🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Scotland v Canada 22/03

Jute

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Well guys I know I'm in the minority but I do really care and I still hope we can get to the World Cup.

Thoughts:

Not sure if Armstrong deserves his place.

Feeling disgruntled Shinnie and McLean aren't in the squad.( how the fuck Scott brown is there is amazing before these guys)

There's 6 Celtic players there yet not one 2nd placed SPFL team player...weird.

Left back is covered by 2 very good players if I'm right.

So happy Rhodes is back in the squad.i love the guy and think he's a big star for the future as well as now ha.

Some good players involved still like Snodgrass loads.

I'll always support Scotland no matter what. Too many great memories from the 80s in particular.

Ryan Frazer? Good luck son.

:)

OUR DEFENCE IS FUCKING AWFUL!!!

:( :( :(

Well guys I know I'm in the minority but I do really care and I still hope we can get to the World Cup.

Thoughts:

Not sure if Armstrong deserves his place.

Feeling disgruntled Shinnie and McLean aren't in the squad.( how the fuck Scott brown is there is amazing before these guys)

There's 6 Celtic players there yet not one 2nd placed SPFL team player...weird.

Left back is covered by 2 very good players if I'm right.

So happy Rhodes is back in the squad.i love the guy and think he's a big star for the future as well as now ha.

Some good players involved still like Snodgrass loads.

I'll always support Scotland no matter what. Too many great memories from the 80s in particular.

Ryan Frazer? Good luck son.

:)

OUR DEFENCE IS FUCKING AWFUL!!!

:( :( :(

I can understand where you're coming from but I just have no passion for those cunts anymore. The two running the team are arseholes of the highest order, it's a massive shame given they were legends for us during their playing days.  Surprised even Jamie Walker isn't in the squad but yet some championship player is...not sure what Wallace has done to be included.  Had hoped Doc might instill some commonsense in them.

Regardless of what you think about Brown he's still one of the best in the middle of the park.  Less so than a year or so ago but hard to see a tough tackling cunt elsewhere.  Certainly McLean and Jack are different players.  Genuinely gutted for those two as they've played so well over the past 3-4 months. Shinnie if he was in LB we'd have a case for but he's not even getting played by our manager in that position.

Out of curiosity, who else could we play at CB?  As much as I like Consi, not sure if he'd make the grade.

Was going to have a moan, but fuck it...better things to do with my time

Obvious hell with freeze over before Chesney & Mutley let an Aberdeen player near a Scotland cap.

Those that keep the blind loyal faith have what they deserve

Can't even muster up the enthusiasm to watch that lot on TV never mind pay to go to a game ::)

I don't care about these games. I despise Strachan and McGoo. For many decades, I did care about the national team. 6-0 at the Dam ArenA changed all that. It wasn't even the result, following the usual formula of hopes being built (after the excellent performance at Hampden) only to be extinguished big time, something Scotland has been consistent in. In fact, it's the only formula we've followed. It's amazing how we keep on failing. These days, any chance or hope of qualifying has gone. I loved the experience of France 98 but the reason the 6-0 was the final straw was the "famous tartan army". I was embarrassed to be Scottish. The "fans" were the biggest collection of classless Neanderthals I've ever come across, just scum humans. From the racism towards the taxi driver going to the game, the collective urinating on the war memorial at Dam square, the harassment of local women, the petty thefts and the all round behaviour, it was appalling. I'll never go back to see my country. I don't want to be part of the major shit show, both on and off the pitch.

Out of curiosity, who else could we play at CB?  As much as I like Consi, not sure if he'd make the grade.

The question is: is an Andy Considine that plays every single week worse than a Grant Hanley who has only played twice this year and seven times this season? The answer is blatantly yes. I've seen a lot of Scotland games and a lot of Aberdeen games, and he definitely is.

I don't think Andy Considine should be international class defender (although arguably he's performed to that level this season), but he isn't a worse player than a guy who isn't getting a game for his team. There are only a couple of players in that squad who you'd probably have in regardless of if they are playing for their team or not and Hanley isn't one of them. We shouldn't be rewarding players for failure, and we don't need this "club mentality" at international level at the expense of players doing their job to the best of their ability every week.

A good question would be: is there a better Scottish defender in the SPL this season? I don't believe so. I suppose he's been playing at left back a lot, which is perhaps harming him (an inverse Shinnie if you like). The question again boils down to whether or not you reward top SPL performers or not. I can guarantee if thon dud Wilson was anything as good as Considine he'd be a shoe in. I don't think he's a fashionable enough choice.

