Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Transfer News / Gossip

See we've been linked with Alex Schalk from County. Scored plenty of goals but i've not seen anywhere near enough of him to judge.  Any good?  Given that it is in the sun I also think it's shite but that's by the by.

Ross County striker Alex Schalk has refused to say whether he will still be with the Scottish Premiership outfit next season, with Aberdeen one of a number of clubs interested in the 23-year-old Dutchman. (The Sun, print edition)

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 year old that would require a fee being paid

That'll be a no then probably

Having checked with a Dresden supporting mate, he's not heard of him and said if anyone has any talent the club are now in a position to hold onto them or get lots of money for them. So given he left not having made a first team appearance...that said, he lives in Australia now anyway!

Dons chairman Stewart Milne today vowed to back boss Derek McInnes’ bid to push the Old Firm for the Premiership title next season

Speaking at Aberdeen’s annual awards night at the Exhibition and Conference Centre, Milne also pledged his commitment to help the Reds reach the lucrative Europa League group stages.

To fuel the two-pronged attack in domestic and European football, Milne underlined his commitment to deliver the “right reinforcements” to strengthen McInnes’ summer recruitment drive.

Winger Jonny Hayes capped a memorable week by securing the treble of Player of the Season, Goal of the Season and Players’ Player of the Season at the ceremony.

It was further recognition for the Republic of Ireland international who was earlier this week short-listed for the PFA Scotland Player of the Year award.

Milne praised the Reds’ efforts in pushing Celtic for the title and vowed to back McInnes’ quest to be even stronger next season.

He said: “We mounted a serious challenge for the league title.

“If we can help Derek deliver the right reinforcements over the summer we will be geared up as serious challengers for next season.

“And we can maybe take that extra step in Europe in finally making the group stages.”

I'm not sure if I agree with SM here, it was a challenge, but not a serious one as we kept passing up the opportunities to really crank up the pressure.  Season has been a missed opportunity, if they'd dug deep last summer / Christmas I dare say we'd be looking at a different scenario right now.

He better give DM the right backing as it will be tougher next year. That much is guaranteed.

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see from McInnes, this is one of the most important summer's the club has faced in a long time. The league will be tougher next year and I would argue that the lack of investment has seen us finish where we have (and get dumped out of the cups). Two new centre halves, a no1 goalie, midfielder and someone worthy of giving Rooney competition / a partnership. This is exactly what I want to be hearing from DM. And good on him.

Derek McInnes has warned Aberdeen chairman Stewart Milne and his fellow board members that the Pittodrie club’s prospects of mounting another title challenge next season will diminish if they fail to back him in the transfer market this summer.

For the second successive year, Aberdeen’s status as best of the rest behind Celtic was formally confirmed yesterday as Ronny Deila’s reigning champions retained their crown with a 3-2 win over their closest rivals.

Aberdeen manager McInnes was left to bemoan the failure of any other side in the top flight to inflict telling damage on Celtic over the course of the campaign. Deila’s side have lost just three league games all season, two of them against Aberdeen.

McInnes is determined to oversee another serious tilt at the title next season which will see the return of Rangers to the top flight. In what appeared to be a pointed challenge to the Aberdeen hierarchy, he stressed the need for increased financial muscle to do so.

“The directors need to get it,” said McInnes. “We all need to get it. We don’t want to be a club who just wipes its brow and says ‘this is much better than what it has been’. It’s like being a player – if you are not working to improve, then you will become a poorer player. If we don’t work as a club, then we will get worse.

“It is important we have scope in the summer. We know the challenges ahead of us. We know we have to meet those head on.

“It is important we strive for that improvement. To sustain a league challenge we need good players to add to the ones we have got.

“There is a lot to like about my team at the moment but everybody will tell me what I need to bring in.

