Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

The Atlantic League

With fresh noises and now what looks to be sold talks and a proper plan in place for an Atlantic League what are your thoughts?

I dont think we should entertain it. Its a league looking at nothing but money and not caring a shite about the fans. Away days to Copenhagen etc instead of Partick may sound good but in reality their will be very few that could afford to travel to the away games regularly and a lot of the banter and rivalries would disappear from the game in that type of league. I cant imagine a board like Pieandbovril appearing and international banter striking up online and those sort of things is part of what makes fitba fun.

If the weegie 2 want to go then let them. Having Rangers out of the league didnt kill our game, most of the clubs in Scotland are now in a better position financially than they were 5 years ago and we've survived the likes of Doncaster incompetence for years now, it would be a chance to press the reset button and for clubs like ourselves and hearts to thrive.

Get them two to feck!

52yxdd.jpg

Inbred hoors

An oldie, but still so so relevant.

Can't live without each other.

The contempt they show the rest of Scottish football knows no limits

I agree get them to fuck

We'll all survive without them on a more even playing field.

What hope does Scottish Football have when those that run the game believe this is the best step forward! im Sorry, but if these guys cant get our game right in a pure Scottish Football format, then they need sacked, pure and simple.

I personally believe, and have said this many times before, that there is nothing wrong with Scottish Football. The authorities are so obsessed with trying to model us on the modern game and the English game, that they have forgotten what football is about altogether. When they restructured the leagues, what did they do? they copied the English format with their Championship, league 1 league to pish. These guys just don't have the ability to be innovative or try something new.

They look at teams like Morton, Dumbarton etc etc and see them as non-entities, when in fact these clubs and many like them, ours included, are clubs steeped in history and tradition. Do we compete at a "top" level, no we don't, but is that really a bad thing? We are so obsessed with TV money, Champions league money etc that we forget about what its all about. 99% of football teams in the world will never make it to the Champions league or make millions in TV money, yet they still exist, they are still supported and those that support them do so with pride. Is the old man that has walks to Palmerston every Saturday and has done for the last 70 years, less important than the toothless hack that turn up 3 times a season to Watch Celtic in the group stage of the CL. Doncaster and Regan would have you think so, because they believe Scottish Football needs it. Its just false, its a lie and we are obsessed with this lie.

We need new innovative people to run our game, who can forget about all the money, change the structure and format in which we operate and try live within our means. lets get back to football, here in Scotland, no English leagues, no Atlantic leagues and move on. If those that desire it so bad really want to go, let them go! We will survive regardless.

If the weegie 2 want to go then let them. Having Rangers out of the league didnt kill our game, most of the clubs in Scotland are now in a better position financially than they were 5 years ago and we've survived the likes of Doncaster incompetence for years now, it would be a chance to press the reset button and for clubs like ourselves and hearts to thrive.

Aye, but is the Atlantic League proposal not seen as a replacement to the chumpions league? I assumed it would have been a midweek league type format, but then again I've not read much about it because anything to do with these organisations tends to raise the blood pressure a bit too much

Aye, but is the Atlantic League proposal not seen as a replacement to the chumpions league? I assumed it would have been a midweek league type format, but then again I've not read much about it because anything to do with these organisations tends to raise the blood pressure a bit too much

Nope, its a proper league. Thats what they've put forward for now.

The NFL at Murrayfield or Hampden. money talks and its a great way to promote the game.

I bet those rich clubs in the champions league could find a way to bring "in" american rich clubs $$$$ they would.

Scottish stadia are too small imo so it won't happen. What's the point when you've got Twickenham and Wembley with capacity's of 80k +?