Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Does Ryan Jack Get Back In?

As the title suggests... does Ryan walk back into the team this weekend?

I'll guarantee you he will but no way does he deserve to!

I've had no faith in him now for over two years. You watch him closely... he hasn't a clue what to do when we don't have the ball, doesn't know if he should be filling space, tracking runners or closing down his man. He is always available to take the ball but that's not enough.

I was a big fan of the young Ryan Jack but he's totally lost what he had, he's a waste of a shirt, he's certainly no captain and the team performs better without him in it. In my opinion.

Agree.

Jack's biggest attribute is that he rarely passes the ball to the opposition in a league where most teams can't string 3 or 4 passes together. He also makes himself available more often than most before invariably making a short nothing ball to a team mate.

I expect a quality midfielder to have some requisite skills (other than not fucking up) including making telling passes, creating goals, reading and intercepting opposition moves and throwing in a goal now and again. I expect a captain to lead by example and show hunger, desire and fight, qualities Jack simply doesn't have.

A total waste of space despite early promise. Another talent totally mismanaged.

Might compliment the hard experienced midfielder were looking for like Robson did.

Dont think captaincy suits him,or he wants it,but wouldnt write him or any of tje current squad yet,if we play them the way that suits them

Cant think of that missing midfielder that would be available tho...

Agree.

Jack's biggest attribute is that he rarely passes the ball to the opposition in a league where most teams can't string 3 or 4 passes together. He also makes himself available more often than most before invariably making a short nothing ball to a team mate.

I expect a quality midfielder to have some requisite skills (other than not fucking up) including making telling passes, creating goals, reading and intercepting opposition moves and throwing in a goal now and again. I expect a captain to lead by example and show hunger, desire and fight, qualities Jack simply doesn't have.

A total waste of space despite early promise. Another talent totally mismanaged.

All of this.

Saturday the most inexplicable yet.

I have concluded, the only reason for this must play when fit scenario, it is in his contract. What other explanation can there be?

I'm at the stage where I'd be quite happy to see him move on. Although not to another club in Scotland. I remember being delighted when he signed his new contract. He's not been the same player since. Bar an isolated really good showing or two in our European games. Being relieved of the captaincy would do him a power of good I reckon.

Jack bought into the keep possession type of player but to him this means going sideways and backwards which untimately does little for us. Despise Scott Brown but he also is this type of passer but he brings the physical, leadership, drive, and motivation too. Jack is not a strong defensive midfielder and he gets exposed in the middle of the park - that gaping hole in front of our back 4 that has been evident most of the season. He's not a ball winner or scrapper either. He's also not an attacking midfielder - doesn't get goals or assists, or play killer attacking passes. Ultimately I see little value in him.

I'd argue Shinnie gives us more with his drive and leadership but he should be our left back. McLean is the better attacker. I just don't see the point in keeping Jack and if he stays see him following the career path of Pawlett - potential that never kicked on.