Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Scottish Cup Final - Dons vs Tims

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, 17 years goes quick eh?

Last time we won I left my heavily pregnant wife at home with our two sons and headed off to Hampden.

My daughter will be 27 in June .

Getting old, getting really old.

Bollocks. Getting older is a staple, the same for everyone. Being old is a matter of mind.

I took my newly pregnant wife to the last SC we won. Son is 27 in February. Our 3 daughters have also never seen a SC win.

1990 was my first final and first trip to hampden.  I was working nightshift on the Friday night and headed to the train station straight after my shift to get down to hampden. MOst of the day is a blur, but I remember the winning penalty being scored and two lassies getting their boobs out for the boys waiting for the train at Mount Florida.  ;D

Hopefully my youngest will get to experience the cup being won this time around, I'm sure the boobs would be a bonus for him.

If you had told my 16 year old self we would go so long without winning this trophy again I would have laughed in your face and got you carted away.  :frown:

1990 was my first final and first trip to hampden.  I was working nightshift on the Friday night and headed to the train station straight after my shift to get down to hampden. MOst of the day is a blur, but I remember the winning penalty being scored and two lassies getting their boobs out for the boys waiting for the train at Mount Florida.  ;D

Hopefully my youngest will get to experience the cup being won this time around, I'm sure the boobs would be a bonus for him.

If you had told my 16 year old self we would go so long without winning this trophy again I would have laughed in your face and got you carted away.  :frown:

Hopefully not the same boobs though.

Nae doubt knee scraper now.

Was there in 1990, Just 14, fucking ace day oot.

Mind climbing up the post that held the roof up to see the penalties, Charlie Nick getting dogs abuse because he had agreed To go back to the soap dodgers.

2000, well it was a bit of a blur tbh, been out all the previous night, then had to survive a bus journey over the devil's elbow.  I was rattling by the time we got to Bridge of Alan .

Nae doubt knee scraper now.

Was there in 1990, Just 14, fucking ace day oot.

Mind climbing up the post that held the roof up to see the penalties, Charlie Nick getting dogs abuse because he had agreed To go back to the soap dodgers.

2000, well it was a bit of a blur tbh, been out all the previous night, then had to survive a bus journey over the devil's elbow.  I was rattling by the time we got to Bridge of Alan .

We all knew he would go back to them, but it didn't stop him scoring one of the pens and he also had a really great chance cleared off the line by Elliot during the game. He was a brilliant player for us and I wish we had him for the 90/91 season.    :frown:

Lets face it

We need a minor miracle.

With their attackers and our defence, which isnt bad but just not gonna stop them scoring.

You can have the greatest team talk and manager in the world but if the ability isnt as good as the othwr team then it's nigh impossible.

It will be a great game though and we will score i think.

:)

Less than 3 would be miraculous.

I've personally had blind belief going into every game against them even at Parkhead.

Now we've catastrophically shat our pants against a sea of shite hun team based on their jerseys who got murdered at their own ground.

How can our team not get fucked here?

I'd try this and it's hardly adventurous.

Lewis

Logan OConnor Reynolds Considine

McGinn Jack McLean Wright

Storey Stockley

Rooney as a super sub.

Storey and stockley still have something to prove.

Ash too slow and cumbersome for their forwards.

Wright needs a game like this. The kid's dying to show his form I reckon in front of a big crowd.

Bring on 'tired' Hayes later for Wright and Pawlett for McGinn if he's not in the game.

Cmon Deek...give us something different for us to cheer on...and Celtic to worry about!

The difference is, we had winning mentalities in the team in 1970 + a manager who saw the possibility of winning. McInnes doesn't think he can win and surprise, surprise, he won't.

Biggest nailed on win in the world. AFC will be fucked.

Our league record in 69/70 (34 games) was 14 wins, 13 defeats whereas this season, so far, its 21 wins, 9 defeats. 

The difference is, we had winning mentalities in the team in 1970 + a manager who saw the possibility of winning. McInnes doesn't think he can win and surprise, surprise, he won't.

Biggest nailed on win in the world. AFC will be fucked.

Allegedly Turnbull saw the Celtic party bringing in champagne before the match and used this to fire up the team. Doubt McInnes would fare as well, mind you I think the '70 team was a much mentally and physically stronger one

I'd hope the current team at Celtic are not benchmarking themselves against a Celtic European Cup winning team from 60's/70's as that team were - no comparison.

They (Celtic) had a European Semi Final v Leeds Utd 4 days after they played us.

But totally different for us as well - mentality wise this Dons team are fragile.  Not in anyway proved themselves in a pressure situation aside from 2014 LCF when we won pens shoot out hands down.

Our record in Glasgow is absymal at both Parkhead and Ibrox.

Reaching final for me and lots of people I know is a day out.  Enjoy the day.

Personally, if we don't win the cup (which looks odds on likely) I just want to see the team compete, score a goal and wear that shirt with pride on the day as team in 1970 did.

We will probably lose but we just want the team, manager not to let us down.  Just don't let us down.

I'd hope the current team at Celtic are not benchmarking themselves against a Celtic European Cup winning team from 60's/70's as that team were - no comparison.

They (Celtic) had a European Semi Final v Leeds Utd 4 days after they played us.

But totally different for us as well - mentality wise this Dons team are fragile.  Not in anyway proved themselves in a pressure situation aside from 2014 LCF when we won pens shoot out hands down.

Our record in Glasgow is absymal at both Parkhead and Ibrox.

Reaching final for me and lots of people I know is a day out.  Enjoy the day.

Personally, if we don't win the cup (which looks odds on likely) I just want to see the team compete, score a goal and wear that shirt with pride on the day as team in 1970 did.

We will probably lose but we just want the team, manager not to let us down.  Just don't let us down.

Can't argue with any of that.  Have given up on trying to get to the final myself, primarily for that reason that I don't actually think the manager nor the team believe they can do it. I really hope i'm wrong and it would pain me not to be at another final but if it means the team win then so be it.

Well I'll disagree with it.

I won't be going to Hampden for a day oot.

I'm going to see them win the cup.

It should definitely be more than a day out,  but the team don't believe they can do it.  They haven't believed they can beat celtic for two years now.  I'll happily be wrong though and hope it's a day to remember  8)

I know a few folk think we need something different for the final, but I don't think we have the squad to deliver that.  We've quite often shown we don't have a plan B. Start with our strongest XI, and the manager will need to be brave to change it sooner rather than later if it isn't working.  Just no suicidal tactics and keep Taylor the fuck away from the team.