Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Tonights tipple

manc_don

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We used to have a thread which covered boozing, but thought it was about time we started a new one!

Should be having some of this tonight  :thumbsup:

IDShot_150x300.jpg

Tonight I shall be mainly drinking... water. We're having a teetotal month (well, since Sunday), which is quite hard the first week but by the middle of next week I'll be saying that I'll never drink alcohol again. Then come the 26th and 27th, I'll be choking for a pint and for some red wine.

That's a good choice manc. Pinot Noir my recent fav. Not heavy and delightfully easy to imbibe. NZ overlooked for their reds because the whites from there are so superb.

Get the Vivino App. You can take a picture of any bottle and it tells you all about it including where to get it and average prices. Very useful when preparing to buy a case of your favourite stuff before negotiating with your vintner.

Tonight I shall be mainly drinking... water. We're having a teetotal month (well, since Sunday), which is quite hard the first week but by the middle of next week I'll be saying that I'll never drink alcohol again. Then come the 26th and 27th, I'll be choking for a pint and for some red wine.

That's a good choice manc. Pinot Noir my recent fav. Not heavy and delightfully easy to imbibe. NZ overlooked for their reds because the whites from there are so superb.

Get the Vivino App. You can take a picture of any bottle and it tells you all about it including where to get it and average prices. Very useful when preparing to buy a case of your favourite stuff before negotiating with your vintner.

Haha I haven't much choice since my girlfriend (kiwi) barely buys anything else these days. Not that I'm complaining mind, love their wines, especially their pinot noirs!  Will check that app out. Cheers for the heads up!  :thumbsup:

Old enough to remember when wine was for women and toasts at a wedding.

Changed days now though. Pretty partial to a drop of the red stuff myself now. Tend to prefer a nice Spanish Rioja or A Chilean one. Not really into traditional French or Italian reds though.

Old enough to remember when wine was for women and toasts at a wedding.

Changed days now though. Pretty partial to a drop of the red stuff myself now. Tend to prefer a nice Spanish Rioja or A Chilean one. Not really into traditional French or Italian reds though.

Me old enough too.

French and Italian my favourites. Was sitting next to a girl from Burgundy at Abz airport departure gate early this a.m., waiting for a flight that ultimately never happened and one of the subjects we discussed was wine. The variety is so vast, even in one region that you can't write off all the Bordeauxs, the Burgundys, the Chiantis, Sangioveses and Brunellos without at least trying them. For something different, try Barolo or something really different, Amarone.