Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Relegation/Promotion

Putting this in here because of the effect it may have on AFC in the future...

It is obviously very funny what is happening to Dundee United, but do we really want them to go down this season? Another biggish club out of the league but let's face it, if they go down - and they likely will - it will be because they have been utterly rotten and don't deserve to be in the top flight.

Will you miss them after the initial laughing at them has worn off? Tannadice is always a favoured away trip and United at Pittodrie is always one of the home fixtures to look out for no matter how shite they've become.

Personally, i'd like to see Killie piss off out the league. Looks like the huns will come up but you know Hibs will do a Hibs and bottle any playoff.

The huns being back... not looking forward to it. I've enjoyed them being away. I really wouldn't care if we never played them again and a lot of my Dons supporting mates feel the same but some can't wait to get a go at them. Do you want them back?

Personally I would prefer Glasgow Rangers FC were confined to the history books in a section about the mistakes of society. The disappointment of last Monday nights result was made marginally worse after hibs failed to take advantage Sevco's slip up on the Saturday.

I agree on the Kilmarnock front as I have had a chip on my shoulder with them since the 1994/95 season however the Arabs have been grinding on me since their last Scottish cup win (ruined the highland dream) even more so after the league cup semi so I will have a little smile should they eventually drop down.

Promotion wise I would like to see Queen of the South come up but I fear it will go as follows

Promoted - Blue Meanies & Hibernian (Playoffs)

Relegated - Dundee United & Partick Thistle (playoffs)

Arabs look doomed. Will miss the trips there but if they finish bottom then they deserve to be relegated. Would love to see Killie down. Always been a pish away day however it is still to close to call who end up in the play offs position. Sadly looks like the Tribute Act will get promoted this time. Not as convinced as others that Hibs will make it through the play offs. As soon as the expectation builds they will have there usual collapse. Fragility is still there as they have bottled every chance to close the gap when the Tribute Act slip up.

Fuck them. More than happy to see them go down and they won't be missed. They'd miss us. We bring 3 or 4 times down there what they do up here. Having said that I'd also be quite happy to get Killie to fuck.

And I'm with you on Rangers (The) Bobby. I'm not relishing the prospect of playing them again. I have no doubt we're the better team but something would happen (for example the Lafferty "headbutt" that would boil my blood all over again. Hope the cunts die again.

Like others have said it'd be a shame if United go down, great away day.  That said, you really want the best teams in the top league, if you're finishing bottom then you don't deserve a place in the PL.

The Rangers are dead certs imo to come up, wouldn't at all surprise me to see whoever finishes 11th in PL win the play offs and stay up.

I'm gutted that Killie look like they'll get their act together in time to avoid relegation, certainly they'll be able to beat the hivees.  The only way I would have happily seen them stay up is if they were to face the hunnery newco in a playoff game. Hibs are as consistent as us in that they will always bottle it when they have the opportunity to capitalise on their indifferent form.  It's a shame that the blue nose scum appear to be getting their house in order, I really hoped that they'd die again. Just to wipe the smugness of those potty nosed pricks faces.

Not bothered about the Arabs, yes it's a great day out and one the better games to be involved with, but they are shite. They need to get relegated and sort themselves out.

• 4 weeks later...

Arabs beat St Johnstone 1-0 today to close the gap on Killie to 5 points with a game in hand.

They have a bit of momentum now so it could be pretty close for the bottom spot now.  Although I'd miss the arabs if they went down I still think it would be hilarious, mainly because I knew a few arab fans.

Fuck 'em.

• 3 weeks later...

Arabs relegated by Dundee. Painful way to go.

I can't think of a more painful way to be relegated... Losing a last minute winner against your local rivals to send them down is brutal.

Can think of a few Dundee fans that will be fairly happy tonight though  ;)

• 2 weeks later...