Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those travelling, tickets for AEL Limassol versus Austria Vienna on Wed will be available on the day at the Anorthosis stadium.  30 mins walk from centre of Larnaca.  Austria Vienna has sold out its charter fight for fans so Dons fans will be sharing Larnaca pubs with plenty Austria Vienna fans guaranteed good relations on the day!

Good to know. I mailed AEL last night about getting tickets but no reply. Any idea how much the tickets are? Where did you get this info as been looking about past few days and couldn't find anything just out of curiosity?

Anorthosis Famagusta said they will openly sale tickets to fans on the night (they are the host). The last AEL home tie against Progress Neiderkorn was attended by 3,700 at the same stadium. Its an 11,000 seat stadium, it's just walk up and buy tickets on the night - 7pm kick off. 

Won't really be able to buy tickets for the Vienna end only main stand - neutral zones.

Its same for our game.  Austria Vienna fans will be able to buy tickets but probably not for our end.

AEL Limassol probably are not dealing with admin of fan entry on the night - probably being left to Famagusta. It's like us playing our home leg game in Dundee where Dundee would deal with it on night.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Arnie and Reynolds at the back, OConnor in center mid with Shinnie with McLean ahead of them and Christie wide, Stewart to the bench. Arnie most definitely helps us but OConnor has done little this season to deserve to be dropped.

Hadn't realised this was a 6pm kick off. Will have to leave work a bit earlier to get to the pub in time.

Piper, you still planning on philomenas? Any London based dandies, make it happen! Local supporters club Rob Roy reds will be in attendance amongst other dandies of course  :thumbsup: atmosphere was outstanding last time round.

Hopefully be a cracker, looking forward to the game already!

Hadn't realised this was a 6pm kick off. Will have to leave work a bit earlier to get to the pub in time.

FFS, just moved into the new house on the Wednesday.

Virgin Media only doing install on Thursday afternoon.

Better nae fuck about too much.

Piper, you still planning on philomenas? Any London based dandies, make it happen! Local supporters club Rob Roy reds will be in attendance amongst other dandies of course  :thumbsup: atmosphere was outstanding last time round.

Hopefully be a cracker, looking forward to the game already!

Feckin Right I'm there! Only half hour on the old choob! Finish work at 2, so plenty of time to get properly lubricated!

Looking a bit cooler for this one,ie upper 20's

I'd be tempted to drop the 'recognised' strikers(probably why Im no manager),maybe bring in Tansey,move Maclean further up and give the others free reign attacking wise.It could be argued GMS,Christie,Stewart etc have as much if not more striker instinct then our actual strikers.Certainly think they'd be more on the same wavelength as far as developing attacks?

Agreed. Not 4-6-0 per say, but McLean as the striker. O'Connor in as part of a back 3 but just in front of them where he played well in the latter part of last wik's game.

I'd go

--------Lewis---------

-----Arnason------Reynolds------

logan-------O'Connor-------Consi

-------Christie------Shinnie-------

Stewart------McLean---------GMS

A bit similar to what we do already bus just shunt everyone up a little, while making things congested in front out our defence. McLean and Christie interchanging throughout. McLean being better at heedering and holding it up than Christie.

BBC and their regular positive outlook for our game:

Aberdeen are looking to avoid a fourth exit in a row in the third qualifying stage of the Europa League, but Shinnie thinks they have their best chance yet to reach the play-off stage.

Obviously factually correct but nice way to still put a negative slant on it. Any fucker would think we were down in the tie!

Anyway, that was in the Shinnie article where he says he can't stop watching the goal  :thumbsup:

Agreed. Not 4-6-0 per say, but McLean as the striker. O'Connor in as part of a back 3 but just in front of them where he played well in the latter part of last wik's game.

I'd go

--------Lewis---------

-----Arnason------Reynolds------

logan-------O'Connor-------Consi

-------Christie------Shinnie-------

Stewart------McLean---------GMS

A bit similar to what we do already bus just shunt everyone up a little, while making things congested in front out our defence. McLean and Christie interchanging throughout. McLean being better at heedering and holding it up than Christie.

Or maybe we could try McLean in goals.

Anything to keep him away from his natural position, which is on the subs bench.

I dislike Tims right enough.

But I fuckin hate Huns.

My objection to Christie was based on borrowing a player (any player, but particularly a young one) from Celtic.

I don't rate McLean though.

I accept that he's exactly the type of player I tend not to like but that others think are good ( Bobby Connor)

He also looks like a Hun which doesn't help.

McInnes is never going to play Maclean as a striker Rico, why on earth would he when he has 4 on the books?  I agree on your back 5 though and McInnes probably does too but I suspect he will play Maynard up front, Apollon will come at us and Maynards pace and movement has the best potential to cause them problems on the counter.  Could see Stewart or GMS drop out of this one as there's no way Christie is and I would be surprised to see Maclean dropped either.

I reckon it will be

--------Lewis---------

-----O'Connor------Reynolds------

logan-----Arnason---------Consi

--------McLean-----Shinnie-------

Stewart-------Maynard--------Christie