“We have a team of value on the pitch and a good togetherness. That can take you a long way as long as you keep adding to the quality. Hopefully, we get the backing and the opportunity to do just that. I believed we could have mounted a challenge this year. I thought Celtic would be poorer for losing

Read more: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/aberdeen/derek-mcinnes-tells-aberdeen-back-me-in-transfer-market-1-4122547#ixzz489UQm33H

That's a world first, the first time any AFC manager has challenged the chairman. Well done Derek.

Stewrat Milne is, will be and always has been the heart of the problem. Not that most of the clowns in our support can see this, even though it's staring us all in the face in bright neon.

As the manager has expressed, our squad isn't good enough to win the league. For a club of our resources - actual and potential - and history, not to even try to win it is completely unacceptable.

I didn't see the meaningless fixture yesterday with its predictable result, preferring to enjoy the sunshine on the links of Royal Dublin instead. I didn't even get the wife to record it. So I'm guessing McGinn had a great game?

Nobody's ever denied his quality but there have been debates about his consistency and application. Perfectly reasonable subjects for discussion I would have thought, for any interested party.

Then on Mad they flew a kite and posted that only six of this current squad were good enough to keep if we were to ever mount a serious challenge and that six didn't include McGinn. This was a view I agree with 100%.

In the real world, everybody knows that we won't get rid of all but six this summer and given that I don't expect anyone to come in and offer us decent dough and offer McGinn more than we pay him, it's odds on that one of our most talented footballers will still be here, the most talented arguably, an argument I wouldn't contest.

But rhetoric like we've only got him cos nae other cunt wants him and excusing his failings by somehow saying that he wouldn't be with us if he was the complete article, whilst obviously true, is hugely ironic and misses the whole point of those debates.

The ironical danger is that Milne has won. The unreasonable expectations strategy deployed against us was no accident. It was designed to minimise our expectations and was an insult to the ethos of sport and also to our intelligence. The fact that McGinn had a good game and worked hard in that game yesterday - assuming that was his contribution in the defeat, as I say I never saw it - is no surprise but doesn't change my opinion about him. I've seen him for years, I remember when Langfield was screaming at him at St Mirren and as I've said repeatedly (so don't need to say it again), it's been a failure by McInnes mainly.

It depends what you want. In a theoretical debate about whether he's consistent enough to earn a place in a title-winning team, something would have to change. What's so frustrating in the form he showed for two months a very long time ago and what he should be capable of doing. If you think his attitude and consistency is good enough (based on many years watching him in a red shirt) to contribute to a winning team then perhaps you don't know what a winning team looks like.

McGinn's consistent inconsistency is a constant. He's one of if not the best footballer in this squad and given Milne's history, there will be no clear out coming. We can forget about the possibility of winning the league. That ship has sailed and this season was our best opportunity. McGinn is not the problem. He's a symptom of questionable (yet to be proven) man management ability and a chairman who doesn't even want to win the league. The fans sang Gibson's name at the end of the last game I watched. Unlike Boro, our fans will never sing for Milne. I'll sing when we see the back of the cunt but until then, we get the club we deserve. Fans trying to point score over other fans on an Internet forum over this particular footballer won't help anything. It's a pathetic illustration of how absurdly low we have fallen both in competitiveness and realistic expectations and totally ignores the biggest issue which is why we have many missing thousands.

Jayden Stockley from AFC Bournemouth is a lad we are currently being linked with.

22 year old Striker who as been on loan at Exeter City this season scoring 10 goals in 22 games.

Been offered a contract it seems? 6Ft2. Good stuff McInnes. Addressing the winter issue, and will hopefully bring something different to Rooney and perhaps even compliment him when required. Considine hoof, Stockley flick on, Rooney hammers it home. From December to March, then back to playing fitba.

Been offered a contract it seems? 6Ft2. Good stuff McInnes. Addressing the winter issue, and will hopefully bring something different to Rooney and perhaps even compliment him when required. Considine hoof, Stockley flick on, Rooney hammers it home. From December to March, then back to playing fitba.

Where did you read that?  Read about Exeter offering him one but not us?

DM does seem adamant he wants a physical striker up front. It's not worked for him so far, hope this is more successful.