Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

'Singing Section' (Sic) - Cup Final

Got to highlight this as a means of highlighting how utterly incompetent and out of touch the people who run Aberdeen FC are with fans.

In response to a demand/request for a singing section for Dons fans at the Cup final v Celtic (two days after putting tickets on sale) word has materialised that there is some sort of singing section at Hampden.

Is it in the North Stand - already sold out - NO.

Is it in the West Stand very front cheering on the team - NO

Is it in the corner of the West / North Stands - NO

Will the 'singing section' (sic) be at the very back of the West Stand the furthest possible location as far away from the action and the players as possible - YES.

When you also look at the fact that this 'singing section' has never been communicated properly, no SLO in place yet and Celtic will have its biggest ever organised singing section at the front of the East Stand for the Cup final our club clearly has issues with its own fans.

Pathetic.

Well yeah, obviously.  A cup final - biggest CF for decades and the club botch up an announcement about a 'singing section'?  Not even been an announcement.

Then word gets out after supporters clubs ask for interest and after the tickets go on sale that one will be at the VERY BACK of the West Stand as far away from the pitch as you can get.

But clearly Aberdeen do need some sort of defined rabble rousing singing section of some sort since if you were at LCF there was supreme silence for 90 minutes.

The club are seriously out of touch.  Whoever this SLO is going to be or is in place they have botched up already if in place.

A singing section at the very back of the west stand???????? Its almost as if the club are embarrassed to see its fans offer support.

And as for Dons Supporters Together - whoever you are - you accept shite like that?  You go along with the club making stupid announcements about singing sections for the SCF at the back of the West Stand?

Quite happy to organise phoney piss ups in the Shed when the real occasion should be inside Hampden down the front of the West Stand?

WTF???

Its just preposterous.

Not much wrong with our support at the League cup final until it dawned on everyone that the team weren't going to bother trying.

Better that AFC had just rejected the need for any special section ( really only a family section is required)

This is not my view regarding Pittodrie, cup finals should take care of themselves.

Well yeah, its kinda of insulting.

But as far as I am aware a singing section was requested for LCF - denied.

And again requested for SCF - and they put it to the back of the West Stand?????  Is this 'official' or 'unofficial' or just token shite as they want the Aberdeen bit to be a 'family day out' for all?

You realise Celtic already have a massive singing area designated at the front of the East Stand.  They already have an advantage on us??

- Who is actually making these silly decisions?

- Who is announcing these things?

- Who is communicating to supporters clubs?

On Monday a supporters club asked for interest in tickets.  Request made.  Then 2 days later another announcement that there is a singing section?

Just what are the club playing at?  Who are DST?  You realise shite like this happens time and time and time again?

All over Europe there are cup finals - both sides tend to have supporters congregating down the front of the stand they will occupy and our club decides to 1: Make it up the very back of the West and 2: Not even organise or announce it properly.

Its laughable in its incompetency, insulting, ridiculous and not 21st century.

Ignorant, pathetic, stupid, out of touch and incompetent f-wits.

And as for DST - you a shower of lame duck idiots.

I would have thought that, upon reaching the final, the club would have immediately approached the organisers of the LC final's display and asked what they could do to facilitate similar or any other suggestions that they might have.

Will the 'singing section' (sic) be at the very back of the West Stand the furthest possible location as far away from the action and the players as possible - YES.

So like way at the back of the beach end back in the day then? Surely with singers at the back it encourages those in front to cheer too?

Anyway, you dinna half come up with some right shite, but this could be your best yet!

Getting our knickers in a twist over not very much.We were a goal down after 16 mins,and 2 down after 37 at the LC final,hence an understandable lack of atmosphere.

The SC final should take care of itself.Could argue its better having the singers spread around more.

But ach meantime lets get on each others tits before the final      ::)

Total shite about the team being to blame for the atmosphere at the League Cup final.

2/3 sat down as soon as the first whistle went and there wasn't any singing at all. Like someone turned off a switch from the pre match singing. It was dreadful. Even before the match outside the ground and in the pubs was shite.

The fact everyone was split up on points and ticket sales restricted helped fuck it as well but there's no doubt our support is largely shite now with hardly any songs.

Total shite about the team being to blame for the atmosphere at the League Cup final.

2/3 sat down as soon as the first whistle went and there wasn't any singing at all. Like someone turned off a switch from the pre match singing. It was dreadful. Even before the match outside the ground and in the pubs was shite.

The fact everyone was split up on points and ticket sales restricted helped fuck it as well but there's no doubt our support is largely shite now with hardly any songs.

I would agree.  The LC final was a complete failure all round.  Clubs fault.

Anyway, there is not much left to be said.  IMO we have a fantastic support when encouraged and mobilised properly.  But the club just don't want an atmosphere as it spoils a day out 'for families' .

Must have been a different League Cup Final to the one I was at.

I would have quite liked to sit down.

I went to the few thousands empty seats in a huff after getting a tap on the back from a family as soon as the whistle went, and that was more than half way up B5.

From my new vantage point I had a good view of how shite everything was.

League cup final was a Sunday if memory serves, that would defo have an impact on the volume of booze consumed pre-match.  Well I would certainly be taking it a bit easier on the sauce if I had to work on monday anyway.  This being a Saturday 3 pm will make a big difference on that which will likely to have an impact on the overall atmosphere.  Here's hoping anyway. 

League cup final was a Sunday if memory serves, that would defo have an impact on the volume of booze consumed pre-match.  Well I would certainly be taking it a bit easier on the sauce if I had to work on monday anyway.  This being a Saturday 3 pm will make a big difference on that which will likely to have an impact on the overall atmosphere.  Here's hoping anyway.

It was but that didn't stop anyone I knew. The biggest kick in the balls was the line up, everyone knew we were beat before kick off. And we were proved right within minutes.