Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Scotland v Slovenia

Well after the Cananda game, I still see a good chance for us to beat Slovenia believe it or not.

We need to replace some defenders even for a vital game like this but they need cover.

I'm using Fletcher as cover even though I'm not a huge fan but I think we have no option.

We have no right back so I'd put Anya back there with Snoddy playing with him on that wing.

Favoured strikers for me and a skillful attacking midfield with pace on the left wing.

Here's my starting 11.

McGregor

Anya Berra Cooper Robertson

Fletcher

Snodgrass Morrison Cairney

Griffiths Rhodes

I'd bring on Armstrong and maybe Burke at some point and Fraser if he's fit for the last 20.

Thoughts lads lol?

My first thought is that I would contest your use of the word "we"

There is a fair chance that they somehow beat Slovenia only to raise hopes which then of course are completely dashed by an appalling display in the following game.

These thoughts are not based on the current team but on Scottish football history.

Maybe the current team are not even that good.

Who are they playing next anyway?

My thoughts......

a 3-0 defeat and the couple of arrogant pricks refuse to bow to public pressure and FUCK RIGHT OFF.

Remember the days when the thought of a Scotland international used to excite me, but that is in the dark and distant past.

Know it is on Sunday but my interest is so low I couldn't even tell you what time it kicks off ::)

Have they sold many tickets or will it be half empty stadium  ???

Last chance saloon for the current management team on Sunday. After Wednesday's pish cannot see anything other than a defeat. Just then a question whether they do the decent thing and walk or wait to be paid off. Suspect it will be the latter.

Not my choice but expect them to go

Gordon

Anya Martin Mulgrew Robertson

Snodgrass Morrison Fletcher Brown Ritchie

Fletcher

Will be there on Sunday but only out of habit now. Also just found out that there are no direct trains back to Edinburgh after the game so not likely to be home until well after midnight.

McGregor

Anya Berra Cooper Robertson

Fletcher

Snodgrass Morrison Cairney

Griffiths Rhodes

Close to half the boys on that team line I wouldnae recognise if I found them in my soup.

I'd recognise Morrison, cos I mindonce thinking he looked a bit like Andy Dow, Cooper, Cairney, Rhodes....Anya I'd mebbe get cos of his hair, the lad Robertson....... I must've seen him play for the jooooot, but I couldnae pick him oot of a line-up.

The boy Rhodes.......his Dad was that goalie for Dunfermline and St Johnstone, he was English?

Was his Ma Scottish or did he "assimilate" cos he went to the school up here?

Obviously a gamble playing KT at rb but I like the look of that team. I shed my club allegiances temporarily, hell the best bounce I've ever been in was fergahuns equaliser against Italy.  As such I really don't have an issue with all the tim players to be honest, bar LG they are all playing to a high standard regularly.  Much rather that than a mid table championship player.  Got a feeling Armstrong might shine in this game, he's a braw player.

Obviously a gamble playing KT at rb but I like the look of that team. I shed my club allegiances temporarily, hell the best bounce I've ever been in was fergahuns equaliser against Italy.  As such I really don't have an issue with all the tim players to be honest, bar LG they are all playing to a high standard regularly.  Much rather that than a mid table championship player.  Got a feeling Armstrong might shine in this game, he's a braw player.

Agree about Tirney at right back, him playing well there could prove to be a good long term solution to what's been a problem position for us for a while too. Would mean him and Robertson playing as well, theyre both too good not to play so finding a place for them both is good news.

Papering over the cracks ::)

I think a victory was the worst possible result. I'm sorry nips but until those cunts are removed I won't wish any good will on the team. This just prolongs our misery their charade.

Obviously TD has had a positive impact on those clueless gimps.

I did think they would win this won. Slovenia are not a better team than Scotland. Well played though. Some decent performances, Armstrong notably. Great finish by the horses airse Martin. I think we'll struggle against England with that defence. Delaying the inevitable.

Impressed with Armstrong tonight. Did not look out his depth at all. Thought Tiernan looked decent at right back. Will hold my hands up to ranting like a loonie when Martin came on.

Gives us a slight chance of making play off place but no more than that.

Oh well on to England.

It is only a matter of time before Strachan will get the dunt, but until then they’ll get my support.

I thought he actually set the team up well yesterday. The first half and starts should have seen us out of sight, but the defence with any long ball was painful to watch. I didn’t agree with any of his subs, but credit Martin for doing the business – quite what Rhodes has to do to get a game I have no idea like.

I reckon the England game will be akin to the  Lithuania game for them; they won’t come out of 2nd gear.

Here’s hoping we beat the rest of the mob around us and hope for a miracle.

Credit to Armstrong; he looked a cut above yesterday.