Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Strange Customs or Superstitions

As the title says, anyone got any weird superstitions or even just long held customs they have to do before attending the fitba?

Me, i like to put a coupon on for the weekend but i will never ever pick the Dons, i'm sure to jinx them if i do.

Another thing i make a habit of doing is to take a screen grab of the Dons line up when announced at 2pm and share it among my group of mates on whatsapp, that's my job, naeb'dy elses.

Also used to have 'unlucky trainers' which were never worn on match days once i sussed them out!

Canna just be me surely?  :redface:

Latest one which I am going to start using for big games on a regular basis is to ensure my 13 year old daughter leaves the house in a stinking bad mood.

Happened twice so far - Dons 2 Celtic 1 (Quinn 90th minute winner) and Dons 2 The Rangers 1 (thanks Maddison).

Only problem is the length of the journey to the semi-final - don't fancy putting up with her on the train (easier to ignore the mood when walking)

Was it last year when that International Sausage stand appeared up the back of the Souther, or the year before? Whenever it was, I got one the first game I went to. It wasn't that good, but we won. So I had to get one the next time, and we won again. Repeat for a few weeks.

Eventually I thought, this is daft, I don't even like these sausages. So I didn't bother. That week we went behind to Dundee and only secured a draw thanks to a last second Jack goal (I think).

That sealed it. I had to get one of those bloody sausages every week. And every week my folks would joke about it being the same one I'd got the week before. Worked, though.

I don't know if anyone was quite as happy as me when International Sausage disappeared.

I used to have so many of these growing up through the late 90's right through till calderwood From changing socks, drawers, jackets, Scarfs, badges, breakfast, mornig routine, coupins, walkin route to bus, seat n i bus, aisle,window, who with, what was said, spoke about, programmes bought, pre-match routine, drink, food, you name it, i prob thot it n tried it!

finally grew up n realised none of it was my fault! We were jist shite!

Now in a slightly (un)supersticiously way i do my damnest to nae start any supersticions cause fan i do, we get beat..... And i blame masel.......again!