Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Englandshire v Scotland

Jute

Squad announced for this one. Cunt Brown is back in and still no call up for Shinnie despite him and Wallace being the only fit Scottish left backs in the world.

Goalkeepers

Craig Gordon (Celtic)

Jack Hamilton (Heart of Midlothian)

David Marshall (Hull City)

Defenders

Christophe Berra (Ipswich Town)

Gordon Greer (Blackburn Rovers)

Grant Hanley (Newcastle United)

Stephen Kingsley (Swansea City)

Russell Martin (Norwich City)

Callum Paterson (Hearts)

Lee Wallace (Rangers)

Midfielders

Ikechi Anya (Derby County)

Barry Bannan (Sheffield Wednesday)

Scott Brown (Celtic)

Oliver Burke (Red Bull Leipzig)

Darren Fletcher (West Bromwich Albion)

James Forrest (Celtic)

James McArthur (Crystal Palace)

John McGinn (Hibernian)

James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion)

Matt Ritchie (Newcastle United)

Robert Snodgrass (Hull City)

Forwards

Steven Fletcher (Sheffield Wednesday)

Leigh Griffiths (Celtic)

Chris Martin (Derby County)

Steven Naismith (Norwich City)

Have a ticket for Wembley but Broon thing is pushing me towards not attending.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBF if it means Barry Bannan doesn't get a game i'm all for Broon starting, although i do understand the dissatisfaction with his inclusion.

Steven Fletcher MUST have pictures of Strachan and McGhoo 69ing each other.... it's the only explanation to his inclusion.

I fear the worst i really do.

Plus i believe we'll be wearing the pink strip again.... it's enough to make you cry.

TBF if it means Barry Bannan doesn't get a game i'm all for Broon starting, although i do understand the dissatisfaction with his inclusion.

Steven Fletcher MUST have pictures of Strachan and McGhoo 69ing each other.... it's the only explanation to his inclusion.

I fear the worst i really do.

Plus i believe we'll be wearing the pink strip again.... it's enough to make you cry.

Pink strip was confirmed on SSN the other day.

I've said it on the other place and I'll say it here, not even the build up of a squad announcement has seen any rekindling of the passion for international fitba in me.

This one should be a hit the pub and get totally tanked, nervously watching and hoping, no, praying like fuck that those nigel fuckers don't beat us.

I just don't seem to be able to give a fuck.

It's a sad, sad state of affairs.

Pink strip was confirmed on SSN the other day.

More on the strip from the BBC site today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37597392

"When pressed further on the controversial luminous strip, Scotland manager Strachan re-iterated his support for its continued use, and confirmed that his plans for the upcoming match against old rivals England didn't stop there;

"I talked this through last night with Mark (McGhee) and, although possibly unpopular with some areas of the press, we have decided to stick with the strip as planned, as we feel it plays to the strengths of a terrific and exciting Scotland squad full of mostly Scottish players.  I understand this may not be to everyone's tastes, but tactically this is the right move for us at this time.  This is especially so for the England game, we want to make doubly sure of the strip's impact, so at Wembley we intend to have every player run out wearing a giant pink see you jimmy hat, in the hope that the combined effect of the hat and the strip render the opposition team immobile through uncontrollable laughter.  This should then give the outstanding Martin a clear run at an empty goal for the entire match, and we calculate that this way he should get enough efforts in over the 90 minutes to hit the target at least once and hopefully score.  Unless he's unlucky, in which case we'll come away with a good point."

Charlie Mulgrew called up.  :hammer:

Yes, we heard this a few hours ago.

And what we discussed - in the pub, in real life - was that this was typical Strachan.

The amount of games Mulgrew has played for his club in recent months disqualifies him from consideration.

The fact that Strachan is a small man who covets loyalty and familiarity is proven beyond reasonable doubt.

He never got the concept of picking the best players for the right occasion.

He's had to fight his whole life, given his obvious disadvantages.

He just never learned when to stop. Fud. But unlike others from that shit city, he at least did something.

Not saying that Mulgrew is good or anything. However Mulgrew with 2 broken legs is still better than f@ckin Russell Martin and Grant Hanley.

Has anyone checked if O' Conner has a Scottish granny hidden away somewhere? Second thoughts  don't bother. Strachan is probably checking out Clint Hill's genealogy as we speak...

I can sense you're really looking forward to the trip now aren't you jute? At least you won't have to walk around London with a penguin for this away game  ;)

Never been as under whelmed about an away game. Expect to get beat and not really to bothered about it. Hardly anyone left from old crowd who used to meet on trips going so not even got the diversion of a few beers with mates this time. Just have to make do with throwing empty beer bottles at Manc's office.

There is a squad from work going to the pub to watch the game.

Me?? I'm staying in and watching a re run of Watercolour challenge.

Seriuosly, I will watch the game, but i know we are going to get well and truly pumped 5 or 6 - nil

I will be putting England onto win -3.5 goals

There is a squad from work going to the pub to watch the game.

Me?? I'm staying in and watching a re run of Watercolour challenge.

Seriuosly, I will watch the game, but i know we are going to get well and truly pumped 5 or 6 - nil

I will be putting England onto win -3.5 goals

Thing is though, England are shite at the moment. 

And Scotland are ....... that's right, utter bollocks and are going to get well and truly pumped, mark my words.

Oh aye, I know.  As I've said previously, I will try to avoid the game although colleagues at work have asked to watch it with me...

I fear it, but given how 2016 has gone, stranger and illogical things have happened.