Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

On yer bike!

MálagaSheep

Any other posters into Mountain bikes, road bikes, BMX or any other?

Did alot on the mountain bike when younger but kinda gave it up after a crash.

Never anything serious, just hill tracks, old quarry tracks and forrest tracks.

Started it up again but only out with the loons round homemade campo tracks, just a bit of fun with them. Made it my new years resolution to go out more and so far been out every day.

The boy Danny Macaskill is some boy on a bike. Hes done alright for himself.

Big into road cycling. Grew up in Holland so have always ridden a bike apart from the time I was at uni (which felt weird). Used to have a mountain bike during my teens then moved onto a Hybrid when I moved to London.  Got me into cycling again and upgraded to a Cube road bike via the Cycle to Work scheme.  Love it and even done a couple of races (for charity) but enjoy doing the long cycle rides.

You must have some awesome countryside around you?

Always loved watching Macaskills rides on youtube.  Fill me with fear but mainly awe. Would not have the stomach for that these days!

Walking for miles all day up and down hills doesnt bother me,but 5 minutes on a bike literally to me is torture.Even allowing for the different muscles used,you would think it wouldnt need that much of a transition

Danny Mac - thats my favourite vid of his.Most folks need ropes to get up the In Pinn,fair play to him

Big into road cycling. Grew up in Holland so have always ridden a bike apart from the time I was at uni (which felt weird). Used to have a mountain bike during my teens then moved onto a Hybrid when I moved to London.  Got me into cycling again and upgraded to a Cube road bike via the Cycle to Work scheme.  Love it and even done a couple of races (for charity) but enjoy doing the long cycle rides.

You must have some awesome countryside around you?

Always loved watching Macaskills rides on youtube.  Fill me with fear but mainly awe. Would not have the stomach for that these days!

Aye Manc some cracking countryside round me, perfect for the mountain bike. (Will see if i can find a few pics)

When we first moved here i took the bike with me, with great plans to get back into the bike, went out into the campo with the youngest loon and biked up to this old ruin house out the back there was a orange tree, so me and the loon rested the bikes up against the wall and went and picked a few oranges.

Was gone about 10mins and some cunt nicked ma bike! Cunt. In the middle o the campo and no hoor in site.

Last year i bought a new Trek and one for her, so i tried to get more into it but only once a week sometimes no even that. But planning to do alot on it this year, been out everyday this year, did 20k along a track of a old river bed the other weekend with the family and the rest is out with the loons in the campo having fun.

An old work mate o mine was into downhill mountain biking in a big way! £6k just for the frame o his bike, mental money he spent on bikes.

Walking for miles all day up and down hills doesnt bother me,but 5 minutes on a bike literally to me is torture.Even allowing for the different muscles used,you would think it wouldnt need that much of a transition

Danny Mac - thats my favourite vid of his.Most folks need ropes to get up the In Pinn,fair play to him

Aye Elgin, its a cracking vid and tune to go with it

Aye Manc some cracking countryside round me, perfect for the mountain bike. (Will see if i can find a few pics)

When we first moved here i took the bike with me, with great plans to get back into the bike, went out into the campo with the youngest loon and biked up to this old ruin house out the back there was a orange tree, so me and the loon rested the bikes up against the wall and went and picked a few oranges.

Was gone about 10mins and some cunt nicked ma bike! Cunt. In the middle o the campo and no hoor in site.

Last year i bought a new Trek and one for her, so i tried to get more into it but only once a week sometimes no even that. But planning to do alot on it this year, been out everyday this year, did 20k along a track of a old river bed the other weekend with the family and the rest is out with the loons in the campo having fun.

An old work mate o mine was into downhill mountain biking in a big way! £6k just for the frame o his bike, mental money he spent on bikes.

Didn't realise the Spaniards were so hot on nicking bikes. Had it happen to me once before in London, more due to my own stupidity and it's a lesson I learned very quickly! Still doesn't take away from the fact it's a shit thing to do!

We're you going downhill when you had your crash, Málaga? I never ever got round to trying it on a mountain bike, feel I don't have the balls to do it these days. Get the fear, despite being OK gunning it down a road on a road bike! Can imagine there would be some cracking down hills there.

