Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Bomb in Manchester

Why? This is the question the media never asks. Why are these atrocities happening?

Koln was an Xmas market.

Nice was Bastille Day.

Paris was concert, restaurant and football.

Manchester was kids concert.

These are not necessarily individual acts of "Muslim terrorists". It's an orchestrated campaign.

Given the suicide nature of them, the motivation is at the max.

Nobody ever asks why? They try to pass them off as acts of the mad or the brainwashed. They tell us that they're attacking "our values".

The real question is what have we in the west done to attract such horrific responses?

Some of us know but we deliberately ignore it. They are to be found in the media and the corridors of power. And the sheeple are so stupid - satiated by soma, by football, by beer and shit food - their critical thinking capacity is so wrecked they don't even know the questions to ask let alone have the courage to ask them.

Suicide bomber like, pretty much says it all. Sounds like it was some sort of nail bomb, so obviously well organised. Clearly a muslim like. Will be interesting to see the response like. Expect to see some pretty cynical language coming from the election campaigning in the next few days.

The timing of the bombing couldn't have been worse / better, depending on which side of the fence you sit.  Horrific tragedy but very convenient for the Tories, in particular May.

So good to see the city pull together.  Listening to some mother on the radio this morning who's child was still unaccounted for was gut wrenching.  Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Away min far too early to know.I want to know everything about this guy's(the bomber)background,lifestyle, etc before judgements.

No need for the sheeple(if only people were as bright as me) comments.

Away min? Wot I say? Far too early to know what?

Who's making judgements? Before those can be made, we need to be asking the right questions.

I don't care about political motives or questions asked.

This particular person was a fucking cowardly cunt for targeting teen or younger innocent females.

If you have an agenda, take it up with the appropriate people if you must you fucking sick coward.

Absolutely this.  I see they've named an either year old victim  :(

I really hope that this horrific event doesn't affect people's voting habits...

I don't see why this tragedy should affect voting in the General Election but I suspect that it might for reasons I don't see yet.

Every suicide bomber is a sick, desperate individual. Trump at least got that right, calling them losers.

But the pattern of suicide bombers in western Europe (and other Nato "allies" e.g. Turkey) point to a concerted effort rather than individual acts of madmen. Well, of course they're all mad to commit what they did but I don't see any difference between Paris, Nice, Koln, Ankara and Manchester etc. etc.

The scale of the atrocity - how many dead, age of victims etc. - only serves to stoke up the hatred and the need for revenge. It doesn't even touch the question. What I think we need to understand is what is driving these individual acts to target western Europe, other Nato countries and the ethnic peoples in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya etc. etc. who have been supportive of the western interventions?

There's too many of them for them to be random and nae cunt seems to be interested in learning why they happen.

Why would it? Doesn't it show that under years of Conservative rule we're still not safe? How can May turn this into a positive?

Why would it? Doesn't it show that under years of Conservative rule we're still not safe? How can May turn this into a positive?

Why?  Because people will listen to the rhetoric despite the fact that there have now been two terrorist attacks under this farcical government alone.  MSM will say we need tighter restrictions etc and spread fear. All of which the tories are purveyors of.

I hope you and Rocket are right and I've over thought it, but I know that I am far from alone in thinking this.  Most of my mates have said the exact same thing.

Its almost certain that all sporting events will have a minutes silence this week including Europa Final, FA Cup and Scot FA Cup.  Nothing to do with AFC decision - mandatory I would have thought for all events.

Its probably more of an issue for Man Utd who play Europa League final tomorrow.  They must be distracted.

Not getting involved in politics and horror of it all as basically a football forum not the place to talk about these events.  I'd hasten to add hopefully the Dons or Celtic players (human though they are) will not get too involved pyschologically in the awfulness of it all as it will effect the final. 

Fully focused on the final please including fans.  Must not let something like this overshadow the final.

The sun managed to have just over 4hrs mourning before they went for him

I wouldn't read it. Bet they went for "weak on defence". Whatever the fuck that means. Trident would have that cunt metres before he could reach the arena. We should bomb Syria now.

Seems they found an ex IRA Killer to interview.

I think I can see how the Journalists mindset worked there ' Manchester.....bomb.....oh wait the last time that happened it was the IRA. That's tomorrow's political article sorted.'

The next article apparently went on to claim the Tories are the best thing and everyone should be grateful to have the chance to vote for them next month.

I don't see why this tragedy should affect voting in the General Election but I suspect that it might for reasons I don't see yet.

Every suicide bomber is a sick, desperate individual. Trump at least got that right, calling them losers.

But the pattern of suicide bombers in western Europe (and other Nato "allies" e.g. Turkey) point to a concerted effort rather than individual acts of madmen. Well, of course they're all mad to commit what they did but I don't see any difference between Paris, Nice, Koln, Ankara and Manchester etc. etc.

The scale of the atrocity - how many dead, age of victims etc. - only serves to stoke up the hatred and the need for revenge. It doesn't even touch the question. What I think we need to understand is what is driving these individual acts to target western Europe, other Nato countries and the ethnic peoples in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya etc. etc. who have been supportive of the western interventions?

There's too many of them for them to be random and nae cunt seems to be interested in learning why they happen.

Attacks carried out by ISIS in Iraq and rest of the Arabian peninsula have been against Shias in the main who have not been supporters of the West. Main resistance to the West in Iraq after the second invasion came from the Shia community for example. Violence there is mainly sectarian. 

Attacks in the West are to do with our attempts to halt this death cult from slaughtering its way through the middle east.

Attacks carried out by ISIS in Iraq and rest of the Arabian peninsula have been against Shias in the main who have not been supporters of the West. Main resistance to the West in Iraq after the second invasion came from the Shia community for example. Violence there is mainly sectarian. 

Attacks in the West are to do with our attempts to halt this death cult from slaughtering its way through the middle east.

And armed and funded by who? The side doesn't really matter does it? That can be flipped on it's head overnight as the recent support of Al Qaeda (Nusra front) shows in Syria. Perpetual war is lucrative, and having an enemy helps. Best if you can do it on multiple continents too.

The Sunnis and the Shias are like the proddies and the kaffllicks, different interpretations of a religion.

Religion is a vehicle for division and hatred but it is not the reason why the west interfere with other sovereign entities.

I am astonished that you write that our presence in the middle east is to halt ISIS. Iraq preceded the very existence of ISIS which of itself was funded and trained by the west for reasons that also were not sectarian nor religious.

Don't believe everything the mainstream media tell you. And if you do believe it, don't repeat it.

• 2 weeks later...

20,000 less police officers enabled by the Tory government to save a few quid. In the meantime, a number of British people are losing their lives to "terrorists", London being the latest. Given that they've arrested 17 who were supposedly connected to the lone Manchester bomber, I wonder how many were "connected" with these three? With so many less police employed by this "strong and stable government", the one who promised to keep us safe, it appears they all got it wrong in downgrading the terror threat from critical.

The inevitable consequence will be more armed police on the streets. The cynics might say that inducing fear in the population is a strategy deployed by the ruling class, the real rulers, not the puppet enablers, May and Cameron.

Yet still, nobody in this sick government and within the complicit presstitute media will ask "why is this happening"?

No problem has ever been solved without first identifying the nature of it and then acknowledging that it exists second. The problem in Western Europe is random acts of terror. Don't believe the puppets when they tell you that it's an attack on "our values" and "our way of life". In the meantime, I wonder if there are Burns type characters sitting in America going "excellent" at these further tragic deaths?