Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Scotland - England

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenny McLean & Mark Reynolds called up for the fixture vs England. Surprisingly, or probably not actually, no Graeme Shinnie.

Obviously happy for those involved, surprised at Reynolds but we do have rank rotten defenders in the national team, so hope he makes his case to start.

P.S Rico, apologies in advance if I have overlooked someone else thread  ;)

I fully expected Shinnie & McLean to be included in this squad.

Only because it means they have 2 weeks less summer break after the final before being back in for pre-season. Would have expected WGS to do anything he can to help the Dhims in preparation for next season given he has overlooked them so many time previously.

Well deserved call up for McLean. Good on Reynolds too even though it is a complete surprise.

Shinnie's on going exclusion is farcical but expected from the current incompetent fuckers managing our National team.

Reynolds call up is odd but given the lack of talent at centre back available is he any worse than those called up previously.

McLean's place is deserved.

Unfortunately Shinnie is paying the price for WGS allowing lego muncher to return. Once we get humped by the guffs he should be gone forever and hopefully Shinnie gets the call up his form has deserved for the past 2 years..

^^^^^^^

Very much this

BUT

Reynolds WTF

Considine would have been a better choice in my opinion

You are joking? What is the logic behind this?!

Standard practice for internationals I think. Happened to Rooney and Hayes before. They start with 30 and reduce it to 25 or so. Bit weird, but in fairness to Strachan not entirely unusual. Obviously, he'll have text McLean at 14:30 on Saturday.

But Reynolds remains?

WGS has really lost the plot now. I really haven't been bothered about games with the "national"  :hammer: team for several years now and this just confirms I'm right not to be. :wave:

Hope Reynolds doesn't get picked as Rashford will tear him a new one.

Does it matter?

I mean, honestly, is anyone going to bother to watch this shite?

Could've said the same about the final beforehand...ha.

I'll watch Scotland til the day I die.

Donsdaft for such a hater of England, don't tell us you won't be watching it praying that we beat their erses.

Come on.

Old fixture in the world and still up their with the best by a mile.

I don't hate England (it's the English I don't like)

Well of course there's more to it than that but this is a football thread so lets stick to that.

Will I watch it?  Probably not.

Do I know when it is?  No but I read on here a while ago that it's ridiculously late.

Do I want Scotland to win?  Who gives a fuck

Do I want England to lose?  Absolutely 100%

Does it matter?

I mean, honestly, is anyone going to bother to watch this shite?

I also use the self-protection strategy of feigning disinterest when I'm certain that the result will be averse.

But I will be watching and hoping. The fact I despise Strachan, McGoo et al at the SFA invokes contradictory emotions.

• 2 weeks later...

Was just checking out the Hampden goals video from the daily record.

Was there in '85 when Gough scored right in front of me and the mates. Brilliant win in a terrible pishing down day.

Anyone else seen us win against Engerlund?

I think we can get a result against these bastards.we must get our defence in order.

COME ON SCOTLAAAAAANDDDDDDD

I've never seen us lose against England.

1974, 1984 and the Gough one, 1986?

Somehow got tickets for the stand in 1986, Hun bastards standing up for the English national anthem, me shouting " stuff the queen up your arse"

Was it 1985?

Seem to remember 2 Hampden games in a row for some reason.