One of my bosses regularly spends 3-4k on a bike, I say regularly but he's done it three times since I've been there (over 7 years). It's easily done, but I don't think it's worth it unless you're doing comps or something thats time dependent. Have a very good spec on my bike, for what I need it to do, but upgrading would only see marginal gains. Doesn't seem worth it. That said, might be different for a mountain bike! You got disk brakes on yours?

Wasn't Jim Beam was it?

Didn't realise the Spaniards were so hot on nicking bikes. Had it happen to me once before in London, more due to my own stupidity and it's a lesson I learned very quickly! Still doesn't take away from the fact it's a shit thing to do!

We're you going downhill when you had your crash, Málaga? I never ever got round to trying it on a mountain bike, feel I don't have the balls to do it these days. Get the fear, despite being OK gunning it down a road on a road bike! Can imagine there would be some cracking down hills there.

One of my bosses regularly spends 3-4k on a bike, I say regularly but he's done it three times since I've been there (over 7 years). It's easily done, but I don't think it's worth it unless you're doing comps or something thats time dependent. Have a very good spec on my bike, for what I need it to do, but upgrading would only see marginal gains. Doesn't seem worth it. That said, might be different for a mountain bike! You got disk brakes on yours?

Aye manc, lost control going down a track in a old quarry and hut a boulder! Bike fucked.

A just got a decent spec for starting up again, did alot o research for what i was really going to to use it for. Fun and nothing serious, am to old for that now and to scared.

Been out in the country most o my days except for 7 years in Aberdeen, so always liked the mountain bikes.

All types of biking is popular here Manc, weekends the roads are full o bikes!

Thats the man, mondo! Worked with Jim for about 10 years and and only found out before he left, his name wasn't Jim

Topper of a bloke is Jim.  He was always good to work with because at the end of lunch time if you really couldn't be arsed getting going again you could ask Jim about his bike or a new tool he had bought or something.  Guaranteed to pass atleast an extra half  hour telling you all about it  :thumbsup:

Topper of a bloke is Jim.  He was always good to work with because at the end of lunch time if you really couldn't be arsed getting going again you could ask Jim about his bike or a new tool he had bought or something.  Guaranteed to pass atleast an extra half  hour telling you all about it  :thumbsup:

:rofl: :rofl:

I mine coming back from a job in Inverness and as we left, he started on about his bike, i started nodding aff at the first roundabout, he shoogled the van to make me smack ma heed aff the window, " are you listening to me ye cunt" he said.

Aye mondo, Topper o a bloke! Got on great we Jim,

He cycled from Kemnny to Inverness in 7hours when he was younger! Something to do in the holidays he said. 8 o them set off and i think only him done it

Pic I took one morning out on the bike.

The countryside of the Mijas Costa

14uz9e1.jpg

Looks ace!  It's the biggest draw back about living in London, hills.  Have to travel a few miles to get to them, but the Surrey Hills, South Downs etc are spectacular if just a bit too busy. Could imagine running into a boulder would dent the confidence, same happened to a colleague of mine.  Don't think he's done any downhill riding since.

There's a race in Mallorca that a few of my mates have been trying to do, if it had been any other years previously i'd have done it but need to save some serious cash now.  Everyone's raved about the roads in Spain, far fewer pot holes!

• 1 month later...

First bike ride since I moved house (cycling to work will take 1.5 hours) - fuck me was that hard work. A couple of loops of Richmond Park, and nearly got ran off the road by some daft mother in her 4x4 who had the audacity to ask if I had a death wish.  ED, will be pishing himself, but I was absolutely in the right.  She was in front, veering towards the kerb, so I signalled that I would be going on the right, she then veers that way, so I pull left, and she pulls left again. Oh and the road was at least a car and 1/2's width so it wasn't like there was no space.

Apart from that, a nice fine day and good to blow the cobwebs away!

• 2 months later...

I have it on good authority ( from a fellow poster) that if you book your bike on the plane, but choose the option of paying for it at Dyce, then the stupid bastards generally forget to charge you.

You have to pay for the return so I suppose the real answer is " half of whatever they tell you"

I have it on good authority ( from a fellow poster) that if you book your bike on the plane, but choose the option of paying for it at Dyce, then the stupid bastards generally forget to charge you.

You have to pay for the return so I suppose the real answer is " half of whatever they tell you"

Cheers Mr Daft.  If I dinna bother coming back that means it wont cost me fuck all  :thumbsup:

Bargain at double the price.