Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Vehicle keys

Elgindon

I have 2 vehicles both of which need spare keys with remote locking.Phoned up a local Renault garage,and was quoted £130 for a new one( :laughing:),.....and if that wasnt bad enough,another £108 to get it programmed,..aye plus VAT.

So, to avoid paying the guts of £500 for 2 keys,has anyone on here found ways round paying these figures for replacement keys.Sourced a guy in Nottingham who can supply a key for £60,but it still needs programmed.

Any help much appreciated  :-\

I did my al' Lexus one eence. It was a caker. It was like the cheats you used to get for C64/Amiga/Sega computer games to program it, and I got the details online. It was like: press brake 5 times, left indicator, right indicator, finger from mouth to hoop, hazard lights on, off, on etc etc. I thought it was a piss take at first, but it actually worked. Anyway, it's probably all changed, but I trust my story has helped greatly.

I'm sorry but there's no excuse for owning a Lexus. Yes they are faultless, feats of exceptional engineering, quiet as fuck, efficient as possible. But so boring to be in, so boring to drive. I've been Mercedes for 20 years but wouldn't rule out a change. But not for my main car. Nissan Micra still my fav car on the planet. On my third.

I'm sorry but there's no excuse for owning a Lexus. Yes they are faultless, feats of exceptional engineering, quiet as fuck, efficient as possible. But so boring to be in, so boring to drive. I've been Mercedes for 20 years but wouldn't rule out a change. But not for my main car. Nissan Micra still my fav car on the planet. On my third.

Old Nissan Micra was my first (and best) ever car. Fucking thing ran and ran and ran faultlessly despite often being neglected in terms of servicing. Brilliant.  :thumbsup:

And aye. Car dealers are fucking scum bags. I've worked in ile, the public sector and in the car trade and I'd much rather work with the biggest fucking oil wankers in Aberdeen for the rest of my life than any car salesman cunts even for one day. Absolute fucking cretins. But I digress. As Rico entertainingly put it you can do it yourself. The info is available online. Best of luck. 

Old Nissan Micra was my first (and best) ever car. Fucking thing ran and ran and ran faultlessly despite often being neglected in terms of servicing. Brilliant.  :thumbsup:

And aye. Car dealers are fucking scum bags. I've worked in ile, the public sector and in the car trade and I'd much rather work with the biggest fucking oil wankers in Aberdeen for the rest of my life than any car salesman cunts even for one day. Absolute fucking cretins. But I digress. As Rico entertainingly put it you can do it yourself. The info is available online. Best of luck.

Our Micra born in 2010 is still going strong, now with daughter no. 1. We got a new Micra last year - aye, new as in 11 miles on the clock but pre-registered 3 mths earlier at a 40%-ish discount against list price (which John Clark in Abz couldn't get within a grand of, I would have shopped locally for a couple of hundred quid but not that big a diff) - and given that it has Bluetooth and cruise control, what more do you need? I love it (when I get the chance to drive it), a totally different shape from the 2 x "bubble" Micras and it's just perfect. I stupidly said that the beauty of them is they're so cheap that who gives a fuck if someone bangs a door into it at a supermarket - which is valid when they're 4 or 5 years old - but within 3 days of getting this one, a wifie drove into ours in a supermarket car park and she was busy writing out an apology and her details when my wife returned. No problem. Paint Tecnic in Altens - best bodyshop on the planet - took the wifies credit card over the phone and fixed ours for a couple of hundred quid or so.

Mrs Donsdaft has a really annoying habit of trying to open the car door just as I click it open.

For some bloody reason this locks it again.

Many the argument we have had over this.

Once, in France, with a hired car we had stopped and looked at a restaurant menu.

Deciding it was too posh and expensive for dennertime we went back to the car in the car park.

Well, the old familiar ritual of clicking and arguing commenced.

It went on longer than usual though.

Then this couple approached us with a " what the fuck are you doing with my car" look on their faces.

Ours was the car next to it.

You could hear the fucking thing clicking.

I have to say it cured us of this particular argument