Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

The English FA Cup

1903_Redz

Anyone know if the clubs are charging Premier League prices for their FA Cup ties?

I'd be fooking raging if i were a fan of some of these teams, paying top price for a ticket only for my team to put out the reserves and get horsed by a lower league side!

The clubs are cheating their fans, the sponsors and the TV companies and TV subscribers by paying a total lack of respect to the trophies, both the FA and League Cups.

Your Liverpools and Newcastles deserve to get knocked out but the fans don't deserve it.

Not sure about the other EPL clubs but Sunderland only charged £10 and £15 for their 3rd tie against Burnley.

Money in the English game has ruined the cup. Teams are more concerned about league position than actually trying to win a trophy.

Quite certain clubs charge considerably less for the cup comps (unless Europe). I know I've managed to get tickets reasonably easily for those games. As an example, I know, and have bought, £10 tickets for arsenal league cup games which included man city. I'd be surprised if the premier league clubs were charging more than £25.

Edit, I've just checked spurs' site and general sale was £25 for adults, St holders was £20 and family tickets ranged between 40-50 (2 adults and 2 juniors)

I'm not much of a one for English fitba but I think it's one of the saddest things that modern football has brought about.

The English used to fuckin LOVE their FA cup.

Yes they did but saturation coverage, the rewards available in the league and some managers not seeming to give a fuck has devalued it for the fans. The main reason might be found in the alphabet: -

Apathy is

Blanket

Coverage

Derived in

England.

Fucking

Guffies.

• 3 weeks later...

I see Danny Ward had to settle for a place on Huddersfields bench today when playing Man City in the cup... is this a case of even the likes of Huddersfield (lower league teams) disrespecting the competition by resting first team regulars?!

What a predicament Leicester find themselves in!  :eek: That team have totally lost whatever they had last season, i realise that's probably the mother of all understatements but can they go out and sack Ranieri after last season? It's a hard one but surely no one is bigger than the club?

It's absolutely mental the type of season Leicester are having. Hard to see how it's going to change. They definitely have it in them as they've shown it in the chumps league but it just isn't connecting domestically.

As I said in the other thread, really enjoyed the imps game, proper cup football and football justice was done too. Surely the fa will retrospectively ban Barton and possibly that scouse scumbag for pushing the Lincoln player. We'll done Millwall too. Nice to see the cup alive and well despite what everyone says and managers appearing play second string sides. Good crowd at the den too, need all the help they can get to fight off this cpo.  Still hasn't been knocked into touch.

I see Danny Ward had to settle for a place on Huddersfields bench today when playing Man City in the cup... is this a case of even the likes of Huddersfield (lower league teams) disrespecting the competition by resting first team regulars?!

3rd in the Championship (7 points behind brighton with a game in hand, 5 points behind newcastle).

Money from a winning FA Cup Run (Not including TV money) = £3,397,500

Money from Promotion to Premiership - Allegedly £200,000,000

Well done Mr Murdoch

Fuck sake!

Have the English no idea at all how to fix a draw?

Hmmm potentially you've got Arsenal, Man City, Spurs and one of Chelsea or Man Utd in the semis... they also managed to arrange a 'final before the final' tie to keep the TV companies interested so all in all not a bad days work by the fixers.  ;)

I noticed the other day Jose saying he's been guilty in the past of not putting in enough effort in to FA Cup games but that wasn't going to be the case this season... but then he goes and starts with Ashley 'Swan Lake' Young!!!! If that's not trying to give the oppo a chance i don't know what is!

What a predicament Leicester find themselves in!  :eek: That team have totally lost whatever they had last season, i realise that's probably the mother of all understatements but can they go out and sack Ranieri after last season? It's a hard one but surely no one is bigger than the club?

I saw on a Huddersfield forum a few months ago that the fans were not really all that happy with Danny. Not sure if that has changed any.  :dunno:

I saw on a Huddersfield forum a few months ago that the fans were not really all that happy with Danny. Not sure if that has changed any.  :dunno:

:o

I read the match report for the Huddersfield v City game and it sounded like the keeper had a blinder. I initially thought that Danny had been dropped so i looked a bit further into it and it seems he's played every league game for them, hence coming to the conclusion that Huddersfield too were resting first team regulars in the cup. I could well be wrong tho.

Interesting to hear their fans aren't too impressed by him.

:o

I read the match report for the Huddersfield v City game and it sounded like the keeper had a blinder. I initially thought that Danny had been dropped so i looked a bit further into it and it seems he's played every league game for them, hence coming to the conclusion that Huddersfield too were resting first team regulars in the cup. I could well be wrong tho.

Interesting to hear their fans aren't too impressed by him.

Dons have conceded 30 goals in 37 games this season

This time last season it was 38 goals in 34 games (32 goals in 29 games with Ward).

Given the defence hasn't changed would it be safe to say Lewis's experience is the key with that and perhaps Ward's lack of experience means he is still prone to mistakes which may not impress the Huddersfield lot?

Don's fans vision of ward may have been clouded when comparing the goalkeepers of previous seasons

Dons have conceded 30 goals in 37 games this season

This time last season it was 38 goals in 34 games (32 goals in 29 games with Ward).

Given the defence hasn't changed would it be safe to say Lewis's experience is the key with that and perhaps Ward's lack of experience means he is still prone to mistakes which may not impress the Huddersfield lot?

Don's fans vision of ward may have been clouded when comparing the goalkeepers of previous seasons

That's a good observation but it's not quite as straight forward as that though, is it? You've got to consider the quality of the opposition attacks and that i would imagine would be pretty difficult to measure.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Joe Lewis he's been great for us, but so was Danny after so many years of dodgy keepers, it was brilliant to finally see the defence looking confident and not worrying about the scarecrows standing between the sticks behind them.

• 3 weeks later...