Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Rugby world cup

tom_widdows

Couldnt see a thread for this (take it no one is that bothered) however given how shite the day has been football wise it brings a smile to my face to see ENGLAND KNOCKED OUT in the group stages!

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

First host nation in RWC history not to reach the knock-out stages.  :thumbsup:

Be nice if Scotland can beat the Samoans and follow the welsh & Irish into the knock outs

• 2 weeks later...

Another brilliant game at the millennium stadium. Sounds like an electric atmosphere too. My housemate predicted Argentina as dark horses for the final before the world cup started, could well be right.

Here's hoping Scotland can do something against the convicts...

Referee spoiled it today. How he never went to tmo for that final decision is beyond me. Not convinced by the Maitland sin bin either. But fuck me, the Scotland football team have a lot to learn from the rugby team. Such passion and desire, they play as a brave unit. Good times are ahead for this team. What a performance

Expected, pre-match, to get gubbed. Ended it feeling cheated. Rarely can you question rugby referee's decisions.

Maitland's sin binning was a joke. It's all very well going to the TMO but surely it needs to be real time for that decision.

When referee's went what felt like ten games before giving a try without going to the TMO at the start of the tournament why didn't such an important decision warrant it? I can only assume the assured claims of the convicts convinced him as rarely do you see such blatant gamesmanship.

I wonder if we'll see a Argie v NZ final.

I honestly thought we were going to do it, we have a good record against them so was reasonably confident. Never thought it would be the gubbing all said it would be. Then when the rain gods even tried to help us along I could see it happening. Anyway, I agree, argies were very good today, and an NZ - Argie final would be very entertaining.

Aussies have already seen off the all -blacks so have no fear of anyone

I see the refs performance review is out fairly soon although some social media outlets seem to be implying there is a chance the match could be awarded to Scotland.

For me this incident highlights the failings of not thinking through the TMO. For such technology to exist and to restrict its use of specific incidents was always leaving world rugby open to a fuck up like this.

I presume that unlike Tennis (and I believe American Football) the captains and/or managers do not have the opportunity to 'challenge' a decision? If so I would put money on that being introduced fairly sharpish after the tournament.

Anyway I hope the Argies win it but if not them, anyone but the fucking All-blacks. Great Country, horrible horrible Rugby Team

Aussies have already seen off the all -blacks so have no fear of anyone

I see the refs performance review is out fairly soon although some social media outlets seem to be implying there is a chance the match could be awarded to Scotland.

For me this incident highlights the failings of not thinking through the TMO. For such technology to exist and to restrict its use of specific incidents was always leaving world rugby open to a fuck up like this.

I presume that unlike Tennis (and I believe American Football) the captains and/or managers do not have the opportunity to 'challenge' a decision? If so I would put money on that being introduced fairly sharpish after the tournament.

Anyway I hope the Argies win it but if not them, anyone but the fucking All-blacks. Great Country, horrible horrible Rugby Team

Where are you seeing this ???

For me, it's anyone but the Aussies. I would hate having to hear them bleat on about it.  Horrible sporting nation.

As much as I felt Scotland were robbed yesterday, I'd really hate for that to happen.  For me that would be setting a really dangerous precedent.

• 4 years later...

What a pleasant surprise that was! I was gravely worried the whole time about England because they looked like the strongest team in the competition and had they not believed their own hype they'd have won the final too.

I didn't think they collectively refused to wear their medals? I did notice one or two of them take them off but I'd have probably done the same tbh.