Author Topic: Heavy Metal - (Donsdaft exlcuded)  (Read 3460 times)

Offline Jormungand

• Under 16's
  • Rating: 0
Re: Heavy Metal - (Donsdaft exlcuded)
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2016, 02:55:50 PM »
Here's my personal theme music, featuring, without a shadow of a doubt, the greatest vocals ever recorded:

Hey! The Youtube link brings up the video right there in the post - we've arrived in the future, loons!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 02:57:22 PM by Jormungand »

Offline simarooskimoose

• Under 16's
  • Rating: 2
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2016, 03:17:54 PM »
I liked some of the rather heavier metal when I was a bit younger. Stuff like Lamb of God, Amon Amarth, Vader.
Still quite enjoy bands like Iron Maiden, especially if I have to walk to work quickly, but mostly listen to instrumental post-rock style stuff now (can't really be arsed with singing in music at all). Still sometimes err on the heavy side, the likes of Russian Circles and Alpha Male Tea Party - would highly recommend either of those to folk, the latter have a song called 'You Eat Humous, Of Course You Listen To Genesis' which features more great riffs than most bands manage in their careers.

Offline Skelp

• Under 16's
  • Rating: 0
    • My DJ mixes
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2016, 03:44:34 PM »
I'm assuming these are all bands.
Fuck me I'm getting auld  :hammer:

Never heard of one of them.

Like I said, I'm a bit of a thrash geek! It's definitely not an age thing, I'm no spring chicken masel.

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
  • Rating: 194
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2016, 03:57:14 PM »

Hey! The Youtube link brings up the video right there in the post - we've arrived in the future, loons!

Enjoy  :thumbsup:
Steve warm his seat up

Offline cupidstunt

• Bench Warmer
  • Rating: 18
  • It's all done in the best possible taste
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2016, 08:16:54 AM »
I still enjoy a little bit of Iron Maiden, Phantom of the Opera is a classic. Saw them live at the capital, Eddie coming on stage back then was a technical marvel.

Also saw Motorhead live. They were amazing.

These days I'm more likely to be found listening to rap and hip hop. Roots Manuvas newish album is the weapon of choice in the car.
Oh do shut up darling

Offline Mr Grim

• Under 16's
  • Rating: 2
    • Pretty Grim
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2016, 11:44:17 AM »
UFO were one of my favourite heavy bands. Saw them twice at Capitol in late 70's. Best gigs I have ever been at. Motorhead were a close second.
T-shirts & gifts for the chosen few. http://www.prettygrim.co.uk/products

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 75
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2016, 02:12:03 PM »
SOAD... I used to listen to them a lot, but didn't realise they were still on the go. At the time they broke into the mainstream, I was mostly listening to Nu-Metal bands like Linkin Park, Papa Roach etc etc. Some good times back in the early 2000's  :headbanger:

I think they're touring again next year?  Sure I read that somewhere on the net last week

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 118
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2017, 07:51:54 AM »
I'm assuming these are all bands.
Fuck me I'm getting auld  :hammer:

Never heard of one of them.

You're probably right, Al. Fucking tremendous live band as well we all know but as less will admit. ;) But the funny thing is that back in 2001 whilst Yellow was being over-played I was, along with many of the lads in this thread, listening to the same metal (as well as Hip Hop and Nu-metal) and I strongly disliked Coldplay (and the song Yellow) until I saw them (and the song) play(ed) live. Been hooked ever since.  :thumbsup:

A lot of good bands being mentioned here. I like a few Sepultura songs (as well as Soulfly). Had a mate who listened to them a lot. Kerrang of the late 90s/early 00s was excellent.