Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Milne response

Have to say I'm a bit disappointed by this, although hand on heart? Not surprised in the slightest (apologies for the source, it disgusted me clicking it):

But, speaking exclusively to Sportsmail following Aberdeen's Europa League victory over Siroki Brijeg on Thursday, Milne said: 'We all have to work hard in getting everyone focused and pulling together. What has happened in the past has happened. Hopefully, there have been a lot of lessons learned by coming through it.

'Our stance is that we have to be led by the work the two organisations are doing, the SPFL and SFA. Both engaged top-level QCs to give advice on the situation and they have put out very clear statements on the position.'

The SFA have said no further action will be taken and, while the SPFL is officially considering its position ahead of Monday's Annual General Meeting, outgoing chairman Ralph Topping remains confident the organisation can withstand any attempts to strip titles.

'I think all the clubs have to fall in line with that,' said Milne. 'We can't end up spending another five years looking back and trying to redo what has taken place.

'We have to focus 100 per cent of our time on where we can take Scottish football over the next five to ten years.

'Let's get all the clubs back together. We can effect a real change in football at domestic, European and international level, particularly if we can get the SFA and SPFL working more effectively together.'

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit disappointed? It's fucking disgraceful. Who does he purport to represent with that shite? Certainly not the fans of the club he's chairman of.

"We all have to work hard in getting everyone focused and pulling together"

This is the political bullshit phrase de jour. Whether it's this hun bollocks, Brexit, independence/non-independence, Kingsford, the Grenfell inquiry, Hillsborough or whatever, it's fucking disgusting. It's basically saying "don't stand up for anything you believe in, don't have principals, don't have an opinion, we know what's best for you". No-one should "pull together" on anything, ever if they don't believe in it. They should continue to voice their concerns, their opinions and their grievances until the evidence proves that they shouldn't. It might be in Milne's best interests to sweep things under the carpet, but it certainly isn't in the best interests of AFC or Scottish football.

Sorry Rico, I think I was in shock more than anything.  Was fuming as it was a message from a Tim mate that brought my attention to it all.

I just don't get it.  When it's clear how our fans think, why come out and say something like this?  how to cause a rift at a time when we're all supposed to be pulling together ahead of a campaign?  What I find even more bizarre is that some fans think that it's ok because he's backed DM with funds.  But what's the point?  The whole thing is rigged and is complicit in it all.  The two organising bodies in Scottish football need to be scraped and started from scratch, that is the first thing. Hunco need to be stripped of their titles, how can anyone not understand this?

I'm f@ckin irate. I really shouldn't be surprised as he did the same in 2015 and everyone knows he personally only wanted newco to be placed in SFL1 back in 2012 ( at very worst) but was forced into backing the fans stance.

I think any chairman of AFC making one such error of judgement could be construed as unfortunate, twice is careless. However a third time should surely be a resignation offence.....Wiggy cannot be under any illusions how the fans feel about the oldco cheating. I hope to hell Dave Cormack is on the blower as we speak demanding Milne's arse on a plate....or better still actually round at chez wiggy personally inserting his right foot up his hun apologist hoop.

Milne oot..

A bit disappointed? It's fucking disgraceful. Who does he purport to represent with that shite? Certainly not the fans of the club he's chairman of.

"We all have to work hard in getting everyone focused and pulling together"

This is the political bullshit phrase de jour. Whether it's this hun bollocks, Brexit, independence/non-independence, Kingsford, the Grenfell inquiry, Hillsborough or whatever, it's fucking disgusting. It's basically saying "don't stand up for anything you believe in, don't have principals, don't have an opinion, we know what's best for you". No-one should "pull together" on anything, ever if they don't believe in it. They should continue to voice their concerns, their opinions and their grievances until the evidence proves that they shouldn't. It might be in Milne's best interests to sweep things under the carpet, but it certainly isn't in the best interests of AFC or Scottish football.

