Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Restaurants recommended

• 3 weeks later...

Going stir crazy in this awful weather. The only time I've left the house the last two days was to collect the carry-out.

It was from the Manchurian (close to the Mounthooly roundabout).

If you like chinese food, this is the best in the area in my opinion. The fact that many chinese eat there provides good corroboration.

This won't affect any arseholes living outwith the North East of course but for any of you locals, check it out if you haven't before.

Going stir crazy in this awful weather. The only time I've left the house the last two days was to collect the carry-out.

It was from the Manchurian (close to the Mounthooly roundabout).

If you like chinese food, this is the best in the area in my opinion. The fact that many chinese eat there provides good corroboration.

This won't affect any arseholes living outwith the North East of course but for any of you locals, check it out if you haven't before.

The Manchurian on Dumbarton Road, The Weege is also very good. Just in case any arseholes in the North East  ever join civilisation and need a Chinese in Glasgow's West End....

The Manchurian on Dumbarton Road, The Wedge is also very good. Just in case any arseholes in the North East  ever join civilisation and need a Chinese in Glasgow's West End....

Haha. Too shay. A rare laff on a site conspicuous by its humour void.

Get out of the sticks gentlemen, as the Wolf said. Dumbarton Road is too far out. Amber Regent and Opium are the best.

Haha. Too shay. A rare laff on a site conspicuous by its humour void.

Get out of the sticks gentlemen, as the Wolf said. Dumbarton Road is too far out. Amber Regent and Opium are the best.

It is far out and a lot of hun shops down that stretch too, but Chow on Byres Rd is equally as good and obviously not quite so far out.  :thumbsup:

It is far out and a lot of hun shops down that stretch too, but Chow on Byres Rd is equally as good and obviously not quite so far out.  :thumbsup:

I don't know Chow so thanks for the recommendation. The Aberdeen Manchurian is the best chinese in my opinion up here but restaurants here are shite compared to the weege. We struggle to pick anywhere to go dining out in Aberdeen and eating out a lot, we get average too often.

• 1 month later...

Not a huge fan of chains but if you like a burger, Byron or Byrons in Union Square was superb.

First visit. Won't be my last.

Unlike the Homemade Burger Co. next door. Only went once.

I too have been to Handmade Burger once and only once. It was shite. And I don't understand the whole paying extra for chips thing. It's a burger joint. You get chips with your burger surely?

I've also only heard good things about Byron. Looking forward to giving it a try.

And I don't understand the whole paying extra for chips thing. It's a burger joint. You get chips with your burger surely?

It's business you don't understand. McDonalds don't give chips with burgers. Nobody does. Why would they? If you don't think it's value, you don't go. Simple.

The chips were very reasonably priced and a choice of fries. The normal ones were excellent. The coleslaw extra was expensive at £2.95 but I didn't grudge paying it. Between two, that and the onion rings was perfect. The cans of Byron beer was expensive too at £4.95 but an iced glass and a nice overall experience, I thought it was great.

In fact, I've never had a better burger meal experience.

It's business you don't understand. McDonalds don't give chips with burgers. Nobody does. Why would they? If you don't think it's value, you don't go. Simple.

If you order a burger from TGI Fridays, Frankie & Benny's or the vast majority of other restaurants there is not a separate price for chips. It's included with the meal. Having said that if Handmade wasn't shite I'd still go even thought they price the chips separately. That's not a deal breakers. It's the shiteness of the burgers that makes it poor value and that's why I don't go. Mcdonalds offer "extra value meals" which incorporate a drink and chips with the burger for a lower price than buying them separately. Exactly what Handmade doesn't do. 

Not been to Byron yet but I'm obviously in the minority regarding Handmade burger - never had a poor burger there. And ordering chips separately cannae be too onerous surely?!

It's just odd. I don't understand why they do it that way when generally no one else does. If the food was good it wouldn't stop me going though. But it's nae IMO my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...