The question is: is an Andy Considine that plays every single week worse than a Grant Hanley who has only played twice this year and seven times this season? The answer is blatantly yes. I've seen a lot of Scotland games and a lot of Aberdeen games, and he definitely is.

I don't think Andy Considine should be international class defender (although arguably he's performed to that level this season), but he isn't a worse player than a guy who isn't getting a game for his team. There are only a couple of players in that squad who you'd probably have in regardless of if they are playing for their team or not and Hanley isn't one of them. We shouldn't be rewarding players for failure, and we don't need this "club mentality" at international level at the expense of players doing their job to the best of their ability every week.

A good question would be: is there a better Scottish defender in the SPL this season? I don't believe so. I suppose he's been playing at left back a lot, which is perhaps harming him (an inverse Shinnie if you like). The question again boils down to whether or not you reward top SPL performers or not. I can guarantee if thon dud Wilson was anything as good as Considine he'd be a shoe in. I don't think he's a fashionable enough choice.

I think that's the conclusion I was coming to.  He's certainly better and arguably played at a higher level than those in question.  I just wouldn't want his confidence to be fucked from it all  :-\  The wider issue being that who the fuck else do you blood if you don't as that lot are not the future for Scotland.

Only Ryan Fraser's inclusion surprises me. Rest is entirely predictable with some absolute shite getting selected by two clowns who should have been punted at the end of the last campaign. However I will still be at both games although not sure why.

Rocket - to judge the Scotland support on the actions of the hangers on who attend a big game in Amsterdam or London is wrong. There are arseholes in all supports and the bigger games attract a bigger proportion of them. Plenty of idiots doing similar things in Dons supports away from home. You see far less of the type of incidents you describe (if any) at games in Serbia or Georgia. Totally different experience. 

"They're very unfortunate, two of their good players, Ryan Jack and Kenny [McLean]," Strachan added.

"But if you look at central midfield I think it's really strong. You can be unlucky at times, that's for sure.

"I saw Kenny play a tremendous game recently against Motherwell but you can be right unlucky at times.

"That can be unfortunate for a footballer but they must be pleased with how they've been playing."

Yawn.

surely once Slovenia put 3 or 4 past us then those two fuckwits will be shown the door.

Trot out a hard luck story and more likely a contract extension through to the next qualifying tournament unfortunately  ::)

Pair of incompetent cunts that have achieved pretty much the square root of fuck all in either club or country management apart from Strachan enjoying a short spell of success at Celtic where probably any of us could have done so also.

Lets not forget Chesney appointed fucking Alex Miller as his assistant once.

The Scottish FA have sold just 5,000 tickets for Scotland's friendly with Canada at Easter Road on Wednesday. (Sunday Mail)

Scotland coach Gordon Strachan is unlikely to risk any of the Celtic players in his squad against Canada if they start for their club against Dundee on Sunday. (Sunday Post)

:rofl: fucking idiot. Risk, against Canada?

The Scottish FA have sold just 5,000 tickets for Scotland's friendly with Canada at Easter Road on Wednesday. (Sunday Mail)

Scotland coach Gordon Strachan is unlikely to risk any of the Celtic players in his squad against Canada if they start for their club against Dundee on Sunday. (Sunday Post)

:rofl: fucking idiot. Risk, against Canada?

Fucking speachless ::)

I think Liam Cooper could be a great find for us and Strachan.

He's Scottish enough for me.grandparent Scottish and played in e under 17s and under19s for Scotland.

Strachan is due plenty of pelters and I'm not his biggest fan either.

How Scott Brown gets a game before Shinnie or McLean is beyond me.

I'm still a believer in Scotland and still hope we can qualify.thats more to blind love for my country and the sport than anything else of course.

If we beat Slovenia and I think we can, then we are back in it.

Of course, Canada isn't going to draw a big crowd.can anyone name a Canadian player?

Can anyone name a Scotland player?? Jokin  :rofl:

Anyway, come on lads get into Slovenia as the Cananda game is obviously a warm up and confidence/ find out booster.

I think Liam Cooper could be a great find for us and Strachan.

He's Scottish enough for me.grandparent Scottish and played in e under 17s and under19s for Scotland.

I guarantee you'd never heard of him, or seen him play, before his call up.

Me neither obviously. Hopefully Strachan only continuing his pathetic reign for the next week, so I can take a wee bit of interest again.