Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Stevie May

I see Stevie May is expected to make his come back from cruciate ligament damage this month for PNE.

Hopefully he makes a full recovery and can get back to the player he once was.

I'd love to see him at the Dons and reckon a fit SM should be a guaranteed starter for Scotland.

Good luck WTFISM

I never thought he was that good. Well, he was decent. However, I'm certain he reached his peak at St Johnstone. Worked very hard to get there mind, but I just didn't see any avenues for him to go down to become a better player. Think he'll be back up in Scotland afore long, where he'll be more suited to the game. Didn't have the pace and/or strength for the brutal English lower leagues. Good finisher though, and could do a lot worse. Good luck to the loon.

Would May be any better than Rooney or Stockley though ?  Would rather see a Scott McDonald type of nippy striker, mind you i thought Myles Storey was & he never seems to get a sniff.

I was always well impressed by him, love watching direct players who are willing to take a shot on early and that's what he does imo.

Also, i work with a Boro fan who is a season ticket holder there and he raved about him when Boro lost at the Riverside to Sheff Wed in one of May's first games there.

He did seem to drop out the scene really quickly then to have the cruiciate damage, it's probably looking like a short career down south.  :violin:

That’s a long time he’s been out injured.

Good luck to him in finding his form again.

Like others have said, I didn’t think he was particularly great, but he seemed to know the route to goal – scoring all sorts. He kind of reminded me of Diego Molito at Inter in that sense; he scored, but it was always a hard shift for him.

Hats off to him for doing the business up through the lower leagues in Scotland as well. He’s an example to follow!

I thought he was a very good striker, took his chances well, probably lacked a little bit of pace to make it really big, but I hope for his sake he makes it back.

I would have liked to have seen him at Aberdeen, at least he didn't do the obvious and sign for one of the OF.