Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

New enthusiasms

Isn't it great when you come across a new concept, a new idea, a new brand of clothing or footwear, a new food, a new restaurant, a new person, a new activity, a new feature on your latest car, a new function in the latest technology, a new anything that you fall in love with?

Tony and Carmella were so enthusiastic they were happy to pay 40 bucks for a small piece of uncooked fish flown from the other side of the world at their new-found restaurant. Isn't enthusiasm itself wonderful?

My latest is refrigerated oranges.

At breakfast at some B & B in Lytham, they served a fruit platter at breakfast. The orange segments had obviously come straight from the fridge. Not a fruit I really got enthusiastic about previously but straight out the fridge, they are wonderful. I'll have 4 or 5 a week nowadays.

What's your latest new-found enthusiasm?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon i could beat that for boring Buc.

A few months ago me, the Mrs and the kids were in a nice restaurant down at Pitlochery and with our wine we got a big glass bottle of water which had came out a near freezing fridge. It had one of those Grolsch style caps attached and i don't know what it was about it but the water tasted better than the wine.

Bought myself one as soon as i got home and it gets presented on the dinner table every night along with supper. Water defo tastes better like that.

Word of warning tho... don't srink too much of the stuff or it could kill ye.  ;)

Isn't it great when you come across a new concept, a new idea, a new brand of clothing or footwear, a new food, a new restaurant, a new person, a new activity, a new feature on your latest car, a new function in the latest technology, a new anything that you fall in love with?

Tony and Carmella were so enthusiastic they were happy to pay 40 bucks for a small piece of uncooked fish flown from the other side of the world at their new-found restaurant. Isn't enthusiasm itself wonderful?

My latest is refrigerated oranges.

At breakfast at some B & B in Lytham, they served a fruit platter at breakfast. The orange segments had obviously come straight from the fridge. Not a fruit I really got enthusiastic about previously but straight out the fridge, they are wonderful. I'll have 4 or 5 a week nowadays.

What's your latest new-found enthusiasm?

Simmie for the nice, wee sopranos nod  :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

The wife spotted this in a window today so we bought it: -

acacia.jpg

Problem is, it doesn't fit with any of our rosewood and beech-stained pear wood stuff.

Sod it, it's too good not to make room for. Acacia wood from India. And best of all, less than a hunner quid.

They seen you coming! Less than a tener then i would of said nothing

acacia.jpg

Problem is, it doesn't fit with any of our rosewood and beech-stained pear wood stuff.

Sod it, it's too good not to make room for. Acacia wood from India. And best of all, less than a hunner quid.

Not to my taste at all, neither is the rug but I'm sure you'd feel the same about my mininmalist style, moder living room with clean lines, white walls and high gloss white furnature.

It does look very tactile though so I get the stroking and you dont get much in quality furnature for that sort of money these days.

Not to my taste at all, neither is the rug but I'm sure you'd feel the same about my mininmalist style, moder living room with clean lines, white walls and high gloss white furnature.

It does look very tactile though so I get the stroking and you dont get much in quality furnature for that sort of money these days.

No, I'm with you on minimalism. We're just waiting on planning permission to flatten a fifty year old hoose on a magic plot with North Sea views and building from scratch.

The rug will survive the transition as will the acacia piece. At least one of our new rooms will be dedicated to old wood. Collecting sleepers and all sorts of deadwood for the change. It's like we are collecting ingredients before designing the whole but lots of ideas taking shape.

No, I'm with you on minimalism. We're just waiting on planning permission to flatten a fifty year old hoose on a magic plot with North Sea views and building from scratch.

The rug will survive the transition as will the acacia piece. At least one of our new rooms will be dedicated to old wood. Collecting sleepers and all sorts of deadwood for the change. It's like we are collecting ingredients before designing the whole but lots of ideas taking shape.

What you looking to build? Are you going traditional or doing the whole grand designs thing?

There was a cracker of a house built a few weeks ago on it. The guy did wood bending and clad the whole house in wood he bent himself. Amazing to look at, doubt that would last long with a sea view though!

What you looking to build? Are you going traditional or doing the whole grand designs thing?

There was a cracker of a house built a few weeks ago on it. The guy did wood bending and clad the whole house in wood he bent himself. Amazing to look at, doubt that would last long with a sea view though!

We have a vision of what we want. Starting to think this plot isn't big enough unless we can buy next door and that might become a possibility in the next couple of years. May end up putting up a kit house and moving on. Depends on the local economy and market.

At our age, we feel there's only one major build left in us. It all depends but lovely working on the possibilities.

• 3 months later...

acacia.jpg

Far's at fae min? Exactly what I'm needing for beside my reading recliner.

Far's at fae min? Exactly what I'm needing for beside my reading recliner.

Stonehaven. The other side of the river on the same side of the road as the Carron chipper. Some magic stuff in there, cheap as chips.

That piece hasn't got a home in our home yet. Doesn't match our stuff. But not seeking to flog it. We will fit it in one day somehow.

My newest enthusiasm is cheese, or more specifically, cheese-eating accompaniments.

To narrow it down properly, I'm talking about knackebrot.

You want more detail? Ok already, sourdough crisp bread. From Peter's Yard, the original model.

The brits are so stupid, they think Jacobs cream crackers hit the spot. I'm qualified to know. I was one of them for decades.

I never ate much cheese and never more than the equivalent of a packet of cream crackers every 3 or 4 years because the cracker never inspired me and neither did it's staple, cheese.

Now, with 2 or 3 weeks experience, I'm wondering how any cunt can ever eat cheese with oatcakes or JC crackers ever again! They're fucking shite, tasteless garbage to fill the ever-gaping and ever-increasing carb hole.

The thinner water biscuit variety grabbed my attention for a tiny period but get yersel into sourdough crisp bread you cunts. It's fucking awesome.