Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

BigAls home team a.k.a Ayrshire huns - Dons - Sat

Team should be nice a rested after the luxury of having 6 days between games this week!  As others have touched in various match day threads now, I really wish McInnes would start playing to our own strengths and forget about the opposition.  The team that started Sundays match (Pawlett aside) is probably the one that should be starting this one.  Possibly give McGinn a rest and play burns instead as Burns has done well every time I've seen him and McGinn can't physically play every game.  Killie are shit, bordering hun shit, but the difference being they can score goals.  So our defence will have to have their wits about them.  Would love us to play 4-4-2 in this one...

In/Out: Out

Prematcher: Some field in Perthshire

match: Probably puking during zorb football

Postmatcher: Feeling amused at bouncing TC into the loch :) Beers to celebrate  :thumbsup:

Prediction: 2-0 dons, Rooney and Burns

Think we need to shake things up a little in this one. I'd take Burns in for McGinn and Storie in for MacLean. Maddison's a youngster who probably doesn't need to be playing every week, so I'd rest him and give Pawlett another go on a surface that suits his pace. Like to see an early appearance for Storey too if possible, as I think this surface is more suited to quick players than the more direct option of Stockley. A lot of players to keep happy and important to give guys like Storie an opportunity as regularly as possible so that he can fill in when the inevitable injuries occur.

Shocking title Manc  ;)

In

Golf

Away End

Home

3-1 (Rooney, McLean & Logan)

Agree about Hayes, don't think it is worth risking him om that surface.

Get Burns on from the start in his place.

Also wonder if we might actually see Storie & Storey at some point tomorrow.

Goalies union on the penalty

Looks like a standard free kick to the goalie all day. McDonald comes for the ball and loses it when Maddison collides with him. He does catch maddison as he falls back but free kick should have been awarded before that happened and certainly didnt warrant a yellow card for anyone.

I also suspect had McGinn or Rooney been following up and scored with the loose ball Collum would have ruled it out a given killie the free kick.

Is Collum perhaps looking to make up for the Hamilton match 2 seasons back?

Having watch the RedTV highlights, I don't see how he gave it.  Maybe he actively took him down after he'd spilled the ball but I would be fuming if that was Lewis.  Killie are fucked, and I mean proper fucked.

Shame Rooney completely fucked up his first one on one after some brilliant play in the middle of the park, could have been a contender for goal of the month had that gone in.

I know it's only Killie, but we looked much better and more composed.  Wish it wasn't the international break, as usual it's come as we have started to find some form.  Very pleased for Hayes and Rooney that they got drafted into the full ROI squad though.