Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Brexit Vote

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The level of debate seems right up there with the Scottish Independence referendum and is quite frankly an embarrasment given the decision we are being asked to make.

It looks close to call - polls saying Brexit is a slight favourite, while bookies are saying the opposite.

How will you vote?

I'm not voting.

I usually base my vote on whether or not the system is fair/correct and then if there is a candidate (or answer in this case) I'd like to vote for. For example, I didn't vote in the general election, as I think that by voting in that election you're saying that FPTP is a fair system - endorsing it. In the recent local elections, I voted with a big X through the paper as I think the system is fair(ish) but the candidates were all shite.

This time, I just don't think the referendum should be happening at all. It's a sham, perfectly illustrated by the Conservative party forming sides. There were absolutely no policies in the Conservative general election campaign that relied on being outwith the EU and there are still none. That party should have split up prior to the election and fought on two separate agendas: Conservative In, Conservative Out if you like. These cunts are paid to make decisions on our political structure - that's the only fucking thing they can do. Yet we're supposed to make the decision for them. We don't need referendums for the EU, just as we didn't independence. We need a party to say "these are the policies in our manifesto, and in order to fulfill that manifesto we will be leaving the EU if we are elected". If they get elected with a majority then job done. If we leave the EU then the tories will be dragging us into a whole set of policies that were not even close to what they were voted into government on the back of - i.e. a set of policies that should have been presented as a separate party.

My preference is to leave the EU, but for reasons that haven't even touched the debate (as you say, it's been horrendous) but I have no desire to leave based on the whim of a referendum. When a party appears that states clear policy, and why that policy can't be achieved via membership of the EU (sort of like what UKIP have done) then I'll vote for them. Until then I can't endorse this pish.

Ahh, go on then, if I were hypothetically voting in this referendum, I'd put a big X through the paper. There is such a good case for leaving, but it just isn't being made and I don't think the structural political changes - unlike in the independence referendum - would be enough to sway the case for me, on the basis of future opportunity. I'll vote remain in your poll seeing as it isn't real, and that's pretty much what an X results in.

The number of loonys in the Brexit camp far outweighs those in the Remain camp.  I have postal voted for Remain, but it looks like it'll be a close call.

I genuinely think it seems to be going the way of a leave vote.  There hasn't been an honest debate (not that I think there would be one anyway).  I'm going to vote remain purely because I don't want to be on the same side as Farage.  Obviously I also think we should remain anyway, but there is no way i'd be siding with that cock nosed racist.

I genuinely think it seems to be going the way of a leave vote.  There hasn't been an honest debate (not that I think there would be one anyway).  I'm going to vote remain purely because I don't want to be on the same side as Farage.  Obviously I also think we should remain anyway, but there is no way i'd be siding with that cock nosed racist.

But more than happy to be on the side of Blair and Cameron? Seems a strange way to decide your vote.

But more than happy to be on the side of Blair and Cameron? Seems a strange way to decide your vote.

I know, my comment was more tongue in cheek. I can't get away from the fact that it pains me to side with those arseholes. I believe we are better being part of the EU,  it's just a gut feeling, but I've heard not argument to persuade me otherwise.

Scariest thing about a brexit vote would be boris being a stick on to be PM. I can't stand Cameron and Osborne but he would be even worse.

Voting remain and hoping the majority of Scotland does. Won't be overly pissed off if it is brexit despite that though as it significantly improves the case for independence which remains my no1 political goal.

I'm voting remain, as I like my car being washed, eating fresh fruit, hotel rooms to be clean, offices to be clean, old people being cared for, people in hospital being cared for, supermarket shelves to be stocked, houses being built, factories making stuff....

Interestingly (or not) I have so far this year recruited about 25 Romanians, so unsure if they are getting in before the vote incase they cannot enter if it's leave.

There are only two options. Vote Leave or don't vote at all.

Voting Remain is the preserve of the ignorant and the feeble minded.

I'm with George Carlin this time, I think.

Although given that the EU is one of the biggest mechanisms that they use to steal our money and perpetuate the system, I may well vote on June 23.

The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me.

• 2 weeks later...

Scariest thing about a brexit vote would be boris being a stick on to be PM. I can't stand Cameron and Osborne but he would be even worse.

Voting remain and hoping the majority of Scotland does. Won't be overly pissed off if it is brexit despite that though as it significantly improves the case for independence which remains my no1 political goal.

Yes sir. Exactly as I'm seeing it (apart from voting remain because I haven't decided yet)

I predict sense will prevail and it'll be a vote to remain.

Your "prediction" is not an insight of the future, it's a statement of certainty.

It's not even going to be close, certainly not even 55/45 as the Indy ref was.

There is data to show the possibility of the UK majority voting Leave is zero.

I'm not talking about opinion polls. I'm talking about facts.

When you see how the "campaigns" have been orchestrated and you know the effect it will have on the sheeple, it's nailed on for the status quo. Turkeys voting for Christmas, that's what the majority of UK voters will be. The suppression of the population is only possible with fear, ignorance and complicity of the people. It was ever thus.

There will be some small tokens after Thursday, some meaningless "presents" that we get, perhaps a spike in the £ v. the € or a major infrastructure investment, erroneously presented as an EU investment which had been ready to go but delayed pending the vote.

When you see how the "campaigns" have been orchestrated and you know the effect it will have on the sheeple, it's nailed on for the status quo. Turkeys voting for Christmas, that's what the majority of UK voters will be. The suppression of the population is only possible with fear, ignorance and complicity of the people. It was ever thus.

It certainly does raise the question of whether we were ever being given the opportunity to vote on the EU status. It certainly feels like the WWE of elections.

I've been saying all week it will be 60%+ in favour of remain.

Even 40% of my household remained!

I'm seriously considering the assassination of my eldest two quines.

How I've bred such monstrosities is beyond me.

They wrongly think their Erasmus and Ph.D. in R & D is down to the EU.

It's a fucking shocking state of affairs.

Fuck democracy. We should just kill the opposition. Even within our families.

I've been saying all week it will be 60%+ in favour of remain.

Even 40% of my household remained!

I'm seriously considering the assassination of my eldest two quines.

How I've bred such monstrosities is beyond me.

They wrongly think their Erasmus and Ph.D. in R & D is down to the EU.

It's a fucking shocking state of affairs.

Fuck democracy. We should just kill the opposition. Even within our families.

How did the assassination go? Too late to save them?

I was telling everyone 60/40 too, it's a huge surprise to me. Shows how far removed I am from the average English voter.

Cameron surely to resign at 8am.

Boris. Fucking hell. Seriously.

I just don't get the overwhelming support for the EU in Scotland. It's a pity that couldn't be broken down into Yes and No voter stats. Was it the majority of the 55% who voted to remain, or those who voted yes?

As a Yes voter, I would have felt hypocritical about voting remain. Many of the reasons for voting for independence were entirely apparent in the EU set-up. The only unknown was being left as part of the sordid Boris led fuck up that is the UK, but surely not enough to vote remain.

Interesting times for independence. I think the best thing they can do is sit tight and wait for Boris to take charge. Bide their time, there'll be a better time for a referendum than right now.

From a UK perspective, Cameron gone was obvious, but a good few Blairites trying to get Corbyn out too - cynical cunts. Again, if Corbyn sits tight, those thick cunts that voted to leave for reasons of immigration will head to him when they realise that Johnson and Chancellor Gove (fuck sake) have no interest in their well-being.

How long before Farage resigns having taken UKIP as far as he can, and to independence, before quietly shifting over to a Tory cabinet position. Duplicitous cunt.