Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

camera repair

Elgindon

Was in the hills a couple of weeks ago,and had a tumble while crossing a stream.Apart fae getting soaked >:(,I had my camera in one hand,and it went briefly underwater.It was switched off,but I made the mistake of trying it out later that day to see if it was working(apparently its best to try drying it out first before starting).It wasnt working,and so set about trying to get it dried out(submerged in rice,bit of hairdrier,left in the airing cupboard)

Camera seems to be able to take pictures normally,zoom etc,but it seems to be shorting,ie the flash goes off at will.And the on/off switch doesnt work.Comes on by itself when you insert a battery  ???

Having looked online,the prospects are pessimistic for repair.Reluctant to chuck it out yet since its quite new(Canon powershot SX280).  Any techy types on here think it may be salvagable,or know a whizz kid worth giving a call 

Cheers.

Sounds goosed im afraid. They are temperamental bastards of things at the best of times, so water doesnt go well. I once took my camera to the beach and managed to grains of sand in the lens. Fooked it completely and had to buy a new zoom lens. The guts of £200 wasnt the best of feelings.

Had similar issues with a previous powershot, although I don't think it was down to the camera. Managed to get some dust or dirt in the lens and it was completely fucked. The problem with point and shoot cameras, if one bit goes wrong it generally costs more to fix it than buy a new one!