Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Club ambition

Well, purely on the playing side of things, I have to give the club credit for their work this summer. We've signed internationalists (maybe a stretch I know) in Arnason, GMS, and Stevie May, plus Tansey and Stewart have stood out on previous SPL teams. Christie returning is a good signing too. While loan signings aren't great I'm good with those two, plus we have to recognize we paid fees for 2 players, can't remember the last player before Kenny McLean that we paid a fee, never mind 2 in a season. Obviously players have to find form but on paper, if that means anything, we've picked up good players.

Add to the fact the management were convinced to stay and extended contracts, plus Logan and Lewis extended, very busy and productive summer. It will take time to gel but I'm positive and encouraged by the business done this summer!

I think it's a great signing.  May is a superb signing - battler, free kicks, runs about a lot and robust. 

He is on a 4-year deal which is good for all parties.  The club know if he does the business and proves it he will be transferred again for £1m+ to Celtic, Rangers or down south in a couple of years.

Coming to us gets him out of the heat of Championship where you can become lost as a player.  Good signing on a good 4year deal, tied down and if anyone wants to buy him - ££££££££ transfer fee involved, please. 

Fed up of these 2-year deals - lose players for nothing with them.

A few will be offloaded. Wouldn't surprise me if that is the end of Rooney.

Get Scott Wright on an extended deal as well.  Give him an extra £500 a week from Hayes cash.

i'm not complaining and I commend the board for sanctioning the signings that we've made. The money for Hayes has helped, but imagine a Jonny Hayes in addition to this squad...

Sad to lose Hayes but I do think the squad needed a bit of refreshing and don't know if we could have done it without the Hayes cash. I think we lost two real quality players but we've added potentially 4 strong starting players in GMS, Stewart, Arnie, and May. Obviously Christie was here but I see a different role for him this year and he's a better player now. Haven't seen much said of him but I think Tansey has looked solid in the last two games too, plus I think adding May will hopefully give Rooney a bit of a kick up the backside. Not a new signing, but Wright now gets more of a chance to shine as well.

Overall, we're now a much deeper squad with more competition for places which can only be a good thing.

Sad to lose Hayes but I do think the squad needed a bit of refreshing and don't know if we could have done it without the Hayes cash. I think we lost two real quality players but we've added potentially 4 strong starting players in GMS, Stewart, Arnie, and May. Obviously Christie was here but I see a different role for him this year and he's a better player now. Haven't seen much said of him but I think Tansey has looked solid in the last two games too, plus I think adding May will hopefully give Rooney a bit of a kick up the backside. Not a new signing, but Wright now gets more of a chance to shine as well.

Overall, we're now a much deeper squad with more competition for places which can only be a good thing.

So true L.A.

I think sometimes we put too much hype on McGinn and Hayes who were of course brilliant...but missing in so many games.

Great team now with May added.

We must start scoring far far more goals though if we are to challenge Celtic and dare I say..keep above the Huns or Hearts or Hibs or freaking anyone

Good post LA,  the Hayes cash has been crucial in all of this despite the promises of more money from the board. I'll be annoyed if they do sign Patrick Roberts as it would question the need to signing Hayes at all, but we've still got a very good deal out of it. Let's not forget it also allowed us to offer new deals to Logan and Lewis. Hopefully this team won't be so reliant or predictable as the one of the latter years, it definitely gives DM more options and hopefully avoids the embarrassment of that Portuguese cunt naming our team for us.

I just hope we can finish a brilliant 4th or even 3rd since Celtic and the Huns are in the running for the top 2 spots obviously.

Fuck off Record.

And as for you Caixinha, you want to be treated fairly apparently.

it was you who started mouthing off yer shite towards McInnes and our team first if you remember ya goat so fuck you.

I just hope we can finish a brilliant 4th or even 3rd since Celtic and the Huns are in the running for the top 2 spots obviously.

Fuck off Record.

You forgot: Hibs are going to be 2nd aren't they?

And as for you Caixinha, you want to be treated fairly apparently.

it was you who started mouthing off yer shite towards McInnes and our team first if you remember ya goat so fuck you.

Looks to me like it's been well spent. Time will tell.

So far so good if crowds are anything to go by.15'000 for a home game against Hamilton(would normally expect around 12 for a similar season opener?),and around 13'000 sold for Dundee so far.Without spending more than weve taken in,not bad at all.Maybe increase if we eventually 'click'.

Been a while since I looked forward as much to games...