Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Next Aberdeen Manager

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely only the first three on that list could be serious contenders  :dunno:

We're fucked if we're scrabbling about at the bottom end of that list.

Will wait until he is officially away and had time to think about it before voting.

No way we have Eric Black in place to take over, when has Aberdeen ever been that prepared.  come on Davie Moyes free and looking for a job just what we want.  p.s. new manager will be named the day before our first game in Europe that's more like Aberdeen

If the board do not have names in mind to take over pending his departure then its incompetence. 

Lost 2 pivotal key players

Losing U20 coach supposedly (Sheerin)

Losing Assistant Manager and Manager

We play Europa League one month today. The players are training Monday.

At the moment its a bit chaotic and needs sorted soon.

Out of that list, only Alex Neil would soften my current mood, and not that greatly. He has experience in this division, went to England, did what he did there and is now looking for work. Similar to McInnes' story really.

Whatever happens though, I sincerely hope it's all settled before the Europa League qualifiers start, that's very important. We need at least 5 key players and a couple of squad type's, and adding to that a new manager and assistant, fuck sake, what a debacle.

Alex McLeish has literally been pimping himself out for every available job that's been going, I sincerely hope we give that a wide berth!

I find it 'highly alarming', no scrap that 'extremely alarming' that anyone would want Boab Coyle as the manager of Aberdeen ahead of McLeish or Black.

John Hughes is a dimwit, Hibee idiot who struggles to string anything sensible together.

Fa's Boab Coyle? I liked McLeish as Scotland manager, but he can just take that back when Strachan goes and that'd be fine. Don't wish him ill as he's a nice guy and a legend (and also didn't pursue the recent hun vacancy), but I think him being at the dons would be too contentious for some and he'd be on a hiding to nothing from day one.

Black I'd have, if it wasn't for the recent bribe scandal. A shame, as he speaks intelligently and I think he could have been a decent option. He'd be the equivalent of employing Malkay Mckay, and only a fucking idiot would do that.

I'd go for Jack Ross in the above list.

Eric Black was unfairly implicated in that bribery thing. If I remember correctly Southampton did a comprehensive investigation and found no wrongdoing so unsuspended him.

Good stuff. I'd take Black then. Intelligent guy, good experience.

Likely a year too soon as would presume he would want to stay on and lead Northern Ireland to the World Cup, but Michael O'Neill would be my choice.

Don't know enough about Alex Neil, never really followed his progress at Norwich but thought he was fortunate with the standard of player he had at Hamilton.

Jack Ross could be worth a shout.

I'd rather not tarnish yet another Gothenburg great by giving them the managers job and then hounding them out the door.

Need someone in the same vein as McInnes. Hungry for success, good with all the sports sciency stuff and happy to father the child of the best looking wag from the first team pulls.

With all that in mind I vote for Ryan Giggs as manager and John Terry as Assistant/player

Alex Neill, if we can't get him I'd go for Alan Archibald. Considering the budget at Thistle he's done really well and his team, on occasion, play some good stuff.

I like Eric Black, and he does come across as an intelligent guy, but if he never played for the Dons would a guy with his track record be quoted?

Not a hope in hell of getting Michael O'Neill. Norn Irn took a bit of a punt and splashed the cash out big style to get him and his success last year triggered enormous bonuses but his basic alone is more than twice what the SFA are paying the WGS......  When he leaves it will be to the English Premier or a very high profile Championship club.

I want Neil, he's now in a similar position to Deek was when he left Bristol City, albeit Neil has the added bonus of a year's experience in the Eglish Premier. However the wages he got at Norwich and the fraction of this that he would get at Pittodrie may make him think he can get a better deal elsewhere (alongside thinking that the  huge rebuilding job we require this coming season may be too high a risk to his career which now needs to see him be seen as having a successful tenure after the disaster of his last year at Norwich)

I think we will end up with McLeish...