Author Topic: Restaurants recommended  (Read 13622 times)

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -162
Re: Restaurants recommended
« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2019, 11:06:09 AM »
Soul have a new fish restaurant. The menu is excellent and I'm sure they will do Haddock and chips very well but I'll not be back. First and last visit yesterday. Something missing. Well, everything was missing in my supposed chilli and ginger dressing as I couldn't find even a hint of either. Very bland food for me but wife's scallops and lemon sole was very good. She also not fussed about ever going back.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline rumpus2

• Under 19's
  • Rating: -4
« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2019, 09:40:20 PM »
Had an excellent meal last week at Cults Hotel.

Very amenable surrounds, good service and delicious food. Being a modest soul I opted for the mince and tatties and to take it one step further, I asked for chips rather than tatties.

Man of the people.

Would recommend.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2019, 09:44:43 PM »
Mince and chips is a phenomenal combination. There's a caravan-type in Stan Drews and a shoppie in Dundee that I seek out only for this purpose.

Offline rumpus2

• Under 19's
« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2019, 09:48:40 PM »
While combined with the ultimate culinary delight that is Skirlie straight from the griddle infused with burnt onions.....delicious.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2019, 09:51:01 PM »
You've taken that gastro. That's Michelin 9 stars.

Offline rumpus2

• Under 19's
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2019, 09:59:00 PM »
Never understood that whole Michelin thing.

Why are tyre manufacturers connesewers of good food?

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2019, 10:00:55 PM »
Dined vegetarian last night. A new restaurant in Rotterdam. The first course of seven was awesome, a (silken) tofu fused with seaweed and stuff. The dessert was fine, a meringue with quince (which we were trying to work out whether it was pear or nectarine). Almost everything in between was fucking shite. We ended up gorging on meat for lunch today at Markthall.

Offline rumpus2

• Under 19's
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2019, 10:04:38 PM »
Anyway, that's 10pm.

Time for me to retire to bed and continue my reading, Escobar Walker just now.

Complete and utter Weegie shite, but I try and read a lot of Scottish authors regardless of their ability.

I'll bid you farewell for just now. Till we meet again.

Offline rumpus2

• Under 19's
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2019, 10:08:47 PM »
Dined vegetarian last night. A new restaurant in Rotterdam. The first course of seven was awesome, a (silken) tofu fused with seaweed and stuff. The dessert was fine, a meringue with quince (which we were trying to work out whether it was pear or nectarine). Almost everything in between was fucking shite. We ended up gorging on meat for lunch today at Markthall.

My youngest daughters a vegetarian, has been since 6 years old. Always unwell growing up.

It's not healthy.

'Carrots have feelings too you know' That was and still is my standard retort to the preposterous situation.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2019, 10:15:22 PM »
My youngest used to be a vegetarian. It didn't last long but to be fair, she does avoid red meat still.

It was a thoroughly underwhelming experience and fuck that for a game of soldiers.

Adieu too. Must retire. A present for you;

http://www.voorlinden.nl/?lang=en

Went there on Saturday. One of the best experiences of all our lives.

Not too tenuous a connection as the Manor House restaurant next door was delightful.

Offline rumpus2

• Under 19's
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2019, 10:21:04 PM »
Thank you.

Apart from Amsterdam, I've never really done the Holland thing, mainly because Dutch people are by trait, arrogant self centred beanpoles who forget who saved them in 1945.

That place looks decent though, enjoy the rest of your stay.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2019, 10:30:07 PM »
I know from you O & G types how arrogant and despised the Dutch are but honestly, there are so many beautiful people in that country. The two either side of me at the Feyenoord game yesterday shook my hand at 90 minutes, totally different people. We got home this evening but will return again this year.

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 114
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2019, 02:30:53 PM »
I know from you O & G types how arrogant and despised the Dutch are but honestly, there are so many beautiful people in that country. The two either side of me at the Feyenoord game yesterday shook my hand at 90 minutes, totally different people. We got home this evening but will return again this year.

Worse than the Aberdonian oil wankers?!  :o I can scarcely believe it. Ne'er a bigger bunch of fucking bell-ends have I seen. And that includes the Dutch pricks in Groeningen trying to start on borderline pensioner Dons fans.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2019, 03:05:23 PM »

Worse than the Aberdonian oil wankers?!  :o I can scarcely believe it. Ne'er a bigger bunch of fucking bell-ends have I seen. And that includes the Dutch pricks in Groeningen trying to start on borderline pensioner Dons fans.

You just hate ALL Aberdonians, period, but I agree that the biggest bell-end proportion in the NE are O & G. They are not to be confused with the Dutch football hooligans though, being a totally different socio-economic group with completely different agendas and therefore a completely different type of "bell-endness".

The ugliness of the O & G pricks is their sense of superiority, totally falsely earned of course but we can understand that shit earning bigger incomes than their limited abilities could ever have dreamed of are going to think they're Erchie.

The ugliness of people seeking violence for the sake of it - which included the ASC of course - are young testosterone-fuelled idiots who grow out of it.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2019, 03:10:14 PM »
On topic, I still have no really-excellent restaurants to recommend in Aberdeen.

There are two great well-established Italians in Alexandra Parade, Glasgow that I came across recently, the first of the two being a good pick-up tonic after the Celtic final and at least getting our bodies feeling decent for the drive home, where our minds were sick.

Online manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 76
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2019, 11:30:41 PM »
We're pretty blessed for restaurants here in Welly. For a small city, the percentage of good quality restaurants is really good.  Maybe we should change the thread title to encompass everywhere?

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #116 on: March 30, 2019, 11:10:31 AM »
The thread title is not geographically specific and does not preclude recommendations anywhere.

For example, if any of you find yourselves in Rotterdam, I suggest Brasserie Kaat Mossel.

In St Annes, Zen is an excellent choice.

Unfortunately I can't recommend anywhere in Delhi as I've not been there.

Online manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 76
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2019, 02:05:35 AM »
Haha right you are, I could have sworn I read it as restaurants in Aberdeen. Fuck knows where I read that though