Absolutely correct, I highlighted the bold comment particularly as it should apply to all walks of life, like you alluded too.

At least Milne is being consistent.

He's always wanted to play this down as much as possible and only the fans' anger forced him give up support for his preferred "punishment" of  admitting Newco to the Championship.

For this and on the 10-2, no matter what else he's done, for me he goes down in history as the single worst thing that ever happened to Aberdeen Football Club.

I'll give credence to it when it appears in a reputable news source, rather than one than makes its living entirely off stirring shyte.

Reputable news source? What time warp do you live in? I would've added "fuckwit" to that last question and even though it's the Eberdeen wye, either you or a fuckwit piss weak "moderator" would've taken offence.

Grow a set. Rely on yourself. Develop an instinct and then use it.

Milne is a cancer for AFC. I've known this for a quarter of a century and have been posting this for a decade. Some of you are too fucking thick to see the obvious.

I'll give credence to it when it appears in a reputable news source, rather than one than makes its living entirely off stirring shyte.

Of course, the real question is, why when interviewing the Aberdeen chairman after a great away victory in Europe did the subject turn to Rangers?

It's nothing to do with shit stirring. It's bugger all to do with west coast media.

Milne has long been a driver of the 10 team SPL; an SPL that he wants to include Hearts, Hibs, Celtic, Rangers and us. He wants a minimum 4 games per season v Rangers and Celtic/

He is totally and utterly business minded and colleagues with Regan and Doncaster.  He sides with them - they are his colleagues at the top of the game.  He is not at all a progressive man.  He would not in any way side with or make a statement calling for whatever against Rangers.

For what's it's worth I can't stand the clown. Maybe he provides McInnes with stability but its about time.  Largely his tenure has been a failure. He is a clown and has the communication skills of a dumbbell.  Total country bumpkin.

For what its worth I don't feel strongly about Rangers. I could not give a flying hoot about them or whatever.

As much as I dislike the guy Milne, we are weeks away from start of season, days away from crucial QR3 v Apollon and the obsession with rangers is cranking up a gear.

Can we not leave this to Celtic.

Aside from that the guy Milne is a clown. What's he doing commenting on this at all? Quick statement 'AFC have no comment to make on HMRC judgement' would have been enough on AFC website.

Also further injunctions, making titles void and removing trophy wins it involves Years and years of legal arguments and wrangling as has been case in Series A.

The remove titles from them thing, sorry its a petty Celtic/Rangers argument our club should not be getting dragged into.

A bit like blue kit drama. We're better than this, and above the pathetic bitterness that shadows old firm rivalry.  The club chairman is an idiot. His timing is poor but move on FFS - leave Celtic to fight arguments about titles none of which we were anywhere near winning.

Can we not leave this to Celtic.

The remove titles from them thing, sorry its a petty Celtic/Rangers argument our club should not be getting dragged into.

This might deserve a thread of its own but is that your most ridiculous post ever?

I think this is apt ,Mr Milne don't you Mr Milne.        STRIP THE TITLES   

For want of a nail, the shoe was lost;

For want of the shoe, the horse was lost;

For want of the horse, the rider was lost;

For want of the rider, the battle was lost;

For want of the battle, the kingdom was lost;

And all from the want of a horseshoe nail.

Nail on the heed     

STRIP THE TITLES   

Make Scottish Fitba credible again

Math, as in 'flunked math pop' from Death of a Salesman.

Look it's all opinions, it's fine. Everyone has different views.

If it wasn't for Christie we'd be out of Europe. He was the best player by a million miles in both games and difference between qualification. If it wasn't for Christie we'd be still looking for first win at Ibrox since 1991. If it wasn't for Christie we'd not reached Scottish cup final possibly. IMO it's very good for Scottish football. We are crying out for good players, need to develop talent. Talent that helps us progress in Europe and which benefits national team.

Celtic are going to win the league regardless of whatever by a mile.  It makes no differences he can't play against them.