Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Malta v Scotland

BigAl

If anyone actually gives a flying fuck about this, then here's the squad

The Scottish Football Association has announced the Scotland squad for the game in Malta at the start of September.

Goalkeepers

Craig Gordon (Celtic)    Jack Hamilton (Heart of Midlothian)David Marshall (Cardiff City)Defenders

Christophe Berra (Ipswich Town)    Gordon Greer (Blackburn Rovers)    Grant Hanley (Newcastle United)    Alan Hutton (Aston Villa)Russell Martin (Norwich City)Callum Paterson (Heart of Midlothian)Andrew Robertson (Hull City)Kieran Tierney (Celtic)Midfielders

Ikechi Anya (Watford)Barry Bannan (Sheffield Wednesday)Oliver Burke (Nottingham Forest)Darren Fletcher (West Bromwich Albion)James Forrest (Celtic)    James McArthur (Crystal Palace)Kevin McDonald (Fulham)John McGinn (Hibernian)Barrie McKay (Rangers)James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion)Matt Ritchie (Newcastle United)Robert Snodgrass (Hull City)

ForwardsSteven Fletcher (Sheffield Wednesday)Leigh Griffiths (Celtic)Chris Martin (Derby County)Steven Naismith (Norwich City)

Who the fuck is Oliver Burke? And why is he, hun boy or bannan better than Fraser, or Arfield, or Rhodes, or McCormack, or Shinnie, or Jack?

And Jack fuckin Hamilton? The boy looked average at best. Fit aboot young Neil Alexander?

This is why I don't give a fuck about our "national" side anymore. Pretty sure it's not the "best" 27 (or whatever) available, could be missing several of the "top 10" we could pick, hey ho, a mighty 1-0 shitfest win v Malta awaits

Who the fuck is Oliver Burke? And why is he, hun boy or bannan better than Fraser, or Arfield, or Rhodes, or McCormack, or Shinnie, or Jack?

And Jack fuckin Hamilton? The boy looked average at best. Fit aboot young Neil Alexander?

I genuinely couldn't give two shits about the Scotland team anymore. It's just an inconvenience now that stops the domestic season. It's a farce that Shinnie isn't in the squad, let alone mccormack or arfield. But are you really surprised or bothered?

I genuinely couldn't give two shits about the Scotland team anymore. It's just an inconvenience now that stops the domestic season. It's a farce that Shinnie isn't in the squad, let alone mccormack or arfield. But are you really surprised or bothered?

Not massively. I went to a couple of the games in the last campaign, but won't bother with this one at all. The only thing that does annoy is that I expect(ed) better of Strachan. He left Middlesborough and criticised his own performance and didn't take a pay off to which he was entitled. I assumed he'd be the type to learn from his mistakes and seek to improve himself. He must've learned at Georgia away that "picking the players that haven't let me down" isn't pertinent to International football. There should be a core team who you rely on of 4-6 players, who are too good to drop, but the rest should be open season. Guys who have been under-performing for months at club level are instantly expected to transform into confident and competent performers the minute they turn out for Scotland. He effectively ignores form. It's a sign of weakness and stubbornness. I'd expect it of McGhee, but I genuinely didn't mind Strachan before he got the Scotland gig, now I think he's just a cock. His comments about the game in this country should be sackable offence also.

I gave up caring many years ago, even before the current useless cunt known as Strachan got the gig.

Led to many an argument with my younger son, but even he has got to the stage where he barely watches a Scotland game.

Strachan, is a stubborn  little man with major attitude and a "fuck you" manner.

Totally incapable of seeing his glaring mistakes and inadequacies, trying to pass it all off with his own personal brand of humour which I would suspect many of us stopped finding remotely funny a long time ago.

His scathing comments re our domestic game just said it all to me.

Will forever continue to be an integral part of our club's greatest ever team, but on a personal basis a complete cock of a human being

I'd actually let him away with Hamilton, as the boy has played for Scotland at every age group since fifteen.

Can't say personally that he looked that fantastic when I saw him, but guess he is going along for the ride to pick up experience and guess it is a department we need to plan for the future. McGregor now at Fleetwood Town I believe, Gordon hasn't looked too clever so far this season which leaves Marshall. Could be between the boy Hamilton if he develops and Bain to become the regular third keeper in future squads.

Each to their own of course but I'll be in Malta and England though that'll be the last aways for a while.

Not really sure who else could be selected as 3rd choice keeper as once you get away from Marshall, Gordon and McGregor there doesn't seem much to choose from. McGregor is out for 4-6 months so obviously no longer an option.

Would agree about some of the choices being strange but I've long since given up getting worked up about who is or isn't in the squads. There's definitely a case for Shinnie being in there but with Robertson playing in the EPL and Tierney about to get Champions League football I guess there's a reason they're getting picked first.

Not too sure how we're going to be able to call up the Canadian international Scott Arfield though  ;)

I will be in Malta out of habit more than anything else. Not a chance we are qualifying with Strachen and McGhee at the helm. Squad is as expected a mixture of lower English league reserves and their favourites plus a token cunt from the Tribute Act. Would love to know what McCormack has done that he is continuley ignored by successive managers.

As with Rhodes as well though he didn't play against sunderland and may be leaving Boro.

I used to look forward to Scotland games but they really don't inspire these days.  GS is sadly making a cunt of it after a reasonable start which reached its pinnacle against the Irish at the San Giro.  The only possible hope they have is that Strachan learns from his tactical blunders from the last campaign.  My big fear is that England will humiliate us, that would hurt regardless of how little you care about the national side.

Pfft, sound shite to me.

Born in Kirkcaldy it seems, so hope we do the decent thing and cap him against Malta.

Mmmm, Chesney to cap the most expensive Scottish player ever......the boy has surely blown his chances by leaving the Championship

For the a oidance of any doubt...... Chesney can fuck right off.

Tierney withdraws and Hun Wallace gets the call.

Don't even start me on the Tony Watt call up.

Zero fucks are given about the Scotland squad. Just filler until the real shit kicks off again against Caley

For the a oidance of any doubt...... Chesney can fuck right off.

Tierney withdraws and Hun Wallace gets the call.

Don't even start me on the Tony Watt call up.

Could be worse Al you could be sitting in Malta reading that news........

The defending is still seriously suspect.

I doubt Lithuania, Slovenia, Slovakia & England will be as kind with their attacking

This.

Also cannot see other teams in the group defending as poorly.

Thought first half we were far to pedestrian although this may have been down to the heat. Better in second half especially when they went down to 10. Maltese were not happy with the ref about the sending off or for playing on when they had a man down in build up to our second. Not sure we would have won so easily if it stayed at 11 a side.

Still was enjoyable to us score 5 in the sun.