Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Them v Aberdeen

Am I right in saying Hayes is suspended? So missing him, Jack and Pawlett. But, Christie available again.

I'd love Taylor and Reynolds to be dropped but with O'Connor/Shinnie needed in midfield and Considine at LB we're left with no choice but to play them.

Christie to start. Maybe on left? Or does McLean go deep, Christie play off the striker and Shinnie go left?

Would start Rooney over Stockley. Would rather have the striker more capable of hitting the net.

Lewis

Logan Taylor Reynolds Considine

O'Connor Shinnie

McGinn McLean Christie

Rooney

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Controversy incoming. I don't want Ash Taylor wearing a red shirt again. I am going to say, let's try a 3-5-2

Lewis

O'Connor                  Considine                    Renolds

Logan                                                                                                                  Shinnie

McGinn                  McLean                      Hayes   

Rooney                        Stockley 

I have done a pretty abysmal job at trying to make it the shape I was looking for, but you get the jest. Logan & Shinnie are both good going forward and getting crosses in to the box, but they are also both good full backs, who can defend. Can give them the freedom to get forward when in possession or sit as a back 5 when not, allowing Hayes and McGinn to move out wide. Or, when in possession, they can interchange behind  the strikers in a little bit more central role, both good with the ball at the feet.

Will never ever happen, but I'd like to try it. Even in pre-season, just change personnel by then.             

Is it 5 goals in 15 minutes we have given both cheeks in the last 2 games with them?

Unacceptable even with our defence.

I don't think the Huns are anywhere near as lethal a strike force as Celtic are.

Let's get fucking intae the England top wearing bastards!

And all bizarre goals as well. Last 10 mins vs Sevco and opening 10 mins vs VicTims. Add to that purely avoidable goals vs St Johnstone, makes for grim reading.

I'd go against the grain and play a team of kids against the fuckers just to highlight how unimportant the game is to us, as second place is ours. You never know it may even throw up a surprise result just like we did at PArkhead all those years ago.

Never going to happen, but a nice thought.

I think I am worried about their hammer throwers trying to injure some of out players out of spite.

Kenny I'd love to see stockley and Rooney paired up front.

We should always play with 2 strikers IMO since we seem to be pish at scoring again.

We went through a little spell there where we were finding it easy but it didn't last long.

Stockley and Rooney would surely cause problems for anyone.

Stockley being the 'lay the ball onto' type player.

He's excellent at winning balls and he could play Rooney into positions.

With the wing boys we have and McLean in midfield attacking or defending..it's a no-brainer.

I love the idea of a 3 person defence.

Maybe it'll highlight what their jobs are and not get in the way of each other.

With big Ash , I think there is definitely a who's marking this guy problem.

With this in place, we need McLean and Shinnie to backtrack a lot to cover the likes of dodoo and Miller who I think are both able strikers.

I'd go

Lewis

Logan OConnor considine shinnie

McGinn Christie McLean Hayes

Rooney Stockley

I much prefer OConnor playing the Jack role. A permanent position for him I hope, but until we get a solid central defender , he needs to be one. :(

Shinnie or Hayes have to be our left back for this game I think.

Won't happen though.

I'd go against the grain and play a team of kids against the fuckers just to highlight how unimportant the game is to us, as second place is ours. You never know it may even throw up a surprise result just like we did at PArkhead all those years ago.

I think I am worried about their hammer throwers trying to injure some of out players out of spite.

Wouldn't that be great in an ideal world and why not?

Gives the fans a nice surprise and let's us properly look at any hidden talent we may have.

I know wright and Ross would fit in well .

;)

Fuck that! I'm coming up for this game so do not want us to get steam rollered there.  Shitter that Hayes is out, we're a bit paper thin at the moment.

Surely we have to put out our strongest team to make sure we win. A win means no more talk of not having won there for 26 years which should lift a little pressure off Dons teams playing there in the future.

Oot well currently as I have a spare ticket from supporters club order......

Work/or train to weeg

Flat watching a stream or game

Flat or train back

2-0 Dons Rooney and McGinn

Surely we have to put out our strongest team to make sure we win. A win means no more talk of not having won there for 26 years which should lift a little pressure off Dons teams playing there in the future.

Oot well currently as I have a spare ticket from supporters club order......

Work/or train to weeg  :thumbsup:

Flat watching a stream or game   :thumbsup:

Flat or train back  :thumbsup:

2-0 Dons Rooney and McGinn

You know it makes sense, incidentally, who's not coming?!?

DM is fucking awesome!

The way he backed AFC in that interview was pretty admirable stuff.

Even havin a slight dig at Hun fans in the process I felt. Magic!

DM no matter what happens the last 2 games or the cup final, you have my full backing big man.

Well said and thank you for these last few years.

;D

Hoping to see Wright and Ross on tomorrow.

I'd also play Stockley and Rooney together with Christie , storey and McGinn feeding them great balls.

:)

Lewis

Logan OConnor Considine Reynolds

McGinn Christie McLean Wright

Rooney Stockley.

Bringing on Storey at 65 minutes if McGinn is playing pish.

I would actually like DM to tell the team first and foremost he wants to see a clean sheet.  We need to cut out the stupid errors and defend as a team, which clearly we will need to do in the cup final.

I also think Stockley and Rooney up front is worth trying with an eye on the cup final.  For me to win the final we need to be direct.  Stockley isn't going to score many but he has nuisance value and will provide knock ons, flicks for someone else.

Bottom line is season is only about cup final now and it's about doing whatever is needed to win that, including trying different things tonight and not worrying about the result.

You goin Manc??

It'll be redtv full match tomorrow morning for me.

In 12 hours.

:thumbsup:

Absolutely!  Won't have many opportunities to go to games before I move to the Southern hemisphere in September.  Surely to fuck we have to break this hoodoo.  Couldn't afford the final so this had to suffice.

I've nae been to Ibrox for a few years.. something about them going bust and re-forming as a new club and having to come all the way up through the leagues from scratch or something like that.. but what's the deal currently with away parking? Same as it's always been? We have/had a car park across the road from the away entrance that we used to get but I was hearing that this is no longer the case.. where's best to park?