Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Heavy Metal - (Donsdaft exlcuded)

Stupie82

So, who likes their heavy metal bands on here? New stuff, old stuff, a mix of both?

Its hard to know what is construed as 'Heavy Metal' these days, but not so many decent up and coming bands coming through. Melodic Rock is a decent enough site for listening to newer bands, but find many just try to copy other bands, rather than be innovative.

Massive GNR and Metallica fan myself... will hopefully see GNR in Europe next year, with the original line up or close to it anyway  :thumbsup:

I,m a fan oh most music as long as its new and different, probably lean towards punk/rock more. Just been to see Luca brasi and new band called Rag n' Bone in last month (perth,Oz). If you youtube them, some might find them interesting! I'm open to recommendations oh the heavy metal kind to educate my soul?

Massive GNR and Metallica fan myself... will hopefully see GNR in Europe next year, with the original line up or close to it anyway  :thumbsup:

Would love to see them live.  Been a favorite of mine for many a year. Load, black album, Master of Puppets and the S&M albums were epic.  Enjoyed GNR but only certain tunes, probably the classics in fairness!

You've just inspired my afternoons listening  :headbanger:

Is there some sort oh like button on this forum? System of a down are still a band i listen to fan i need to cure a sare heed and a mountain oh paper work on ma desk at work! Good stress bustin tunes!

Simmie and Durrant function underneath your avatar.  Good guy / wank mode essentially!  :thumbsup:

as im in my 40s i was blessed to see all the big bands live, the best was the hatrick of Sepultura gigs at the barrowlands 91,92,93 at their haydays.

Anathema, my dying bride, carcass, obituary, cemetary (excellent german band- split up now) megadeath, Seeing iron maiden next year ! :D) Uber gig where i broken my ankle, donnington 1992 AC-DC. megadeath motley crue played.

But alas too old now for running around drinking, throwing myself off a stage. I mellow out now with Anathema, my dying bride.

Saw Maiden a few years back at the AECC. They are one my all time favourites, but they were poor that night. Wasn't too much crowd interaction and seemed to go through the motions. It was not helped by the fact the AECC is awful for listening to live music in. That said, the warm-up act, Airbourne, were fantastic. Was also let down by the fact they played only one tune from ' A Matter of Life and Death". Bloody love that album!!

Always been into the heavier side of music although not entirely. Not keeping up with the newer bands on the scene but will deffo be buying the new Metallica album in November and hoping for a tour from them in the new year. Seen them many times before but they are well worth the effort and expense for the spectacle they put on. Maybe they will do another Download festival at Glasgow Green. That was a good day without having the hassle of heading to Donington, Reading or some such like far flung venue.

SOAD are one of those bands I haven't seen live yet so hopefully soon. Faith No More as well. Both bands have some excellent songs.

I think metal has evolved and grown so much that 'heavy metal' is, nowadays, basically a sub-genre of metal as a whole. I'm not such a fan of it, although I do love Judas Priest.

Black metal reigns supreme for me. Anything with some guy shrieking like a demon over a guitar sounding like knives scraping bones with machine gun drumming does me fine.

I'm a massive Thrash geek. Apart from the Big 4, I'm also a fan of Suicidal Tendencies, Overkill, Sepultura, Vektor, Exodus, Lich King, Amon Amarth (I could go on for ages like!)

Having emigrated to Glasgow from The Deen a decade ago I get the opportunity to see a load of these bands without having to travel too far. Best gig was Anthrax playing at The Cathouse last November - seeing them play in such a small venue was something special. Have high hopes for the new Metallica album, but then again I had high hopes before they released Load. And St. Anger. And fucking Lulu.

I'm a massive Thrash geek. Apart from the Big 4, I'm also a fan of Suicidal Tendencies, Overkill, Sepultura, Vektor, Exodus, Lich King, Amon Amarth (I could go on for ages like!)

I'm assuming these are all bands.

Fuck me I'm getting auld  :hammer:

Never heard of one of them.

So if you lads want to share your chosen genre of music, please feel free to post in here.

Sure you'll get a right good laugh at what old fuckers like me listen to these days.

Be warned thst Tyrant has probably posted some Coldplay in there  ;)

I liked some of the rather heavier metal when I was a bit younger. Stuff like Lamb of God, Amon Amarth, Vader.

Still quite enjoy bands like Iron Maiden, especially if I have to walk to work quickly, but mostly listen to instrumental post-rock style stuff now (can't really be arsed with singing in music at all). Still sometimes err on the heavy side, the likes of Russian Circles and Alpha Male Tea Party - would highly recommend either of those to folk, the latter have a song called 'You Eat Humous, Of Course You Listen To Genesis' which features more great riffs than most bands manage in their careers.

I still enjoy a little bit of Iron Maiden, Phantom of the Opera is a classic. Saw them live at the capital, Eddie coming on stage back then was a technical marvel.

Also saw Motorhead live. They were amazing.

These days I'm more likely to be found listening to rap and hip hop. Roots Manuvas newish album is the weapon of choice in the car.