Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

On this day

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah youth of today.....missed out in so much back in the day :wave:

Yes they did. My son has at least never missed a trophy being lifted in his lifetime whereas I missed 1970. It's just that we saw many being lifted and he's seen only 2, both the mickier mouse of the 3 possible trophies of course.

When Hewiit knocked it in on 11.5.83, I tuned to my mate and said this is the pinnacle, it can only go down from here. My biggest recollection was the row behind us in Gothenburg and a supposed hard man at school greeting his eyes out, which nearly got me going.

We were lucky, very lucky to have had Ferguson in his youth, burning with desire and ambition. But the success we had has been used against us by Milne (different agenda), Miller (incredibly given he was part of it but arse-licking his boss) and Caldererwood (thick useless fuck) all saying our expectations are unrealistic. Stupid fucks. Like we ever thought that was ever going to be possible again. Lightning doesn't strike twice. We only wanted AFC to do the best it can and the whole time under Milne, we have been significantly underperforming, unsurprisingly given the quality of managers Milne gave us.

Last match i watch with my dad together!

Had a ticket for the match, and didnt go,

He was a Long distance lorry driver, and surprised me by turning up at my front door, asking if i funcied a chinky for supper. Didnt tell him i had a ticket for the match. He even had two beers with me watching the game(he wasnt a drinker) we danced about the living room like idiots, over joyed by that game!

That game will live with me forever, and i didnt even set foot in the turnstiles of the south stand!

Memories for different reasons

Last match i watch with my dad together!

Had a ticket for the match, and didnt go,

He was a Long distance lorry driver, and surprised me by turning up at my front door, asking if i funcied a chinky for supper. Didnt tell him i had a ticket for the match. He even had two beers with me watching the game(he wasnt a drinker) we danced about the living room like idiots, over joyed by that game!

That game will live with me forever, and i didnt even set foot in the turnstiles of the south stand!

Memories for different reasons

As one who has lost both his parents, I can relate to this and it is a touching story MS.

You can always find film to enable you to relive the game and the goals.

You'll never be able to relive the memory of the time spent with your father.

I'd imagine you're glad you chose not to go that night in hindsight.

Wouldn't mind a Severin & Nicholson ( In their primes ) partnership in the CDM roles today.

We can but dream KFP!  Would be the ideal!

Watched the game down at home with my Gran, Malaga, we went berserk lol. My Dad isn't much of a football man, seems to have skipped a generation, my Gran absolutely loved it.  Mind finding the game on the red button down here in Englandshire and being overjoyed!

As one who has lost both his parents, I can relate to this and it is a touching story MS.

You can always find film to enable you to relive the game and the goals.

You'll never be able to relive the memory of the time spent with your father.

I'd imagine you're glad you chose not to go that night in hindsight.

Very glad!

As he was invited out for dinner on boxing day for the huns game, so gave his ticket away. The call in the morning after, wasnt the call i expected, my match report for him wasnt needed!

Bastard.

I always forget about Seve which says a lot  but he would walk into the midfield at the moment.

Seve and Heikkenen, even though I think it was for one season only? was my favourite midfield partnership in recent times. No-one has come close.  Nicholson was awesome, but by then Seve wasn't his best.

Couldnt believe we managed to get Seve.His first season or two he was outstanding.Some screamers of goals too

Great memories of both those games.Always remember the poles,students etc outside their tenement doors applauding us up Merkland road after the Copenhagen game.Happy days    :smile:

Couldnt believe we managed to get Seve.His first season or two he was outstanding.Some screamers of goals too

Great memories of both those games.Always remember the poles,students etc outside their tenement doors applauding us up Merkland road after the Copenhagen game.Happy days    :smile:

Aye he got a couple of last minute game screamer's, hibs and motherwell spring to mind.  Heikkinen was a lovely player, exactly the kind that we need right now.

• 1 month later...

I was there  ;) (sigh from the younger loons as the old gits wallow in nostalgia again)

Big Dons support down that day.Me and my pal got the train thru to ABZ,intending to catch a 'luxury' Alexanders coach down,but a guy in a van turns up at the station and offers us a lift for half the price.Yasss we thought.Nipped off for a few tinnies and off we set...

A nightmare trip in one of those Old Transits sitting on a coruggated metal floor.Felt every bump,and couldnt see out the back window when you sat down.

Needed another carry out at Forfar to ease the suffering    :spaz: (hic)

A good win though,shite game IIRC. led onto my fave SC final.

Only higlights I can find.Were in that bounce somewhere  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUmBhyF7JSM

• 3 weeks later...

The Bayern game in 08, was a cracking game, my eldest was then 12 and had never experienced nothing like it and asked why it wasn't like that every game  :-\  I mind the kids got these things at the game which made a noise and a wifie in front complained to the police.

I think it was on this day back in 2006, we beat the huns 2-0. A very cold night with snow falling The Greek defender they used to have had one of the worst games I have ever seen at Pittodrie, he was hopeless and boy did we let him know it. I also mind a hun scumbag headbutted  a guy going home from his work on Market Street and around 12 plods across the road never saw a thing and would have done nothing until the minky hun chunt started we somebody else about a minute later but got a swift kicking, but he still managed to escape Aberdeens finest.

• 1 month later...