Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Holidays 2017

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing booked yet but looking at Crete for August. Loved Rhodes and i hear Crete is better so there you go, Crete it shall be. Any suggestions about where to stay / go would be appreciated.

Wife and son are away to Tenerife on 28th Dec for a week. I get home from offshore on 30th so that's nice.  :-\

Big pressure on my daughter to look after the house and two dogs for 2 days, she'll be 17 in Jan. She has been warned!

Generally -25 or -30 deg. C here in winter so off to Hawaii (Honolulu) for a couple of weeks in January.  Place we are staying just about 100 yards fae Waikiki.  Sun, sand cold beer and the odd Mai Tai.  Magic.  Also off to Oz in March.  Sydney, Cairns and Melbourne, canna wait for that, maybe meet up with some fellow Dandies for a beer.  :thumbsup:

Not got anything planned holiday wise, but I've got a two day party between the 28th and 30th December. Some 16 year old girl, parents away, should be good.

:eek: Hemmin Rico dinna do that to me... i'm nervous enough as it is at the thought.

I might just have to play the 'compassionate card' on boxing day.

:eek: Hemmin Rico dinna do that to me... i'm nervous enough as it is at the thought.

I might just have to play the 'compassionate card' on boxing day.

Aye, it felt weird even just joking about it if I'm honest. If you've brought her up well, she'll have a quiet party with friends and ony boys come near her, she'll kick them in the steens.

I booked the campervan on the eurostar on the 19th December. Planning going richt through France and going down the Spanish coast.  Stopping in Barcelona, maybe Valencia then just go where ever I fancy.  Going myself and it's a kind of dummy run to see how much I enjoy it.  If I get on fine then I'm taking 6 months off work next summer and doing a big tour via Holland, Germany and hopefully as far as Slovenia as I loved my time over there for the Europa tie. Beautiful country.

I booked the campervan on the eurostar on the 19th December. Planning going richt through France and going down the Spanish coast.  Stopping in Barcelona, maybe Valencia then just go where ever I fancy.  Going myself and it's a kind of dummy run to see how much I enjoy it.  If I get on fine then I'm taking 6 months off work next summer and doing a big tour via Holland, Germany and hopefully as far as Slovenia as I loved my time over there for the Europa tie. Beautiful country.

My fiancées brother and a few mates piped their way around Europe a couple of summers ago in a camper van, sounded like a riot... something I always wished I'd done before graduating. Enjoy!  :thumbsup:

I'll take the wife to Amsterdam for a weekend in the new year, get away from the kids.

Havent booked the summer one yet but the oldest is at the point where he'll want to start staying at home when we go away so maybe the broch or Elginso we're not that far away from the little shit  ;D

Last year we took our kids on what may be the last holiday with us for some time. I came out in a bad rash, nearly had sun stroke, cut the tip of my finger off in a door and got atrial fibrillation at Paphos airport. My daughter said "that's it, Im not going on holiday with you two again!" (ungrateful sod  :laughing:) and the loons more than happy to stay home, so it's a win win. We can book cheaper holidays out of school holiday times and pay for two instead of four means twice as many holidays!