do it for a hobby and a passion if you like,  they are not neds they do this as it's the passion that drives them on.

The guy did the Pittodrie Floodlight is Latvian not sure, he was wearing Dons top.

Mustang Wanted is a very famous one who has done lots of buildings, chimney stacks dangling via finger tips.  He is Ukrainian.  His clips on YouTube have millions hits and has climbed Gold Gate Brige etc etc

It's urban climbing - a hobby.  These guys are skilled at it, they are very strong and thrill seekers.

Always strikes me its ok for posh middle-class gits to climb up cliff faces and Ben Nevis or mountain faces, Old Man of Hoy or go hill walking in treacherous areas and be regularly killed and be tagged doing 'what they love'

Urban climbers get titled neds.

These guys climbed up Pittodrie flood light as there is a ladder that leads to the top on the floodlights.  Contrary to what Sun, EE or Police Scotland say they were not a threat to others or would damage the floodlight only a danger to themselves i.e. if they fell they would hit ground near floodlight where no one else is or was.

Also there seems to be the soundbite of 'trespassing' peddled by Police and AFC.  Well if you go down to Golf Road near SS next to RDS there is a gate that seems to be open regularly and allows you to more or less walk into Pittodrie and take photos (these guys scaled the wall)

The club has a funny way of stopping people getting in.  No one died, someone made a video put it on youtube. They should not be doing it and taking own life into huge risks but they know the risks and know they are doing wrong - if they cause damage they would have to pay for it.

never called them neds just pointed out they are halfwits, the same as I think people who climb mountains are idiots and people who get lost in the mountains should be left there

p.s. no way they would pay for any damage they caused

never called them neds just pointed out they are halfwits, the same as I think people who climb mountains are idiots and people who get lost in the mountains should be left there

p.s. no way they would pay for any damage they caused

I know you didn't. Never accused you.

The Sun and the DRsaid they were neds and said that they were a danger to others.  They dropped a selfie stick but it fell to the ground.  It was not near anyone.

I would say they are daft lads indulging in a hobby like that especially hanging from finger tips.

I thought the video they put up was great - never seen Pittodrie from that angle.

World Famous Mustang Wanted - 20m + hits on Youtube >